Zone1 We Are Not Colorblind

Correct, as far as the law goes. If the law violates someone's civil rights, the cop does not have the authority to violate the law. Cops didn't have the right to violate the segregation laws, or the fugitive slave laws. Cops didn't have the right to not incarcerate American citizens of Japanese descent, which was a clear violation of their rights.
Cops violate people's civil rights every day of the year

That's most likely your fault. I've had more positive interactions than negative ones. For instance, on my way to work one day I saw a CHP officer trying to catch a stray dog in the median of the freeway. I stopped to help him. After we caught the dog, he said "you look familiar" I said, you gave me a ticket the other day. You were just doing your job; I WAS speeding along with everyone else; I was just the one you picked at random to stop.

Now you would believe that the cop singled you out for no reason because everyone else was speeding. Almost everyone breaks laws, you can't complain if you are the unlucky one that gets stopped.
really isn;t that a nice ASSumption.

My fault that I just happened to be of darker than lily white skin.

Grow up in the inner-city in a minority neighborhood and get back to me on that.

really isn;t that a nice ASSumption.

My fault that I just happened to be of darker than lily white skin.

Grow up in the inner-city in a minority neighborhood and get back to me on that.
I'm not "lily white". In fact, I look Cuban to Cubans, and Spanish leaning Latino to others. I am a mutt. And I grew up in what was one of the worst neighborhoods of Los Angeles. Some friends and I were looking at our second-grade class photo a couple of years after we got out of high school, of the thirty-six kids in it we could only account for less than ten that we KNEW weren't in jail or dead. That's TWO THIRDS of the class dead or in jail. The neighborhood I lived in was Latino, Asian, Black and a very small minority white. It was so bad that the first time I went to Watts I was impressed at how nice it was. People actually had houses and lawns there, we had roach infested apartment buildings that were built around the turn of the twentieth century. To this day, I detest roaches and keep all open food containers in plastic bags. So don't try to play that game with me.

Forum List

Back