Another one bites the dust: Trump announces he is not running for President

Trump was popular in the polls simply because he was the only person calling out Obama.

Of course the libs who obsess about any threat to Obama took this to mean the man would automatically become the GOP front runner.

And his show's kind of boring. You're fired.

Does the GOP have anyone with a message that'll get people to vote for them?

you mean after all those Polls saying how much repubs love the Donald, all that love from Fox News and the Right Wing Radio (or as it's known all of AM radio, weird how that works) you mean he's tanking? Repubs put their hopes into a ridiculous clown not realizing he was a ridiculous clown?

lol, only in the twilight zone of the liberal minds did the majority of Republicans take the "the Donald" serious, but hey, don't burst their bubble:eusa_whistle:

How about we focus on the people running rather than "what if so and so runs?"

Republican (insert name here) VS Obama will take 45% of the vote in the GE no matter who the fuck it is... Republicans need someone that get's people excited and that ain’t Mitt, Newt or Huck… Hence why you see them at the top of polls, that's who the Media wants in the hotseat..

The people actually running are Obama, and....Newt, and Fred Karger, Jimmy McMillan, Gary Johnson, and Andy Martin. These are the only people who are officially running for president.

Trump has more than a few things in his favor.

#1 - He is being thoroughly vetted earlier than any potential candidate in history except for Sarah Palin. He has been discussed and trashed and condemned and made fun of across the internet world, and should he announce, all that being repeated won't have near as much impact.

#2 - He is thoroughly un-PC and so far has not been reluctant to take on issues people are interested in but that other candidates consider 'too hot to handle'. For that reason I hope he runs even if he has little chance to snag the nomination. He will force those issues to the forefront and make them part of the debate. That alone would be worth its weight in gold. We might actually have an idea of what sort of person we are nominating.

#3 - He is a household word and however unpopular he may be--he says right out front that he isn't a 'nice' person and isn't afraid of not being 'nice'--if another front runner is less likable and as easily trashable, say a Newt Gingrich, that recognizable name may work in his favor.

#4 - He knows how to get things done.

So I'm not ready to count him down and out. If a 10-15 point swing in the polls on any given day is an indication, NOBODY is going to be electable.

Here is Trump's speech in New Hampshire yesterday. Less fiery than his CPAC speech that was great, but he says a lot of real stuff:

Proudly Wear a U.S. Navy SEALs Cap

Trump has more than a few things in his favor.

#1 - He is being thoroughly vetted earlier than any potential candidate in history except for Sarah Palin. He has been discussed and trashed and condemned and made fun of across the internet world, and should he announce, all that being repeated won't have near as much impact.

#2 - He is thoroughly un-PC and so far has not been reluctant to take on issues people are interested in but that other candidates consider 'too hot to handle'. For that reason I hope he runs even if he has little chance to snag the nomination. He will force those issues to the forefront and make them part of the debate. That alone would be worth its weight in gold. We might actually have an idea of what sort of person we are nominating.

#3 - He is a household word and however unpopular he may be--he says right out front that he isn't a 'nice' person and isn't afraid of not being 'nice'--if another front runner is less likable and as easily trashable, say a Newt Gingrich, that recognizable name may work in his favor.

#4 - He knows how to get things done.

So I'm not ready to count him down and out. If a 10-15 point swing in the polls on any given day is an indication, NOBODY is going to be electable.

Here is Trump's speech in New Hampshire yesterday. Less fiery than his CPAC speech that was great, but he says a lot of real stuff:

Proudly Wear a U.S. Navy SEALs Cap

Trump will not run..

He does not want to provide his tax return

Trump collapses
Donald Trump has had one of the quickest rises and falls in the history of Presidential politics. Last month we found him leading the Republican field with 26%. In the space of just four weeks he's dropped all the way down to 8%, putting him in a tie for fifth place with Ron Paul.
As Trump got more and more exposure over the last month Republicans didn't just decide they weren't interested in having him as their nominee- they also decided they flat don't like him. Only 34% of GOP voters now have a favorable opinion of Trump to 53% who view him in a negative light.

Trump really made hay out of the 'birther' issue and as the resonance of that has declined, so has his standing. In February we found that 51% of Republican primary voters thought Barack Obama was not born in the United States. Now with the release of his birth certificate only 34% of GOP partisans fall into that camp, and Trump's only in fifth place with that now smaller group of the electorate at 9%.

Public Policy Polling: Trump collapses

Well, I for one am glad that folks who support the GOP want nothing to do with fringe wackos. They are smart enough to realize the a circus side show many be entertaining but that's NOT what they want in their leadership.
That gives me at least some hope for the GOP.
And birthers/deathers, maybe you can find some way, way fringe party you can join that supports your wackiness. :cuckoo:

Does anyone really care? Did anyone with any common sense take his potential candidacy seriously? I guess the good thing is that now he won't even run and waste our time.

you mean after all those Polls saying how much repubs love the Donald, all that love from Fox News and the Right Wing Radio (or as it's known all of AM radio, weird how that works) you mean he's tanking? Repubs put their hopes into a ridiculous clown not realizing he was a ridiculous clown?

Yep...exactly!!

Trump also proved he is not a racist the other day. He said he is the least racist guy ever because a black guy won his show 6 years ago. I swear, he said this.

Rubes and clowns. They are running the republican party.

(Oh and see my sig). :)

Last edited:

lol, only in the twilight zone of the liberal minds did the majority of Republicans take the "the Donald" serious, but hey, don't burst their bubble:eusa_whistle:

From bad to worse, eh?

Does anyone think he was a good candidate? really?

Why are all your RWers suddenly acting as if NONE of you considered him seriously now?

Think back and recollect the number of RWers, on this very board who were saying things like "Trump is refreshing" "Trump has potential" "Trump is what we need!" etc., etc., etcetera.

Just like Bush you guys are quick to support them to the death...until they die.

Then its "I never knew da man!"

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same with you people.

*shrugs*

Name names. I can't name any RWingers who were hot for Trump. I know I wasn't.

Besides it is way too early yet. And we are entitled to be fickle now. And right now the Man is Herman Cain.

Name names. I can't name any RWingers who were hot for Trump. I know I wasn't.

Besides it is way too early yet. And we are entitled to be fickle now. And right now the Man is Herman Cain.

Sounds like more fun to me.

So who's your man tomorrow?

Forum List

Back