Another idiot politician doesn't know how old the Earth is.

Anybody who thinks they can say exactly how old the earth is, is an idiot. They can only estimate and no one can prove how accurate those estimates are.

Ever hear of isotopes?

Ever hear of estimates, that's all isotopes are good for, then it's only good for the material you're testing. They don't tell you how or when that material was formed into what we call the earth. Since no one was around to witness and document that formation all you can have is an estimate.

On the best of days I'm trying how to figure how to grow a garden without GMO's Do you know how crazy this is?

Let get to basics,

Strangely enough, I am willing to bet everyone who condemned Rubio will think this guy is a genius.

(2/5) Sen. Barack Obama at CNN Compassion Forum - YouTube

Slate has a nice story about the answers.

Rubio and Obama and the age of Earth: Politicians hedge about whether universe was created. - Slate Magazine

What is your point? This guy is trying to reconcile his mystical beliefs. No where does he say the universe was made in 6-24 hour days.

Oh wait, I get it. You don't recognize a "thoughtful" person. I "thought" so.

Strangely enough, I am willing to bet everyone who condemned Rubio will think this guy is a genius.

Rubio and Obama and the age of Earth: Politicians hedge about whether universe was created. - Slate Magazine

The difference in their answers is in the way they are shaped. In the case of Rubio, he believes that that the earth and man was created in six days and that God rested on the seventh. He allows for the possibility that there is another version, therefore he says he doesn't know the mystery for certain.

In the case of Obama, it is clear that he does not believe that the earth and man were created in seven days as stated in the Bible, but that those seven days are a reference to a different time frame that is much larger, but he does allow for the possibility that it was actually in seven actual days as stated in the Bible. He leaves the door open to that but that is not his belief.

We don't know as much as we think we know, but we certainly are capable of coming to reasonable conclusions based on scientific evidence. I will leave it at that.

Later Obama goes on to say that he believes in evolution and that science is not incompatible with Christianity.

And I'm pretty sure that by science he meant Earth geology as well.

All I will say is has anyone actually read the bible?

Do you know what it says? Just curious considering every one bashes it?

I have read the Bible multiple times. But then I don't bash it either. I prefer to seek out wisdom through study and faith than be foolish and presume I know more or better simply because i live now.

What is your point? This guy is trying to reconcile his mystical beliefs. No where does he say the universe was made in 6-24 hour days.

Oh wait, I get it. You don't recognize a "thoughtful" person. I "thought" so.

Neither does Rubio, yet you jumped all over him for saying it.

oh look another windbag thread where he fails with trying to make a connection of things being equal.

Obama contradicts himself. He first says he doesn't presume to know if the Bible story is exactly true, but later says 'I do believe in evolution.'

You can't believe in evolution without accepting the scientific estimate of the Earth's age.

-000.jpg

No... you're a PUSSY.

oh look another windbag thread where he fails with trying to make a connection of things being equal.

Just watched this video. Obama was not asked how old the earth is. He was asked if the world was created in six days. He went in to say he did believe God created the universe and that there are those who read the bible literally and others metaphorically.

Exactly. And the question was asked as if his children asked the question, which changes the matter somewhat. I remember listening to my granddaughter tell a little girl in Petsmart that her dead fish was up in heaven. How do you talk to children. Even religions today admit the Bible is only a bunch of stories. I have no trouble with Rubio's answer, it's his ideas I question.

Marco Rubio: Actual Age Of Earth Is 'One Of The Great Mysteries'

Slate isn't exactly a rightwing rag and they certainly do not give Rubio a pass, nor Obama as most on this board are trying to do. The truth is that Obama can say just about anything he wants about religion and the left knows he is just playing to those who really do have religion. They know, as witnessed here, he really doesn't believe it he is just doing EXACTLY what they accuse Rubio of doing, or worse.

From the SLATE article:

1) Both senators refuse to give an honest answer to the question. Neither deigns to mention that the Earth is 4.54 billion years old.

2) They both go so far as to disqualify themselves from even pronouncing an opinion. I'm not a scientist, says Rubio. I don’t presume to know, says Obama.

3) That's because they both agree that the question is a tough one, and subject to vigorous debate. I think there are multiple theories out there on how this universe was created, says Rubio. I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part, says Obama.

4) Finally they both profess confusion over whether the Bible should be taken literally. Maybe the "days" in Genesis were actual eras, says Rubio. They might not have been standard 24-hour days, says Obama.

Go for it.

Cause I don't see your problem with this.

And aside from that..I basically don't want someone using their religious beliefs as a factor in policy. Those should be personal.

I'm sure as hell going to base my Presidential vote in 2016 on the candidate that can best answer when the Earth was born. That candidate no doubt will be able to lower the debt and get the economy going!

What do Republicans have left at this point? They've convinced themselves that Rubio is one of few bright spots on the horizon. They can't let him Perry himself three years before the next campaign even kicks off.

This is part of the democrat's preemptive action of personal destruction based on just in case. Does it matter that Rubio thinks that the age of the earth is a mystery? Can that affect economic policy one way or the other? Or, is the left using that answer to suggest that Rubio might be a despised Christian and therefore unfit to hold office? He didn't come out and say the earth was only 6,000 years old, but he MIGHT, just might believe it. Now, it's more than a despised Christian and unfit to hold office, he's also a hypocrite and unfit to hold office since he won't come out and admit he believes the earth is only 6,000 years old.

The left defines the answer to achieve its goal no matter what the answer is.

This is part of the democrat's preemptive action of personal destruction based on just in case. Does it matter that Rubio thinks that the age of the earth is a mystery? Can that affect economic policy one way or the other? Or, is the left using that answer to suggest that Rubio might be a despised Christian and therefore unfit to hold office? He didn't come out and say the earth was only 6,000 years old, but he MIGHT, just might believe it. Now, it's more than a despised Christian and unfit to hold office, he's also a hypocrite and unfit to hold office since he won't come out and admit he believes the earth is only 6,000 years old.

A quote that should have given pause was when Obama made fun of special Olympians. Now that has some bearing on people. Rubio, or Obama, not know exactly the age of the Earth effects NO ONE or NOTHING.

A quote that should have given pause was when Obama made fun of special Olympians. Now that has some bearing on people. Rubio, or Obama, not know exactly the age of the Earth effects NO ONE or NOTHING.

Ask a random 1,000 people on the street how old the earth is. Would you get more than a nervous giggle and nonsense? Some kid made a video condemning Rubio, and that kid thought the earth was 13 billion years old. Why not go all the way, ask politicians what the value of PI is?

Forum List

Back