Zone1 Let's Talk About "Merit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merit was actually pretty good.

Don't know whatever happened to them.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.ad70e2d05451985ee8fa934b11cd61da?rik=Cf1X0bn54QZ0Qg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fcigarettecollector.net%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2016%2f08%2fMerit-Ultra-Lights-Menthol-Kings1-591x800.jpg&ehk=n184TsQ5JhOZzfLwwzjNM3Ij6a96wazfGX2WkADA4Y4%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
:laugh: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :abgg2q.jpg: I had to laugh at that one. Good one toobfreak!

I accept no claims of superiority granted by skin color. You can find studies "proving" differences between people groups all you want, as long as they ignore many factors. And I'm not threatening violence, that was the other poster.
Yeah, right.

When you lose an argument with me you invent a Negro.

Except I've never lost an argument and the whole way you freaked out about Jamal tells me I hit close to home. Some black guy did something awful to you where you felt humiliated, and you are spending the rest of your life on that hate.

How does it feel to know that David Cohen is paid more to perform the job you were fired from, and that he does it faster, better, and with less effort?
I wouldn't know... if they fired me to pay him more, that wouldn't be very good business, would it?

Of course, the only jobs I lost were when companies had to fire people and couldn't replace them because the revenues weren't there. Didn't bother me; I just went on to get better jobs. I would call every step on my career path an improvement over the last.

If I have had a fault, it's been staying with companies out of a sense of loyalty they didn't merit. One company I quit actually tried to recruit me back, twice. I didn't go for it, of course.

Maybe we should send you to China. That would be amusing.
Between the death of Mao Tse Tung in September 9, 1976 and the Tiananmen Square Massacre of June 4, 1989 China was evolving in ways I liked. I would have welcomed the opportunity to move to China. I have always loved Chinese culture and Chinese people. China was where I wanted my descendants to be centuries from now. I never had that opportunity.

Between the death of Mao Tse Tung in September 9, 1976 and the Tiananmen Square Massacre of June 4, 1989 China was evolving in ways I liked. I would have welcomed the opportunity to move to China. I have always loved Chinese culture and Chinese people. China was where I wanted my descendants to be centuries from now. I never had that opportunity.

Um, yeah, about that.

The Chinese Communist Party is waging a targeted campaign against Uyghur women, men, and children, and members of other Turkic Muslim minority groups in Xinjiang, China. Documented human rights abuses include coercive population control methods, forced labor, arbitrary detention in internment camps, torture, physical and sexual abuse, mass surveillance, family separation, and repression of cultural and religious expression.

Harassment and imprisonment of individuals for practising their religion or beliefs continued. Religious leaders and practitioners, including those belonging to house churches, Uyghur imams, Tibetan Buddhist monks and Falun Gong members, were among those subjected to arbitrary arrest and detention during 2022.

You see, I'll just make fun of religion... I won't actually do anything bad to you.

Actually, the Nazis claimed the inferiority of Jews with as much enthusiasm that you say about Blacks. (they also killed Roma, the Disabled, Slavs, gays and a host of others, but you don't hear them whining about it constantly). This is why Eugenics has a well-deserved bad name.

The following passages are taken from Mein Kampf, by Adolf Hitler, Volume I

Chapter II, "Years of Study and Suffering in Vienna." 'While thus examining the working of the Jewish race over long periods of history, the anxious question suddenly occurred to me whether perhaps inscrutable Destiny, for reasons unknown to us poor mortals, had not unalterably decreed the victory of this little race?"

One does not fear the victory of a small race one thinks is inferior.

Chapter XI, "Nation and Race." "Also, the intellectual abilities were schooled in the course of centuries. Today the Jew is looked upon as 'clever,' and in a certain sense he has been so at all times...

"The Jewish people, with all of its apparent intellectual qualities, is nevertheless without any true culture, without a culture of its own."

Hitler is obviously mistaken about the Jews lacking culture, but again he begrudgingly acknowledging Jewish "intellectual qualities."

The following passages are taken from Mein Kampf, by Adolf Hitler, Volume I
Why am I not surprised you own a copy.

Hitler is obviously mistaken about the Jews lacking culture, but again he begrudgingly acknowledging Jewish "intellectual qualities."

He also thought they were an inferior form of humanity. Hence why he tried to exterminate them.

He also thought they were an inferior form of humanity. Hence why he tried to exterminate them.

Wrong, idiot. Hitler merely used the Jews as a central rallying cry to unite the German people in an orgy of nationalism and fervor leading to violence to sustain and build his own political power. If all he really thought was that they were inferior, all he had to do was expel them from Germany.

Why am I not surprised you own a copy.

Don't be. I enjoy investigating different points of view. I have also taken a seminar on Das Kapital given by the American Communist Party.

In Mein Kampf, Volume I, Chapter II, "Years of Study and Suffering in Vienna," Hitler also wrote:

"I saw the only distinguishing mark in [the Jews'] strange religion. The fact that they had been persecuted on that account (as I believed) turned my aversion against unfavorable remarks about them almost into abhorrence...

"I still saw nothing but the religion in the Jew, and for reasons of of human tolerance I continued to decline fighting on religious grounds. In my opinion, therefore, the language of the anti-Semitic Viennese press was unworthy of the cultural traditions of a great race. I was depressed by the memory of certain events in the Middle Ages which I did not wish to see repeated."

It was only when Hitler failed in his efforts to become an architect and an artist that he began to hate Jews. Living in Vienna he saw plenty of Jews who were successful architects and artists, and he resented them. That is a common anti Jewish syndrome.

Um, yeah, about that.

the Tiananmen Square protests began as peaceful demonstrations in favor of democracy. The statue the demonstrators built was named "the Goddess of Democracy."

GoddessofDemocracy 4.jpg

If the Chinese government had been accepting of the Tiananmen Square demonstrations, China would have continued to evolve in directions I like. I would have been happy moving there, but I would have had trouble learning Mandarin.

Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan used to be ruled by dictatorships. Now they have democratic governments. I am confident that democracy would work well on the mainland too.

If the Chinese government had been accepting of the Tiananmen Square demonstrations, China would have continued to evolve in directions I like. I would have been happy moving there, but I would have had trouble learning Mandarin.

But they weren't, that's the point. Now they crack down on anything that doesn't meet the party line.

Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan used to be ruled by dictatorships. Now they have democratic governments. I am confident that democracy would work well on the mainland too.

They have Democratic governments because we insisted on them. Not quite the same thing.

Wrong, idiot. Hitler merely used the Jews as a central rallying cry to unite the German people in an orgy of nationalism and fervor leading to violence to sustain and build his own political power. If all he really thought was that they were inferior, all he had to do was expel them from Germany.
Both are true. Antisemitism was common, Germany’s in shambles, easy to scapegoat. Expulsion was actually their preference early on.

Prior to the war, the Nazis had focused on encouraging Jews to emigrate from the Greater German Reich through their antisemitic policies and actions. By 1939 in Poland, the Nazis escalated their actions, and segregated and imprisoned Jews for future deportation. At this stage, the Nazis planned to deport Jews to Madagascar or lands further east. Later, in 1941, as both of these options were realised to be infeasible, the Nazis created extermination camps to liquidate the populations of the ghettos instead.

The Nazis also considered Jews to be inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back