CDZ Another Question for Gun Owners

Police around the nation have for years begged for assault weapons like those used in Dallas to be taken off the streets. They're overwhelmed.

If you claim to support the police, why not support them by supporting common sense regulation of these weapons and clips, etc?
Thinking that a ban on assault weapons would somehow get them out of the hands of criminals, who by definition don't follow the law, is not common sense, it's lack thereof. The government in question would only be weakening the ability of citizens to defend themselves, while criminals would continue being able to use them. We've already had MANY stupid threads like this.

Yet when they restricted machine guns in 1986, that pretty much got them off the streets. Why did it work that time?
How many fully automatic rifles were actually in the public's hands in 1986?

I've owned guns since I was 16 and have been shooting for over 30 years and never once in the thousands of gun owners I have met did one ever own a fully automatic gun

You are right. Extremely few fully automatic guns on the street now, but it's mot because it would be hard to convert any of those ARs to full auto. If crooks will get what they want no matter what the law says, why don't they have tons of fully auto ARs?
Very few on the street in 1986 too

And it's not as easy as you think to convert a semiauto to fully automatic. Most people have neither the skills nor the equipment needed to do so

Police around the nation have for years begged for assault weapons like those used in Dallas to be taken off the streets. They're overwhelmed.

If you claim to support the police, why not support them by supporting common sense regulation of these weapons and clips, etc?
Thinking that a ban on assault weapons would somehow get them out of the hands of criminals, who by definition don't follow the law, is not common sense, it's lack thereof. The government in question would only be weakening the ability of citizens to defend themselves, while criminals would continue being able to use them. We've already had MANY stupid threads like this.

Yet when they restricted machine guns in 1986, that pretty much got them off the streets. Why did it work that time?

I've owned guns since I was 16 and have been shooting for over 30 years and never once in the thousands of gun owners I have met did one ever own a fully automatic gun

You are right. Extremely few fully automatic guns on the street now, but it's mot because it would be hard to convert any of those ARs to full auto. If crooks will get what they want no matter what the law says, why don't they have tons of fully auto ARs?

And it's not as easy as you think to convert a semiauto to fully automatic. Most people have neither the skills nor the equipment needed to do so

This guy says he can do it in about 4 hours, in his garage. It's not that hard to do. The law prevents them from being on the streets . That is all that prevents them from being on the streets.
AutoSearTrip101.jpg

HOW TO: Make an RDIAS Replacement Trip -

This guy says he can do it in about 4 hours, in his garage. It's not that hard to do. The law prevents them from being on the streets . That is all that prevents them from being on the streets.
AutoSearTrip101.jpg

YEah he says.

How long before the gun jams or blows up in his face

Like I said it's not as easy as you think. If it was everyone would be doing it and that is just not the case

AutoSearTrip101.jpg

YEah he says.

Like I said it's not as easy as you think. If it was everyone would be doing it and that is just not the case

Really? Does that picture look like something that is too hard to do, especially with step by step instructions? Dimensions and specifications are easily found on the internet. The power of the law is the only thing keeping them from being widely available.

AutoSearTrip101.jpg

YEah he says.

Really? Does that picture look like something that is too hard to do, especially with step by step instructions? Dimensions and specifications are easily found on the internet. The power of the law is the only thing keeping them from being widely available.

So tell me how long before the gun jams or blows up in his face?

If it really worked wouldn't there be proof and not just some guy on the internet saying he can do it ?

We all know everything on the internet is true though right?

I suppose if he said he could do it with a paper clip you'd believe him too

You might want to watch this too.

You'll notice that is a pre 1986 REGISTERED drop in auto sear.

Maybe you should have watched it

AutoSearTrip101.jpg

YEah he says.

If it really worked wouldn't there be proof and not just some guy on the internet saying he can do it ?

If he was the only one giving those instructions, I would agree with you. There are tons of sites saying virtually the same thing. Legitimate sites. The only thing keeping machine guns from being readily available is the law.

AutoSearTrip101.jpg

YEah he says.

If he was the only one giving those instructions, I would agree with you. There are tons of sites saying virtually the same thing. Legitimate sites. The only thing keeping machine guns from being readily available is the law.

Yeah and none of them work for very long if at all

So what keeps people from doing it is that it is more likely to screw up your gun than it is to work

Of course it is registered. The registration has nothing to do with how it is physically built. Virtually every person who carried a gun in the military knows how to strip them down and put them back together, and all the parts needed for the conversion can be bought off the shelf except for that one little piece of metal that is less than the size of a cigarette pack. what do you think is keeping thugs from using them every day?

We don't take that approach legally to any other issue relative to the law do we, not one.
Other laws don't hinder the ability of citizen's to defend themselves.

Neither would this one done properly, you have never defended yourself with a gun, much less an assault style weapon. You need home protection? Shot gun, covered, and much better.

Not really. Many woman and people of small stature have a hard time with shot guns. My Mother and Wife being a couple who cant manage them. An AR15 on the other hand they can manage. I have defended my self with a gun. .556 does nasty things to flesh.

Yeah? Guns do nasty things to flesh? Good to know, thanks. A)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, B) stupid choice for home defense.
The best gun for home defense is the one you can shoot accurately.

Very true. Take a five foot tall 120 pound man or woman and have them work a 12 Guage with 00 buck or slugs. 20ga is better in that situation.

AutoSearTrip101.jpg

YEah he says.

So what keeps people from doing it is that it is more likely to screw up your gun than it is to work

Mill spec won't hurt your gun.

AutoSearTrip101.jpg

YEah he says.

Grab at straws all you want. The law does prevent bad guys from using them.

Allot more then one would think. Thousands of full auto firearms as well as destructive devices (big ass guns) are and have been owned by civilians for ever. Is it not odd that none are used in any crimes or mass shootings?

We don't take that approach legally to any other issue relative to the law do we, not one.
Other laws don't hinder the ability of citizen's to defend themselves.

Neither would this one done properly, you have never defended yourself with a gun, much less an assault style weapon. You need home protection? Shot gun, covered, and much better.

Not really. Many woman and people of small stature have a hard time with shot guns. My Mother and Wife being a couple who cant manage them. An AR15 on the other hand they can manage. I have defended my self with a gun. .556 does nasty things to flesh.

Yeah? Guns do nasty things to flesh? Good to know, thanks. A)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, B) stupid choice for home defense.

Yes. .556 does disgusting things to flesh and is more manageable then a shotgun.

It's not hard to convert any AR to full auto. I can order a full auto pack from shotgun news now and it's 100% legal.

Of course it is registered. The registration has nothing to do with how it is physically built. Virtually every person who carried a gun in the military knows how to strip them down and put them back together, and all the parts needed for the conversion can be bought off the shelf except for that one little piece of metal that is less than the size of a cigarette pack. what do you think is keeping thugs from using them every day?

Whoa, Skippy

Your point was any schmo could make his semi auto fully auto without any special parts or skill

You certainly did not support that argument with a video of guy using a rare and very expensive part that needs a special permit to acquire did you?

YEah he says.

Again your point was that any Tom Dick or Harry can convert any semi auto to fully auto with no special parts or skill

Mil Spec parts, parts that need precision machining, or special permits to acquire do not support that do they?

No...that isn't true.....they just cost more, and most people can defend themselves with semi auto rifles and pistols....those who want them, can get them. Most people can get a gun that fills their needs for 4-6 hundred dollars.....the government throws on 1,000 dollar tax on automatic weapons......

Besides, those guns were never on the streets to begin with.....so as usual, the anti gunners came up with a solution for a problem that didn't exist....

France completely bans fully automatic weapons...who has them, criminals and terrorists.

Again your point was that any Tom Dick or Harry can convert any semi auto to fully auto with no special parts or skill

Mil Spec parts, parts that need precision machining, or special permits to acquire do not support that do they?

I never said any semi. Look at the part dumbass. Even you could read a ruler well enough to see if the dimensions are correct.

Forum List

Back