CDZ Another Question for Gun Owners

Police around the nation have for years begged for assault weapons like those used in Dallas to be taken off the streets. They're overwhelmed.

If you claim to support the police, why not support them by supporting common sense regulation of these weapons and clips, etc?
They have?

Do you have some proof of this "begging"?

BTW people even criminals do not walk the streets with "assault" rifles. Handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals as they are more easily concealable

Assault weapons are the weapon of choice for mass shootings.

that is not true. The weapon of choice for mass shootings is the pistol.

Look at the list of mass shootings compiled by Mother Jones, 1982-2016.......rifles with detachable magazines murdered a grand total of 154 people......far outweighed by those murdered in mass shootings with pistols....why...pistols kill just as well and you can put them under a jacket easier than a longer rifle.......

That is also why you don't see American criminals using long guns in democrat voting districts.....they use pistols because they can put the gun in their girlfriends purse or under their car seat....you can't do that with a rifle....

Police around the nation have for years begged for assault weapons like those used in Dallas to be taken off the streets. They're overwhelmed.

If you claim to support the police, why not support them by supporting common sense regulation of these weapons and clips, etc?
Thinking that a ban on assault weapons would somehow get them out of the hands of criminals, who by definition don't follow the law, is not common sense, it's lack thereof. The government in question would only be weakening the ability of citizens to defend themselves, while criminals would continue being able to use them. We've already had MANY stupid threads like this.

Yet when they restricted machine guns in 1986, that pretty much got them off the streets. Why did it work that time?
How many fully automatic rifles were actually in the public's hands in 1986?

I've owned guns since I was 16 and have been shooting for over 30 years and never once in the thousands of gun owners I have met did one ever own a fully automatic gun

You are right. Extremely few fully automatic guns on the street now, but it's mot because it would be hard to convert any of those ARs to full auto. If crooks will get what they want no matter what the law says, why don't they have tons of fully auto ARs?

Because they don't need them to murder the 16 year old gang rival...and they are hard to hide in a car or their girlfriends purse......

Really? Does that picture look like something that is too hard to do, especially with step by step instructions? Dimensions and specifications are easily found on the internet. The power of the law is the only thing keeping them from being widely available.

So tell me how long before the gun jams or blows up in his face?

If it really worked wouldn't there be proof and not just some guy on the internet saying he can do it ?

We all know everything on the internet is true though right?

I suppose if he said he could do it with a paper clip you'd believe him too

If he was the only one giving those instructions, I would agree with you. There are tons of sites saying virtually the same thing. Legitimate sites. The only thing keeping machine guns from being readily available is the law.

Yeah and none of them work for very long if at all

So what keeps people from doing it is that it is more likely to screw up your gun than it is to work

Mill spec won't hurt your gun.

Again your point was that any Tom Dick or Harry can convert any semi auto to fully auto with no special parts or skill

Mil Spec parts, parts that need precision machining, or special permits to acquire do not support that do they?

As usual You're a dumbass wing nut. You refuse to let facts enter the conversation.

If it really worked wouldn't there be proof and not just some guy on the internet saying he can do it ?

If he was the only one giving those instructions, I would agree with you. There are tons of sites saying virtually the same thing. Legitimate sites. The only thing keeping machine guns from being readily available is the law.

So what keeps people from doing it is that it is more likely to screw up your gun than it is to work

Again your point was that any Tom Dick or Harry can convert any semi auto to fully auto with no special parts or skill

Mil Spec parts, parts that need precision machining, or special permits to acquire do not support that do they?

I never said any semi. Look at the part dumbass. Even you could read a ruler well enough to see if the dimensions are correct.

Such a tiny percent of murders are committed with legal guns. And the left points to shooting after shooting that wouldn't have been effected by any Democrat proposals while ignoring shooting after shooting that were committed with illegal guns. And your only proposal is to continue to take guns away from the law abiding citizens not committing the crimes.

Then there's that terrorism can be fought with gun control. The left is just again looney toons

Thinking that a ban on assault weapons would somehow get them out of the hands of criminals, who by definition don't follow the law, is not common sense, it's lack thereof. The government in question would only be weakening the ability of citizens to defend themselves, while criminals would continue being able to use them. We've already had MANY stupid threads like this.

Yet when they restricted machine guns in 1986, that pretty much got them off the streets. Why did it work that time?

I've owned guns since I was 16 and have been shooting for over 30 years and never once in the thousands of gun owners I have met did one ever own a fully automatic gun

You are right. Extremely few fully automatic guns on the street now, but it's mot because it would be hard to convert any of those ARs to full auto. If crooks will get what they want no matter what the law says, why don't they have tons of fully auto ARs?

f crooks will get what they want no matter what the law says, why don't they have tons of fully auto ARs?

Do you know where you see fully automatic weapons as the weapon of choice....France. Their criminals like fully automatic weapons...it is a cultural thing...their is a "cool" factor for French criminals apparently.........I linked to an article on this just this week.....

And fully automatic rifles and weapons are completely illegal in France, and completely inaccessible to law abiding people......

Very few on the street in 1986 too

And it's not as easy as you think to convert a semiauto to fully automatic. Most people have neither the skills nor the equipment needed to do so

This guy says he can do it in about 4 hours, in his garage. It's not that hard to do. The law prevents them from being on the streets . That is all that prevents them from being on the streets.
AutoSearTrip101.jpg

HOW TO: Make an RDIAS Replacement Trip -

No......there are laws that state that felons can't buy, own or carry guns....90% of gun murder is committed by felons...how is that law theory working on that?

No...that isn't true.....they just cost more, and most people can defend themselves with semi auto rifles and pistols....those who want them, can get them. Most people can get a gun that fills their needs for 4-6 hundred dollars.....the government throws on 1,000 dollar tax on automatic weapons......

Besides, those guns were never on the streets to begin with.....so as usual, the anti gunners came up with a solution for a problem that didn't exist....

France completely bans fully automatic weapons...who has them, criminals and terrorists.

You aren't getting my point. If laws don't prevent thugs from getting guns, then what keeps those same thugs from easily converting legal guns to fully automatic? It's not that parts can't be easily bought or built.

Very few on the street in 1986 too

And it's not as easy as you think to convert a semiauto to fully automatic. Most people have neither the skills nor the equipment needed to do so

This guy says he can do it in about 4 hours, in his garage. It's not that hard to do. The law prevents them from being on the streets . That is all that prevents them from being on the streets.
AutoSearTrip101.jpg

HOW TO: Make an RDIAS Replacement Trip -

YEah he says.

How long before the gun jams or blows up in his face

Like I said it's not as easy as you think. If it was everyone would be doing it and that is just not the case

Really? Does that picture look like something that is too hard to do, especially with step by step instructions? Dimensions and specifications are easily found on the internet. The power of the law is the only thing keeping them from being widely available.

You think the law keeps guns from widely being used? Seriously?

No...that isn't true.....they just cost more, and most people can defend themselves with semi auto rifles and pistols....those who want them, can get them. Most people can get a gun that fills their needs for 4-6 hundred dollars.....the government throws on 1,000 dollar tax on automatic weapons......

Besides, those guns were never on the streets to begin with.....so as usual, the anti gunners came up with a solution for a problem that didn't exist....

France completely bans fully automatic weapons...who has them, criminals and terrorists.

You aren't getting my point. If laws don't prevent thugs from getting guns, then what keeps those same thugs from easily converting legal guns to fully automatic? It's not that parts can't be easily bought or built.

Because they don't need to invest that time and energy for something they can do with a gun they already have....it doesn't take fully automatic fire to murder the other gang member.....and a fully automatic weapon will be a larger weapon...even and Uzi or Mac 10 is bigger than a Glock.......you can put the glock in your baby mommas purse, or under the seat...the uzi or mac 10 doesn't fit.....

Running down the block with an uzi in your waist band is just a non starter.....not so with a glock....

Because they don't need to invest that time and energy for something they can do with a gun they already have....it doesn't take fully automatic fire to murder the other gang member.....and a fully automatic weapon will be a larger weapon...even and Uzi or Mac 10 is bigger than a Glock.......you can put the glock in your baby mommas purse, or under the seat...the uzi or mac 10 doesn't fit.....

Running down the block with an uzi in your waist band is just a non starter.....not so with a glock....

A fully auto AR is the exact same size as a semi AR.

Also....again.....90% of gun murder is committed by people with at least one felony conviction...often more than one with many, many misdemeanors all of which makes it illegal for them to buy, own or carry a gun......so we get back to the 90% figure......

with 357,000,000 guns in private hands we had 8,124 gun murders in 2014.......most of those committed by criminals....but 356,991,876 guns in private hands were not used for murder..........

A fully auto AR is the exact same size as a semi AR.

They don't use either one.....and again...they don't need to spend 4 hours in the crack house converting an AR into a fully automatic weapon to drive by an enemy and shoot them.......

They can do that much with less chance of being discovered with pistols than with a rifle that can't fit under the seat, or in a purse or in their waistband.....

YEah he says.

How long before the gun jams or blows up in his face

Like I said it's not as easy as you think. If it was everyone would be doing it and that is just not the case

Grab at straws all you want. The law does prevent bad guys from using them.

No they don't.....criminals use people with clean records to buy their guns for them or they steal them.....how does the law stop that exactly.....

If I said that sprinkling pixie dust in the woods at midnight stops criminals from getting guns...you would rightfully ask "How exactly does that work?" So I ask you....which gun laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals......?

Allot more then one would think. Thousands of full auto firearms as well as destructive devices (big ass guns) are and have been owned by civilians for ever. Is it not odd that none are used in any crimes or mass shootings?

Not really....the Virginia Tech shooter killed 32 people with a pistol...why spend 1,000 dollars extra for a 700-800 dollar rifle when you can buy a pistol for 400 dollars and kill just as many people?

I never said any semi. Look at the part dumbass. Even you could read a ruler well enough to see if the dimensions are correct.

So replace any semi auto with any AR 15 and my statement is still correct

It's not that easy

As usual You're a dumbass wing nut. You refuse to let facts enter the conversation.

So you're wrong again and you resort to name calling

Very mature

Because it's not that easy

They have?

BTW people even criminals do not walk the streets with "assault" rifles. Handguns are the weapon of choice for criminals as they are more easily concealable

An AR 15 or any other semiautomatic for that matter is not an "assault" weapon

And mass shootings represent 1% or less of all murders so let's concentrate on that and disregard the other 99%

that's always a good strategy

I understand. Let's not be concerned about those children gunned down in Newtown, the moviegoers gunned down in Aurora, the church goers gunned down in Charleston, the gays gunned down in Orlando, or five cops gunned down in Dallas.

It's like the NRA and gun supporters have brought Hillary's oft- misquoted "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?" to a whole new level.

They have?

An AR 15 or any other semiautomatic for that matter is not an "assault" weapon

And mass shootings represent 1% or less of all murders so let's concentrate on that and disregard the other 99%

that's always a good strategy

I understand. Let's not be concerned about those children gunned down in Newtown, the moviegoers gunned down in Aurora, the church goers gunned down in Charleston, the gays gunned down in Orlando, or five cops gunned down in Dallas.

It's like the NRA and gun supporters have brought Hillary's oft- misquoted "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?" to a whole new level.

Which shootings were done with legally obtained guns?

You're obsessing on removing guns from legal owners who commit a tiny fraction of the crimes and ignoring the shooting galleries in our inner cities and other places where most of the murders and crimes are committed with illegal guns.

Do you see anything logically inconsistent with that approach?

It seems I remember reading, of that fraudulent statistic, that it even counted, in some instances, as guns “in the home”, guns that were brought into the home by criminals, in the course of attacking the occupants of the home.

yes they did........

Lies abound on all sides, lying is fundamental to American culture.

To humans......all around the world...

No one does denial like we do, you're a prime example shoog.

How is pointing out that you want to say lying is fundamental to American culture and I point out it is fundamental to the human race......you just hate America, so that clouds your understanding of reality.

Why is it that some rabid frothy mouthed folk claiming to love America can't bear to look at it realistically to improve society for all?

A land based on liberty and freedom for all that engaged in genocide, slavery, and initially freedom for wealthy white males only is/was quite clearly based on lies. Still is. Whether you can bear to confront it or not.

Forum List

Back