Obama Visits with Families of Fallen

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rayboyusmc, Oct 29, 2009.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Obama flew to Dover Air Base (in a Blackhawk, so don't worry about the gas) to meet the bodies of the fallen from Afghanistan. He met with the families in the chapel and particpated in the ceremony aboard the plane of debarking the bodies.

Maybe getting a real feeling of what this war is about is what he needs to make a better decision about what we will do in this war.

Isolating yourself in the Whitehouse was a safe way for some Presidents never to have to deal with the real cost of war at the individual and personal level.

Now I will wait for the attacks on him for using this for political purposes.

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I really despise politicians who use the bodies of our war dead for political gain.

If he really cares, he should make a fucking decision.

3. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    So you really despise Bush, Cheney and most of the RNC.:eusa_whistle:

When making a decision with this kind of impact, you don't just pull it out of your ass like the last guy did.

There are a lot of pros and cons on Afghanistan to consider. For Cheney and the right to bitch about Obama dithering after they fucked up this war by pulling out resources for Iraq and then not working on it until (In the Dick's own words) the fall of 2008 is so typical of these lying bastards who do use our dead for their political gain.

We are in the current batch of shit because the neo cons didn't consider the whole fucking problem in its complexity. A lot of them are a lot richer and a lot of real Americans are a lot deader.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
  4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yes, I did disapprove when Bush did it.

I'm bipartisan in my dislike of this sort of thing. However, Obama is the POTUS and he is the one who is 'thinking' about his 'options' while our troops are in harms way. If he is not capable of being Commander In Chief, he should fuck off and let a competent POTUS step up to the plate.

That assumes there is anyone competent anywhere in our system. Personally, I think they're all fucking useless.

5. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,082
    Hey, I hope it helps him decide whether to shit or get off the pot.

6. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,312
    No one to trust but me and thee, and we're not so sure of thee!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,312
    If the President pulls out of Afghanistan, you will disaprove. If he stays in Afghanistan, you will disaprove. So your opinion is really irrelevant.

I hope that he makes a decision that ten years from now will be seen as the correct one.

8. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Hey idiot, this is now Obama's war. The blame Bush bullshit is getting old. All the woulda, shoulda, coulda's won't change where we are now. So Obama needs to make a decision to either win this war, which would take unleashing all our military might or more simply put let the soldiers do their fucking jobs, or get the hell out of Afghanistan altogether.

Pull your head out of your partisan ass!!

9. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,312
    And no matter what his decision is, you will damn it mightily. You and your kind are pretty damned transparent.

10. Steerpike

Steerpike VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Yes, the war is Obama's responsibility now. At least the continuing conduct of it is. People hiding behind the previous administration is a bit weak, but of course the GOPers did it as well when Bush first came into power.

As for Obama visiting families or going to the airport where bodies of fallen soldiers are returning....if he goes he'll be criticized as using the fallen service men and women for a photo op. If he doesn't go he'll be criticized for not caring about them. He may as well just follow his own conscience. Obama can be criticized on a number of grounds, but I haven't seen any evidence that he isn't sincere in his feelings for these men and women and their families, or in his recognition of his duties as Commander in Chief when it comes to them.