Another Huge Cost Overrun and 4 Year Delay for Jerry Browns Train to Nowhere

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Oh sweet Saint of San Andres, hear my prayer.

The price of the California bullet train project jumped sharply Friday when the state rail authority announced that the cost of connecting Los Angeles to San Francisco would be $77.3 billion and could rise as high as $98.1 billion — an uptick of at least $13 billion from estimates two years ago.

The rail authority also said the earliest trains could operate on a partial system between San Francisco and Bakersfield would be 2029 — four years later than the previous projection. The full system would not begin operating until 2033.

Cost for California bullet train system rises to $77.3 billion

Not a single foot of track has ever been laid. But the administrative costs are still being paid.

This is the Emperor's New Crazy Train writ large.

I live in Florida. There is a good friend of mine who fought against our proposed "high-speed train" for YEARS. The Fed. was going to "give" Florida $3 or $4 Billion to help pay for it. Our governor, Rick Scott, wisely turned down the money and the train. The only one feasible in our country has already been built and is the Acela route in the New York, Washington corridor. The corridor where the train runs have a population of over 40 MILLION people. No other area of the country has such a customer base.

Forum List

Back