Obama Visits with Families of Fallen

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Obama flew to Dover Air Base (in a Blackhawk, so don't worry about the gas) to meet the bodies of the fallen from Afghanistan. He met with the families in the chapel and particpated in the ceremony aboard the plane of debarking the bodies.

Maybe getting a real feeling of what this war is about is what he needs to make a better decision about what we will do in this war.

Isolating yourself in the Whitehouse was a safe way for some Presidents never to have to deal with the real cost of war at the individual and personal level.

Now I will wait for the attacks on him for using this for political purposes.

I really despise politicians who use the bodies of our war dead for political gain.

If he really cares, he should make a fucking decision.

I really despise politicians who use the bodies of our war dead for political gain.

So you really despise Bush, Cheney and most of the RNC.:eusa_whistle:

When making a decision with this kind of impact, you don't just pull it out of your ass like the last guy did.

There are a lot of pros and cons on Afghanistan to consider. For Cheney and the right to bitch about Obama dithering after they fucked up this war by pulling out resources for Iraq and then not working on it until (In the Dick's own words) the fall of 2008 is so typical of these lying bastards who do use our dead for their political gain.

We are in the current batch of shit because the neo cons didn't consider the whole fucking problem in its complexity. A lot of them are a lot richer and a lot of real Americans are a lot deader.

When making a decision with this kind of impact, you don't just pull it out of your ass like the last guy did.

There are a lot of pros and cons on Afghanistan to consider. For Cheney and the right to bitch about Obama dithering after they fucked up this war by pulling out resources for Iraq and then not working on it until (In the Dick's own words) the fall of 2008 is so typical of these lying bastards who do use our dead for their political gain.

We are in the current batch of shit because the neo cons didn't consider the whole fucking problem in its complexity. A lot of them are a lot richer and a lot of real Americans are a lot deader.

Yes, I did disapprove when Bush did it.

I'm bipartisan in my dislike of this sort of thing. However, Obama is the POTUS and he is the one who is 'thinking' about his 'options' while our troops are in harms way. If he is not capable of being Commander In Chief, he should fuck off and let a competent POTUS step up to the plate.

That assumes there is anyone competent anywhere in our system. Personally, I think they're all fucking useless.

Obama flew to Dover Air Base (in a Blackhawk, so don't worry about the gas) to meet the bodies of the fallen from Afghanistan. He met with the families in the chapel and particpated in the ceremony aboard the plane of debarking the bodies.

Maybe getting a real feeling of what this war is about is what he needs to make a better decision about what we will do in this war.

Isolating yourself in the Whitehouse was a safe way for some Presidents never to have to deal with the real cost of war at the individual and personal level.

Hey, I hope it helps him decide whether to shit or get off the pot.

Yes, I did disapprove when Bush did it.

I'm bipartisan in my dislike of this sort of thing. However, Obama is the POTUS and he is the one who is 'thinking' about his 'options' while our troops are in harms way. If he is not capable of being Commander In Chief, he should fuck off and let a competent POTUS step up to the plate.

That assumes there is anyone competent anywhere in our system. Personally, I think they're all fucking useless.

No one to trust but me and thee, and we're not so sure of thee!

If the President pulls out of Afghanistan, you will disaprove. If he stays in Afghanistan, you will disaprove. So your opinion is really irrelevant.

I hope that he makes a decision that ten years from now will be seen as the correct one.

Hey idiot, this is now Obama's war. The blame Bush bullshit is getting old. All the woulda, shoulda, coulda's won't change where we are now. So Obama needs to make a decision to either win this war, which would take unleashing all our military might or more simply put let the soldiers do their fucking jobs, or get the hell out of Afghanistan altogether.

Pull your head out of your partisan ass!!

Yes, the war is Obama's responsibility now. At least the continuing conduct of it is. People hiding behind the previous administration is a bit weak, but of course the GOPers did it as well when Bush first came into power.

As for Obama visiting families or going to the airport where bodies of fallen soldiers are returning....if he goes he'll be criticized as using the fallen service men and women for a photo op. If he doesn't go he'll be criticized for not caring about them. He may as well just follow his own conscience. Obama can be criticized on a number of grounds, but I haven't seen any evidence that he isn't sincere in his feelings for these men and women and their families, or in his recognition of his duties as Commander in Chief when it comes to them.

I do hope they spit in his face. i would. matter a fact i'd venture a swing with brass knuckles !!!!

Yes, the war is Obama's responsibility now. At least the continuing conduct of it is. People hiding behind the previous administration is a bit weak, but of course the GOPers did it as well when Bush first came into power.

As for Obama visiting families or going to the airport where bodies of fallen soldiers are returning....if he goes he'll be criticized as using the fallen service men and women for a photo op. If he doesn't go he'll be criticized for not caring about them. He may as well just follow his own conscience. Obama can be criticized on a number of grounds, but I haven't seen any evidence that he isn't sincere in his feelings for these men and women and their families, or in his recognition of his duties as Commander in Chief when it comes to them.

Some politicians manage to visit our servicemen without the world knowing about it. If Obama wants to visit them, maybe it would be more respectful if he didn't turn it into a PR stunt.

how long have been on crutch's ????

Obama is waiting until after the Novemeber elections to make a decision so as not to jeapordize democrats chances of winning said elections. If that doesn't show how he feels about our soldiers, I don't know what does. If he truly cared about their well being , he would have made a decision by now. It' been over two months since McCrystal asked for additional troops, but apparently Obama is too busy playing golf, going on talk shows and campaigning.

Obama is waiting until after the Novemeber elections to make a decision so as not to jeapordize democrats chances of winning said elections. If that doesn't show how he feels about our soldiers, I don't know what does. If he truly cared about their well being , he would have made a decision by now. It' been over two months since McCrystal asked for additional troops, but apparently Obama is too busy playing golf, going on talk shows and campaigning.

Assuming this is true, I would agree. But I haven't seen any evidence that he is waiting for elections. I think you would need more than the mere fact he hasn't decided yet to demonstrate that this is WHY he hasn't made a decision.

Assuming this is true, I would agree. But I haven't seen any evidence that he is waiting for elections. I think you would need more than the mere fact he hasn't decided yet to demonstrate that this is WHY he hasn't made a decision.

Obviously it's speculation on my part, but I see no other reason for his delay. Common sense needs to come into play at some point, his Generals are telling him this is what we need to win this war, who would know best how to fight and win a war? Obama? Hell he's nothing but a community organizer, he has never held any type of executive job, he knows nothing about military strategy and nothing about running a country, and it shows. I have never seen a more thin skinned individual than Obama, he makes school yard sissies look tough.

Obviously it's speculation on my part, but I see no other reason for his delay. Common sense needs to come into play at some point, his Generals are telling him this is what we need to win this war, who would know best how to fight and win a war? Obama? Hell he's nothing but a community organizer, he has never held any type of executive job, he knows nothing about military strategy and nothing about running a country, and it shows. I have never seen a more thin skinned individual than Obama, he makes school yard sissies look tough.

I think it's certainly a possibility.

I also wonder if his own personal and political beliefs aren't the cause for the delay. He's had time to think about it, and I think just based on his own beliefs he chaffes at the idea of sending more troops over, and he's got political considerations as well.

If he's wrestling with conscience, then I can understand it. If he's trying to work out political angles because of support from those who oppose the war, etc. then that's not really any better than waiting for elections.

I do agree that he should just listen to the people he appointed to judge these matters.

Forum List

Back