Andrea Mitchell says affirmative action does NOT harm whites!!!!!

There was no "percieved white privilege" during the era that I am referring to..... it was a FACT.

Are you a guillible, blindly obedient fool who believes that just because a "policy" is signed into effect that it is immediately complied with 100% by all?

If so, you are ignorantly misinformed.

Unless there was an official program in place at that time where only whites benefitting, it was perceived.

Are you joking? Prior to 1965, it was common practice based on Jim Crow laws that most minorities were only hired in most corporations to sweep floors and serve coffee.

Even with a college degree. And even after AA was introduced thete was not an overnight change.

It's been 55 years since AA was introduced and the same arguments in support of it exist today as when it was first introduced.

From the time I was in first grade, I attended schools with all races/ethnicities. We sat in the same classes, used the same books, had the same teachers, used the same desks, received the same lessons, etc. To hear people my age today say they didn't have the same opportunities as I did is bullshit.

Because the same things exist. Yeah people your age can say they don't have the same opportunities as you and be right. You went to schools with all races, which means you could have had one black in your class. You do not know the attitudes of the teachers towards the, Then after everyone left school you don't now what opportunities were denied.

More excuses. It's all you have. Those good at making them are rarely good for anything else. In other words, you're good for nothing.

If, as you imply, the attitudes toward blacks by white teachers could have been bad, do you agree that the attitudes toward whites by black teachers could have been bad?

Once they left school, personal problems are their problems not for the white people to make up for.

No I don't agree. If white racism did not exist, I would agree.

We are not talking about the personal problems of blacks, White racism was the personal problem of whites and that problem denied opportunities to blacks. That is for whites to make up for. You are just another white person with a disconnect from reality.

The part you're not getting is WHY they apply from "unequal" status.

If an Alaskan Inuit Indian went to a wise man in the Yukon for tutoring and got "fairly decent" grades and a "good" SAT score and was otherwise qualified to attend the college --- SHOULD THAT DISADVANTAGE of previous opportunity be taked into account?? Need an answer here....

It's not about remedying INHERENT inequality because of race. It's about remedying ACTUAL inequity in the opportunities that the govt and society that they had to SURPASS to get to the college application..

It's about using race to benefit a group whose entire argument in support of such programs is about how using race is those situations is wrong. If one is going to argue using race was wrong when it denied, arguing that using race because it helps you doesn't make it OK.

This is a dumb statement that denies exactly why this policy was made. It was made to provide equal opportunity. Now the only reason why anyone white argues against this is they believe that 100 percent white is equal opportunity.

A black can't use affirmative action to get shit. We can't just go up to a school and apply for affirmative action. Maybe you whites need to learn how things really are instead of listening to a bunch of idiot college dropout white radio talk show hosts.

By using unequal considerations?

I didn't say they "used" it. I said they benefited from it. By simply putting their race on the application, they've done all they have to do. As usual, they get something for nothing and think they actually earned it.

Like whites have done for 241 years.

I wish you would have told me that before I put forth all the effort studying and working hard to get where I am today. According to you, all I would have had to done is put "I'm white" on my application.

But that's what you did. And it's why you got what you have.

Unless there was an official program in place at that time where only whites benefitting, it was perceived.

Are you joking? Prior to 1965, it was common practice based on Jim Crow laws that most minorities were only hired in most corporations to sweep floors and serve coffee.

Even with a college degree. And even after AA was introduced thete was not an overnight change.

It's been 55 years since AA was introduced and the same arguments in support of it exist today as when it was first introduced.

From the time I was in first grade, I attended schools with all races/ethnicities. We sat in the same classes, used the same books, had the same teachers, used the same desks, received the same lessons, etc. To hear people my age today say they didn't have the same opportunities as I did is bullshit.

Because the same things exist. Yeah people your age can say they don't have the same opportunities as you and be right. You went to schools with all races, which means you could have had one black in your class. You do not know the attitudes of the teachers towards the, Then after everyone left school you don't now what opportunities were denied.

More excuses. It's all you have. Those good at making them are rarely good for anything else. In other words, you're good for nothing.

If, as you imply, the attitudes toward blacks by white teachers could have been bad, do you agree that the attitudes toward whites by black teachers could have been bad?

Once they left school, personal problems are their problems not for the white people to make up for.

We are not talking about the personal problems of blacks, White racism was the personal problem of whites and that problem denied opportunities to blacks. That is for whites to make up for. You are just another white person with a disconnect from reality.

I'm another white person you expect to make up for the past despite not having done any of the things for which you expect me to make up for. Yours is the same old argument of those that didn't own slaves be punished for the sake of those that never were slaves. If you want white people to make up for blacks being slaves, talk to the whites in the Democrat party. They enslave you now. The sad part is you accept it.

There was no "percieved white privilege" during the era that I am referring to..... it was a FACT.

Are you a guillible, blindly obedient fool who believes that just because a "policy" is signed into effect that it is immediately complied with 100% by all?

If so, you are ignorantly misinformed.

.What the fuck do you think segregation was idiot? It was nation wide and the policies and laws only benefited whites.

Separation.. How was there a benefit for one group and not the other. We had Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) for separate but EQUAL.
And Brown v. Board of Ed proved that that was a lie.

Separate but equal wasn't a lie. The blacks simply didn't like it.

Actually the supreme court said it was not so and they made that on the basis of using a school that had similar facilities to white schools. My family new one of the lawyers on the case. And as he explained it o us, they picked the school in Topeka when they could have used black schools with far worse facilities. But they wanted to show that separate but equal was a lie.

It's about using race to benefit a group whose entire argument in support of such programs is about how using race is those situations is wrong. If one is going to argue using race was wrong when it denied, arguing that using race because it helps you doesn't make it OK.

This is a dumb statement that denies exactly why this policy was made. It was made to provide equal opportunity. Now the only reason why anyone white argues against this is they believe that 100 percent white is equal opportunity.

A black can't use affirmative action to get shit. We can't just go up to a school and apply for affirmative action. Maybe you whites need to learn how things really are instead of listening to a bunch of idiot college dropout white radio talk show hosts.

By using unequal considerations?

I didn't say they "used" it. I said they benefited from it. By simply putting their race on the application, they've done all they have to do. As usual, they get something for nothing and think they actually earned it.

Like whites have done for 241 years.

I wish you would have told me that before I put forth all the effort studying and working hard to get where I am today. According to you, all I would have had to done is put "I'm white" on my application.

But that's what you did. And it's why you got what you have.

Only to a stupid fucking ****** like you would believe it's all I did.

.What the fuck do you think segregation was idiot? It was nation wide and the policies and laws only benefited whites.

Separation.. How was there a benefit for one group and not the other. We had Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) for separate but EQUAL.

Actually the supreme court said it was not so and they made that on the basis of using a school that had similar facilities to white schools. My family new one of the lawyers on the case. And as he explained it o us, they picked the school in Topeka when they could have used black schools with far worse facilities. But they wanted to show that separate but equal was a lie.

Sure he did.

The average Nigerian immigrant to the U.S had close to 15 years of education on arrival.

There is no way to verify that, you fool. Of course the tarbabies SAY they are highly educated. We need to insist they take a test like the ACT or SAT and see how well they do on that. THINK

Uh, I clearly posted a source.

I didn't call Blacks intelligent either, but merely pointed out that the Nigerian elite which is a fraction of Nigeria was disproportionately responsible for the high number of years of education completed in Nigerian Americans.
So what.? ASIANS have been sending their best and brightest too. So where was your proportional argument then?
You just hate Blacks to the extent that you will never accept any positive achievements they make. And you are not alone. Hundreds of racist authors have responded with frivolous rebuttals
and pseudo scientific reasoning to explain away their worst nightmare: the unveiling of superintelligent Africans.
But even in the segregated history of this nation many Black American achievements should have predicted the hidden human talent that would one day rise from the dark continent. The Tuskeegee airmen....Vivian Thomas...
Ben Carson...George Washington Carver..and other. Black contributors to this great nation, in effect, prophesied the present phenomenon.

The larger significance, though, is that Black Africans have elevated themselves beyond the stereotypical view relegating the lot of them to universal mental inferiority. These modern day high achlevers have all but validated the argument that their ancestors or people like them kick started civilization in ancient KMT which fell as did the later Greco-Roman Empire which supplanted them.
Asian Americans are actually dumber than the elite in Asia.

Asians who come here merely had the money to do so, while Asians who are recognized as the intellectual elite in Asian countries actually had to prove that they are just that, multiple times.
Rote Is Rot

Being able to memorize Confucius is what stupid people think is an intellectual achievement.
I was talking about the numerous tests with strict requirements that the future Chinese intellectual has to excel at.

Smart Asians in Asia don't even have the dumbest of their society to run over(like Asian Americans can run over 1st generation Hispanics and inner city blacks)because most dumb Asians aren't even allowed schooling.

I'm another white person you expect to make up for the past despite not having done any of the things for which you expect me to make up for. Yours is the same old argument of those that didn't own slaves be punished for the sake of those that never were slaves. If you want white people to make up for blacks being slaves, talk to the whites in the Democrat party. They enslave you now. The sad part is you accept it.

You have done those things. You post up nothing but racist crap and you actually think you can tell me that you do not practice racism in your real life. Stop lying. If I really wanted to return to slavery, I'd join the republican party. This is not just about slavery dumb ass. Years happened after slavery. 100 of them. Now shut up trying those lies with me.

You have done those things. You post up nothing but racist crap and you actually think you can tell me that you do not practice racism in your real life. Stop lying. If I really wanted to return to slavery, I'd join the republican party. This is not just about slavery dumb ass. Years happened after slavery. 100 of them. Now shut up trying those lies with me.

If you're a Democrat, why would you leave. You're already a slave to them.

Making demands I do things? When you're man enough to back up that demand, step up to the plate, BOY. Until then, get to shining shoes and picking cotton like you were bred to do.

Sure he did.

Charles Scott was his name. I was .born in Topeka in 1961. My father was a pastor at Truevine Baptist Church. Scott was a member.

TOPEKA, Kan., March 5— Charles S. Scott Sr., an attorney who helped integrate public schools nationwide by bringing suit in the landmark Brown versus Topeka Board of Education case, died Friday. He was 67.

In 1951, Mr. Scott, his brother John and Charles Bledsoe sued the Topeka Board of Education in Federal District Court on behalf of Linda Brown, a black elementary school student.

Charles Scott Sr., 67, Civil Rights Attorney

Now learn to shut that racist drivel up when you are told something..

Making demands I do things? When you're man enough to back up that demand, step up to the plate, BOY. Until then, get to shining shoes and picking cotton like you were bred to do.

Yep. I'm making demands and there ain't much you can do about it.

Sure he did.

Charles Scott was his name. I was .born in Topeka in 1961. My father was a pastor at Truevine Baptist Church. Scott was a member.

TOPEKA, Kan., March 5— Charles S. Scott Sr., an attorney who helped integrate public schools nationwide by bringing suit in the landmark Brown versus Topeka Board of Education case, died Friday. He was 67.

In 1951, Mr. Scott, his brother John and Charles Bledsoe sued the Topeka Board of Education in Federal District Court on behalf of Linda Brown, a black elementary school student.

You can tell me all you want. Until you can prove what you say, it's nothing but drivel from another monkey boy.

Unless your man enough and stupid enough to try and back them up, I don't need to. They're meaningless words from a meaningless POS. Run along, BOY, and shine some shoes.

This is the first I've heard of that. You might be right. But rather than engage
you with my personal opinion alone, I will be diplomatic and insert links that best support my premise. That way you and I can remain friends.:lol:

Here is a rebuttal to your claim that there are more black businesses now than during segregation. I will stand in for the author as you defend your claim.
How integration led to the decline of black-owned businesses | Barney Blakeney | Charleston City Paper

"Before integration, black-owned businesses flourished, the guy said. In the past, Morris Street in downtown Charleston, along with Spring and Cannon streets, was a vibrant center of activity for black business. Those businesses flourished because blacks were unwelcome in many white-owned businesses.

A classic example of how integration caused the demise of many black-owned businesses is the former Dee Dex Snack Bar. During the late 1960s and 1970s, integration opened the doors of fast food restaurants like Piggy Park on Rutledge Avenue and the Patio on Spring Street. Until then, Dee Dex Snack Bar had been the premier fast food restaurant for blacks downtown.

The business was originally located on Calhoun Street where Gaillard Auditorium is now. The auditorium's construction displaced the snack bar and drugstore owned by the late Deward Wilson and scores of black families. When the business relocated to Spring Street, its business continued to flourish, but its days were numbered.

The old Brooks Motel, formerly located on Morris Street, is another example of how integration has contributed to decreasing numbers of viable black-owned businesses. Built prior to the signing of the Civil Rights Act into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1967, the motel accommodated most of the civil rights leaders when they came to Charleston, including Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Today, there's no sign of the motel or Brooks Restaurant, across from the motel on Morris Street. Both were demolished to make way for condominiums, which have displaced not only businesses but also families in the traditionally black neighborhood."

I'm black and have been in on the issues affecting blacks at the national level for over 30 years. I do not subscribe to the claim of segregation being beneficial. We have over 2 million black owned businesses today. That's at least 5 times more than we had during segregation. One problem is that the money we make for others is not integrated back into our community. We have 2 million businesses and get only 1/2 of 1 percent of all the sales receipts. Our tax dollars are not returned to our community equitably in the form of services and or community development. Banks full of black folks money refuse to loan the black folks money they are drawing interest on for loans to start businesses in the black community. These things go unnoticed by those who want to make claims pf how integration has hurt us. Integration of trade and investment in our community is what we need. And until that happens there are going to be problems.
Those are great statements, but I'm afraid I'm going to require some proof of your claims.

No, because you guys make all kinds of comments about blacks without ever posting proof even when asked.

I don't have to be making up things just because you want to believe something untrue about blacks. You guys believe your crap without questioning one another or by asking for proof.
I appreciate your clear-eyed inability to justify your comments.

You complain that the "money we make for others is not integrated back into our community."Yet, this has been disproven time and again. The per capita tax return to distressed communities is much higher than other cities.

Then, you claim that "We have 2 million businesses and get only 1/2 of 1 percent of all the sales receipts." Of course, you provide this without context, as if we're supposed to accept it on face value. Why is that so? What is the comparison to the other businesses? Black owned businesses constitute what percentage of all businesses?

Oh yeah ... just because I'm not willing to accept your statements, that makes me a racist, right? Sorry - I deal in facts, and you haven't provided any.

I can support what I say, but again you guys make all kinds of comments about blacks, unsupported, never ask for supporting evidence and than you want me to show you all kinds of evidence because you don't want to believe the facts. This is not about my inability to show a mother fucking thing. It IS about me refusing to do so on the basis on which I explained Ito you. I said the money we make for others has not been integrated into our communities because it has not. Distressed communities include small all white rural farm towns, mining communities and poor white neighborhoods. You have accepted racist comments without question, that's why you are a racist. I have presented facts. I believe black businesses are about 7 percent of all businesses, but only get 1/2 of 1 percent of all receipts. We earn over 1.3 trillion dollars per year, most of it with white businesses and what we spend with those businesses and deposited in white banks is not returned equitably to our communities. Those are the facts. There is a reason why the fucking Community Reinvestment Act was passed idiot and there is a reason why it's still law.You want to argue with me about this? Find the facts yourself then present them to me.

Prejudicial, judgemental, and unsupported ... you've hit the trifecta.

I'm black and have been in on the issues affecting blacks at the national level for over 30 years. I do not subscribe to the claim of segregation being beneficial. We have over 2 million black owned businesses today. That's at least 5 times more than we had during segregation. One problem is that the money we make for others is not integrated back into our community. We have 2 million businesses and get only 1/2 of 1 percent of all the sales receipts. Our tax dollars are not returned to our community equitably in the form of services and or community development. Banks full of black folks money refuse to loan the black folks money they are drawing interest on for loans to start businesses in the black community. These things go unnoticed by those who want to make claims pf how integration has hurt us. Integration of trade and investment in our community is what we need. And until that happens there are going to be problems.
Those are great statements, but I'm afraid I'm going to require some proof of your claims.

No, because you guys make all kinds of comments about blacks without ever posting proof even when asked.

I don't have to be making up things just because you want to believe something untrue about blacks. You guys believe your crap without questioning one another or by asking for proof.

You complain that the "money we make for others is not integrated back into our community."Yet, this has been disproven time and again. The per capita tax return to distressed communities is much higher than other cities.

Then, you claim that "We have 2 million businesses and get only 1/2 of 1 percent of all the sales receipts." Of course, you provide this without context, as if we're supposed to accept it on face value. Why is that so? What is the comparison to the other businesses? Black owned businesses constitute what percentage of all businesses?

Oh yeah ... just because I'm not willing to accept your statements, that makes me a racist, right? Sorry - I deal in facts, and you haven't provided any.

I can support what I say, but again you guys make all kinds of comments about blacks, unsupported, never ask for supporting evidence and than you want me to show you all kinds of evidence because you don't want to believe the facts. This is not about my inability to show a mother fucking thing. It IS about me refusing to do so on the basis on which I explained Ito you. I said the money we make for others has not been integrated into our communities because it has not. Distressed communities include small all white rural farm towns, mining communities and poor white neighborhoods. You have accepted racist comments without question, that's why you are a racist. I have presented facts. I believe black businesses are about 7 percent of all businesses, but only get 1/2 of 1 percent of all receipts. We earn over 1.3 trillion dollars per year, most of it with white businesses and what we spend with those businesses and deposited in white banks is not returned equitably to our communities. Those are the facts. There is a reason why the fucking Community Reinvestment Act was passed idiot and there is a reason why it's still law.You want to argue with me about this? Find the facts yourself then present them to me.

Wrong. Words supported by facts. You just don't want to believe and until you start questioning the white racists here don't question me.

Unless your man enough and stupid enough to try and back them up, I don't need to. They're meaningless words from a meaningless POS. Run along, BOY, and shine some shoes.

Poor butthurt racist. He get what he gives and can't take it. He thinks telling me to shine shoes is supposed to mean something. :badgrin:

Sure he did.

You can tell me all you want. Until you can prove what you say, it's nothing but drivel from another monkey boy.

I've proven my words. You can't prove yours. All you can do is show everybody how the internet gives you balls.

Wrong. Words supported by facts. You just don't want to believe and until you start questioning the white racists here don't question me.
Quit whining --- you haven't legitimized a single comment you've made.

It's funny how whites like you see things. I am not whining. You are. I have made my position plain. I have stated the facts. I don't have to prove anything to you just because you want to believe some racist bullshit that tells you blacks aren't doing anything. So go fuck yourself.

It's funny how whites like you see things. I am not whining. You are. I have made my position plain. I have stated the facts. I don't have to prove anything to you just because you want to believe some racist bullshit that tells you blacks aren't doing anything. So go fuck yourself.
You have NOT stated facts ... you have only stated your perception of what you believe to be facts. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your perceptions, and you should welcome the opportunity to educate.

I claimed nothing - I only asked you what you based your opinions on.

As for your pedantic and childish "go fuck yourself" - grow the hell up. If you aren't capable of having an intelligent and adult discussion, maybe you should just shut the hell up.

Forum List

Back