CDZ Another Question for Gun Owners

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Howey, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,313
    The depravity would be me risking my life and the future of my family to help someone who refused to help himself.

Any law abiding citizen can exercise his legal right to self protection with a firearm. If they choose not to I am not responsible for them

My wife means more to me that any other person on this earth. I will gladly risk my life to protect her. You have that same obligation to protect your family. Don't expect others to do it for you

2. Vandalshandle

Vandalshandle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,250
    Personally, I don't need any bullets to protect my home, since I moved out of New Orleans 6 years ago. In fact, I don't even lock my door. iI you can open my garage door, you can walk right in to my living room. In fact, feel free to make me an offer on my 9 MM pistol, or 38 revolver. I don't need them.

How many bullets do you need to protect your home?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,404
    How many bullets do you need to protect your home?

Good question.....

As many as it takes....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134
    I don't take the plug out of the shot gun (so that's three shells for those who may not know). As far as handguns and rifles, I use the mags they came with and they vary from 8-30 rounds. Any of my firearms are capable for home defense, so that should pretty much cover it.

As far as how many rounds it takes to protect my home, well my home doesn't really need protecting. As far as defending myself, I will use as many rounds as it takes to eliminate the threat(s).

5. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,313
    Only idiots leave their doors unlocked

6. Fair&Balanced

Fair&Balanced BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    Depends on where you live. My house is 5 miles from the nearest paved road,if I forget to lock my doors, not much risk.

7. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,313
    Until it is.

Why would you not secure your house when you are sleeping and are the most vulnerable?

8. Fair&Balanced

Fair&Balanced BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    I have big dogs and enough firepower to defeat a small European country in a war. My home is secure

9. 320 Years of History

320 Years of History Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,550
    Goods and goods ownership fall into several classes that are related to economic demand, but that is at times more aptly described by marketing than by economics; thus one must consider and understand the principles of both disciplines for questions such as yours for goods purchase and retention are in play. (One could realistically ignore marketing and instead describe the behavior in terms of psychological and sociological principles, but using marking is more efficient for it applies those disciplines' principles to consumptive and goods delivery processes, thoughts and behaviors.)
    1. Goods one owns that one expressly wants to own.
      • Economics calls this "effective demand." Retaining the item is best described by "long term demand."
      • Marketing calls this "full demand."
    2. Goods one owns that one is indifferent about owning.
      • Economics considers this to be effective demand when the item is purchased, but the keeping of the item is considered derived or short-term demand.
      • Marketing calls this "negative demand."
    3. Goods one does not own and that one expressly wants to own.
      • Economics and marketing both call this "latent demand;" however, the meanings aren't identical. The distinguishing factors are measurability and causality as it pertains to consumers within a given market.
    4. Goods one does not own that one is indifferent about owning. (For example, one living at sea level near the equator who owns/has a snowblower at their home there is likely indifferent about owning it yet owns it.)
      • Economics doesn't deal with this, but it classifies the actual purchase as effective demand.
      • Marketing calls this either "irregular demand" or "no demand," depending upon how it's expressed/acted upon.
    5. Goods one does not own that one is unwilling to own.
      • Economics considers this to be the absence of demand.
      • Marketing calls this "no demand."
    Given the range of possible demand and retention motivation combinations, it's not a stretch to infer that gun owners most often have a demonstrated desire (effectively demanded) to own their gun(s), although it's possible there may be some gun owners who have their firearm(s) because it was gifted to them absent their having expressed a clear desire to own a gun. Gifts notwithstanding, given gun owners' clear desire to own the gun(s), it's not likely one (specifically you, OP) will receive unbiased replies from them about "why [they oppose] common sense regulation of these weapons and clips, etc."

10. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,404

again.....name "common sense " gun regulation...and please explain how they will limit criminals from getting guns, or mass shooters.....

Throwing out the magic words "common sense gun regulation" means nothing.....you can name the ones you want, but you guys have started refusing to name them...because they are easily shown to be useless...and targeted at law abiding gun owners and not criminals or mass shooters......