AnnECUCherry

good lord, why do you guys call yourselves refugees? do you even know what the term means? so if you were in a social group in HS....and you got "banned" or something...did you go to a new social group and call yourself a refugee of the former social group?

refugees...LOL....no one forces YOU to log onto that site, you are not escaping persecution or danger....

I am another refugee from the AOL Board. I am still trying to learn the ropes around here. I may need a little help along the way. I see Annie, Tony, Gezz and Gib are here.

You're here, Pagan! Great!

Oh by the way the whole Housemann thing goes back to 2 boards. Nothing would make me happier if it was just dropped. Well maybe chocolate would.

See "Annie" on that one AOL board still up! She even has recipes.

You guys have a spell check how lovely.

Yep!

good lord, why do you guys call yourselves refugees? do you even know what the term means? so if you were in a social group in HS....and you got "banned" or something...did you go to a new social group and call yourself a refugee of the former social group?

refugees...LOL....no one forces YOU to log onto that site, you are not escaping persecution or danger....

We call ourselves refugees because they closed the boards out from underneath us. So we are without a posting home so to speak. :(

Semantics...OK, "evictees" then...we have been cast out...:eusa_boohoo:

Semantics...OK, "evictees" then...we have been cast out...:eusa_boohoo:

:lol:

i like that and makes more sense

Well, we were cast adrift against our will.

And although you are correct that "refugee" usually refers to a person fleeing to escape persecution or danger, it can also mean "a person outside of his or her country of nationality who is unable or unwilling to return."

And we can't return to AOL ...

... unless we're willing to try discussing politics on a sports or auto enthusiasts board.

Wonder how long we'd be permitted to do that?!

Maybe we should call ourselves immigrants?

At least we're legal!

And although you are correct that "refugee" usually refers to a person fleeing to escape persecution or danger, it can also mean "a person outside of his or her country of nationality who is unable or unwilling to return."

... unless we're willing to try discussing politics on a sports or auto enthusiasts board.

At least we're legal!

could you speak up, i couldn't quite hear you....

At least we're legal!

Point taken. And thanks. I'm still fumbling around here and I appreciate all the help I get.

At least we're legal!

Point taken. And thanks. I'm still fumbling around here and I appreciate all the help I get.

no worries, this is a great site, you seem like a cool poster.

word of advice....fear xotoxi's initiation ritual :lol:

no worries, this is a great site, you seem like a cool poster.

word of advice....fear xotoxi's initiation ritual :lol:

'Sokay. I just got back from the store. I stocked up on AVG, B12, penicillin, Thunderbird, and Twinkies. I'm ready for anything!

Forum List

Back