Another Lie

pete

The food stamp president
Oct 31, 2008
A mistake my ass ...

The AP review found some counts were more than 10 times as high as the actual number of jobs; some jobs credited to the stimulus program were counted two and sometimes more than four times; and other jobs were credited to stimulus spending when none was produced.

For example:

_ A company working with the Federal Communications Commission reported that stimulus money paid for 4,231 jobs, when about 1,000 were produced.

_ A Georgia community college reported creating 280 jobs with recovery money, but none was created from stimulus spending.

_ A Florida child care center said its stimulus money saved 129 jobs but used the money on raises for existing employees.

The Associated Press: Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands

Rightwinger started a thread recently about stimulus money creating / saving 338,000 jobs.

In the link he posted, it was noted that the figure should be taken with a grain of salt.

large_scoop.jpg

I don't think a grain is quite gonna do it.

A mistake my ass ...

The AP review found some counts were more than 10 times as high as the actual number of jobs; some jobs credited to the stimulus program were counted two and sometimes more than four times; and other jobs were credited to stimulus spending when none was produced.

For example:

_ A company working with the Federal Communications Commission reported that stimulus money paid for 4,231 jobs, when about 1,000 were produced.

_ A Georgia community college reported creating 280 jobs with recovery money, but none was created from stimulus spending.

_ A Florida child care center said its stimulus money saved 129 jobs but used the money on raises for existing employees.

The Associated Press: Stimulus jobs overstated by thousands

To encourage people to say what you want them to say by bribing them with
free money generally gets predictable results: They will lie to get the money.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back