Another idiot politician doesn't know how old the Earth is.

Amazing. A whole thread of people discussing the age of something that no one could possibly know. It was here before you got here and will be here after you're gone. So free yourselves and join me in not giving a shit lol.

Last edited:
Incorrect.

Obama unequivocally states he believes in evolution, a theory that requires the Earth to be billions of years old.

Evolution requires no such thing. We know exactly nada about the driving forces behind evolution. The fossil record clearly shows that evolution works in spurts, and that the cone of diversity, which is the theory you think applies here, is bunk. What actually happened is dissemination and diversification, a model that requires a lot less time to propagate to the various species we have today. That is why life is found in the fossil record all over the Earth within one billion years after current theory puts the age of the Earth. These findings actually forced scientists to rethink both abiogenesis and evolution. They are still trying to figure out how life spread as quickly as it demonstrably did.

I suggest you educate yourself before you try talking about science with this particular religious nut. A good place to start is here.

TalkOrigins Archive: Exploring the Creation/Evolution Controversy

You contradict yourself.

The theory of evolution most certainly requires an Earth that is billions of years old.

Timeline of evolutionary history of life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When are people going to learn that Wikipedia is not a source? Is everyone who thinks they are smarter than me because they don't believe in God really as stupid as you?

Just to correct your idiotic misconceptions here, that timeline is a description of we believe happened in the unique case of the Earth, not what is necessary under every possible circumstance. There is no evidence anywhere to support the supposition that it actually takes billions of years for life to evolve. In fact, no scientist I know of actually believes it takes that long. The theory is that it took that long for conditions on Earth to change to the point that life was possible, not that it took that long for life to spontaneously evolve.

No, it was the same question, look at the video.

I didn't split the video up, CNN did, therefore I did not neglect to include the full answer.

Yes you did. The clip you posted clearly ends with Obama speaking before he is done talking. There was obviously more to his answer, and your clip is clearly labeled as part 2 of 5.

And like ilia said, it was not two questions. His answer continues into the next clip. One question.

I did not split the video, idiot. It is clearly labeled as part of a series, and was split by whoever posted it. For all I know, that was you.

Evolution requires no such thing. We know exactly nada about the driving forces behind evolution. The fossil record clearly shows that evolution works in spurts, and that the cone of diversity, which is the theory you think applies here, is bunk. What actually happened is dissemination and diversification, a model that requires a lot less time to propagate to the various species we have today. That is why life is found in the fossil record all over the Earth within one billion years after current theory puts the age of the Earth. These findings actually forced scientists to rethink both abiogenesis and evolution. They are still trying to figure out how life spread as quickly as it demonstrably did.

I suggest you educate yourself before you try talking about science with this particular religious nut. A good place to start is here.

TalkOrigins Archive: Exploring the Creation/Evolution Controversy

You contradict yourself.

The theory of evolution most certainly requires an Earth that is billions of years old.

When are people going to learn that Wikipedia is not a source? Is everyone who thinks they are smarter than me because they don't believe in God really as stupid as you?

Just to correct your idiotic misconceptions here, that timeline is a description of we believe happened in the unique case of the Earth, not what is necessary under every possible circumstance. There is no evidence anywhere to support the supposition that it actually takes billions of years for life to evolve. In fact, no scientist I know of actually believes it takes that long. The theory is that it took that long for conditions on Earth to change to the point that life was possible, not that it took that long for life to spontaneously evolve.

There is a lot more evidence in the world that the Big Bang happened, than there is of there being a god....

I didn't split the video up, CNN did, therefore I did not neglect to include the full answer.

Yes you did. The clip you posted clearly ends with Obama speaking before he is done talking. There was obviously more to his answer, and your clip is clearly labeled as part 2 of 5.

And like ilia said, it was not two questions. His answer continues into the next clip. One question.

I did not split the video, idiot. It is clearly labeled as part of a series, and was split by whoever posted it. For all I know, that was you.

That was not his point. And you know it.

You contradict yourself.

There is a lot more evidence in the world that the Big Bang happened, than there is of there being a god....

Then explain exactly what was the cause whch triggered the big bang out of an otherwise stable nothingness?

Then explain exactly what was the cause whch triggered the big bang out of an otherwise stable nothingness?
Energy is not nothing and a singularity is not stable.

Energy is not nothing and a singularity is not stable.

I think you forgot something,...............................the trigger. If every action has an equal and opposite reaction, there had to be a substantial trigger.

Please explain how a god came into being out of nothingness....

But.....but....but he is an expert on Global Warming.

His Secretary of Energy (Chu) wants to paint highways WHITE to lower the heat on the planet.

Oh, but don't make Obamination do math either.

Last edited:
I think you forgot something,...............................the trigger. If every action has an equal and opposite reaction, there had to be a substantial trigger.
Gravity

Can you expand on that just a tad, gravity would cause a singular mass to hold itself together, not break it apart.

but it reaches a critical mass, can't hold it, and it explodes.

That aside, back in the day nobody knew what caused earthquakes, lighteing, grass to grow, humans to grow, diseases - I could go on. Science has managed to explain a lot of these things (and more to come). What has any god ever explained?

You contradict yourself.

Not if you believe in quantum physics.

please expand....

please expand....

Quantum theory suggest that reality only exists when it is observed. They have even done experiments that prove that watching something produces different results than occur when not watching it. If reality is dependent on observation there has to be something that existed before reality came into being.

-000.jpg

No... you're a PUSSY.

oh look another windbag thread where he fails with trying to make a connection of things being equal.

shut up welcher

Can you expand on that just a tad, gravity would cause a singular mass to hold itself together, not break it apart.

but it reaches a critical mass, can't hold it, and it explodes.

That aside, back in the day nobody knew what caused earthquakes, lighteing, grass to grow, humans to grow, diseases - I could go on. Science has managed to explain a lot of these things (and more to come). What has any god ever explained?

Oh, I don't know, how about mans self awareness, conscious thought, ability to problem solve, invent machines to perform task. Evolution can't explain why only one species evolved with these abilities. Yes there are a few species that can use crude tools but no where close to man.

please expand....

Quantum theory suggest that reality only exists when it is observed. They have even done experiments that prove that watching something produces different results than occur when not watching it. If reality is dependent on observation there has to be something that existed before reality came into being.

So your saying when the hurricane blew my trees down it would have been different if I had been watching? Why do I seriously doubt that?

please expand....

So your saying when the hurricane blew my trees down it would have been different if I had been watching? Why do I seriously doubt that?

No, it would have been different if the entire universe hadn't paid attention at the same time.

Forum List

Back