Mitt kicks off campaign defending RomneyCare

Wonky Pundit

USMB's Silent Snowden
Apr 30, 2011
Quisitive
Let's see how this plays with the primary voters.

"The idea behind Romney's speech is to address his healthcare plan before the campaign begins in earnest, and before Romney has participated in a single debate, according to a source.

Whereas Romney waited until just before the 2008 Iowa caucuses to deliver a major speech on his religion, which had been one of his biggest political problems in that campaign, Romney's advisers believe it behooves the former governor to tackle the healthcare issue earlier and more aggressively — and to lay out his own healthcare plan before any other Republican candidate has done so."

Source

Shame he is still defending it. But atleast it was a State plan and not a Federal plan. The states are supposed to experiment on these things. It's in their jurisdiction. The Federal Government doesn't say a thing about it.

Hmm. Saw him on tv the other day saying he didn't think the American people would go for the MA plan, and he seemed to be willing to go a different direction.

Sometimes the past has a good lesson for a person who is perceptive. Well, that was my take on his health care plan of some long time gone. I'd give him a pass under the circumstances. He was a Republican in a Kennedy Democrat state and was just trying to please his constituents in MA who are accustomed to those who rally for big gummint in spades. What would I know except that he responds to the people who honored him by putting a person of a different background in office to deal with deficits and probably a little out-of-control crime wave? OK, a pass with due respect. <giggle>

Last edited:
He should be focusing on the LESSONS he gained from it. His plan was a colossal failure. Defending it will only guarantee a loss as the right will not support him on that point and the left won&#8217;t vote for him to begin with.

"The idea behind Romney's speech is to address his healthcare plan before the campaign begins in earnest, and before Romney has participated in a single debate, according to a source.

Whereas Romney waited until just before the 2008 Iowa caucuses to deliver a major speech on his religion, which had been one of his biggest political problems in that campaign, Romney's advisers believe it behooves the former governor to tackle the healthcare issue earlier and more aggressively — and to lay out his own healthcare plan before any other Republican candidate has done so."

I watched some of the ‘speech.’ It was pretty painful - there was so much spinning and backpedaling it's a wonder he didn’t puke.

The ‘speech’ was a major fail, btw.

He'll never get past Romneycare.
Not to mention his dad was born in Mexico, where Mormons had gone to escape the US anti-polygamy laws.

Forum List

Back