Another philisophical question to ponder

Powerman said:
When I said one person I really meant a being similar to itself or himself or whatever. Like a soulmate....didn't mean a mortal human.

If you are going to seriously (not just for fun) criticize God, the Bible, etc,etc. and how stupid the whole thing is, then you should appoint yourself the creator as a hypothetical, then write your own book of creation, man and history for lets say 7000 years. How would it go, where would we wind up.

Hint, a few requirements, since you are happy you are here, that is a requirement, that you are eventually born.

Another requirement, you cannot have two illogical situations present at the same time. I.e. "free will" and "no choice to do evil"

maybe you, our oh so superior one, could give us a glimpse at just the first chapter.

LuvRPgrl said:
You think your logic is flawless?

I could understand questioning the existence of God,

But to question any choices he may have made would imply that you are accepting the possibility of His existence in that context of the debate, and I simply would not be arrogant enough to question a Creator who has the power to create an entire universe, the unquestionably super complexity of the human body, etc, etc, I mean, think of the power of a hurricane, He created them. Its the stupid humans who choose to live there.

He gave us paradise, we rejected it, cuz our "logic" lead us elsewhere. So, your same notion that your logic is better than His is exactly the same concept that has lead to all human suffering and evil. I.e. your line of logic and reasoning, or you, are responsable for all the evil that has occured.

My logic isn't flawless.

But let me get this straight? You claim that God created hurricanes? Why would he do such a thing? And you think it's stupid humans who choose to live by hurricanes? I live in an area where hurricanes come from time to time and that certainly doesn't make me and everyone else that lives here stupid. There are different natural disasters that happen virtually everywhere. No one is safe from all these natural disasters that your loving God has conjured up.

LuvRPgrl said:

But to question any choices he may have made would imply that you are accepting the possibility of His existence in that context of the debate, and I simply would not be arrogant enough to question a Creator who has the power to create an entire universe, the unquestionably super complexity of the human body, etc, etc, I mean, think of the power of a hurricane, He created them. Its the stupid humans who choose to live there.

He gave us paradise, we rejected it, cuz our "logic" lead us elsewhere. So, your same notion that your logic is better than His is exactly the same concept that has lead to all human suffering and evil. I.e. your line of logic and reasoning, or you, are responsable for all the evil that has occured.

Did you just say Powerman might be responsible for all that is evil in the world, or did I read that wrong?

The ClayTaurus said:
Did you just say Powerman might be responsible for all that is evil in the world, or did I read that wrong?

I think she has a crush on me.

LuvRPgrl said:

Do plan on backing this chicken shit stance that people are stupid because of where they live? Maybe you can tell me why God created natural disasters and then tell me which reigion of the earth is 100% immune to natural disasters of every kind. You seem like a nice person but you must simply be called out on bullshit like this.

The ClayTaurus said:

no, you didnt read that wrong. The point is, the same flaws of man exists in all of us.

funny that powerman is banned, now , but I will still respond to his last post to me.

This is extremely typical of proof these guys arent looking for answers.

I made a post and the basic idea was that if you accept the idea that God exists, how foolish it is to question Him, since He obviously is of far superior intelligence and abilities, I mean, even to the point of being able to create a hurricane, and now Pman wants to debate hurricanes, completely ignoring the content of my post.

LuvRPgrl said:
no, you didnt read that wrong. The point is, the same flaws of man exists in all of us.

funny that powerman is banned, now , but I will still respond to his last post to me.

This is extremely typical of proof these guys arent looking for answers.

I made a post and the basic idea was that if you accept the idea that God exists, how foolish it is to question Him, since He obviously is of far superior intelligence and abilities, I mean, even to the point of being able to create a hurricane, and now Pman wants to debate hurricanes, completely ignoring the content of my post.
If he was of such far superior intelligence, wouldn't he welcome your questions as they would only serve to increase your own intelligence? Again, I don't agree with your mentality that, just because someone is "smarter" than me, be it infinitely or minutely, I shouldn't question them.

The ClayTaurus said:
If he was of such far superior intelligence, wouldn't he welcome your questions as they would only serve to increase your own intelligence? Again, I don't agree with your mentality that, just because someone is "smarter" than me, be it infinitely or minutely, I shouldn't question them.

If God exists, he's omnitient, meaning he knows everything. If he knows everything, then questioning him is pointless. He already knows the question and the answer and has acted on it. It's not a question of being 'smarter,' as some of the smartest people in the world are smart because they realize how much they don't know. However, if God exists, there's nothing he doesn't know, and saying he's wrong is like saying down is up.

Hobbit said:
If God exists, he's omnitient, meaning he knows everything. If he knows everything, then questioning him is pointless. He already knows the question and the answer and has acted on it. It's not a question of being 'smarter,' as some of the smartest people in the world are smart because they realize how much they don't know. However, if God exists, there's nothing he doesn't know, and saying he's wrong is like saying down is up.

I don't mean to question as to claim he's wrong, but to question so as to understand better.

The ClayTaurus said:
I don't mean to question as to claim he's wrong, but to question so as to understand better.

Ok, misread it, I guess. Well, everyone questions their beliefs. To do so is human. To not do so represents a lack of critical thinking only found in Hollywood.

However, God doesn't give direct answers. If you want to know 'why,' you have to either figure it out for yourself, though it may take you the rest of your life to find the answer, or simply be content in knowing that God knows why and that if he thinks you should know the answer, he'll make sure you figure it out.

As far as creating evil, God didn't create evil any more than he created darkness. Like darkness, evil is not the presence of something, it is the absence of something. God brought good into the world, but some people simply don't welcome good, creating a hollow gap with no good in it. This gap is evil.

Hobbit said:
As far as creating evil, God didn't create evil any more than he created darkness. Like darkness, evil is not the presence of something, it is the absence of something. God brought good into the world, but some people simply don't welcome good, creating a hollow gap with no good in it. This gap is evil.

So ANYONE who doesn't accept things the way YOU and the rest of Christianity think they are is automatically EVIL?

MissileMan said:
So ANYONE who doesn't accept things the way YOU and the rest of Christianity think they are is automatically EVIL?

I never said that. When you address what I say rather than a pretty wild stretch of it, I'll respond to your queries.

Hobbit said:
I never said that. When you address what I say rather than a pretty wild stretch of it, I'll respond to your queries.

If I didn't catch the essence of what you wrote, perhaps you might explain what you meant by people not welcoming the good that your Christian God brought into the world. Which people would these be?

MissileMan said:
If I didn't catch the essence of what you wrote, perhaps you might explain what you meant by people not welcoming the good that your Christian God brought into the world. Which people would these be?

The essence was not that being Christian good was the only good. The essence of the post is that God did not create evil because evil is not a thing unto itself, but is instead a lack of good.

Hobbit said:
The essence was not that being Christian good was the only good. The essence of the post is that God did not create evil because evil is not a thing unto itself, but is instead a lack of good.

But your claim was that your God created everything that is good. Doesn't this imply that anything good would have to be Christian?

Forum List

Back