Zone1 We Are Not Colorblind

We are not colorblind but we can act like we are.

It's the action that counts

We are not colorblind but we can act like we are.

It's the action that counts

Acting is pretending. And that's the problem, too many people want to pretend.

Acting is pretending. And that's the problem, too many people want to pretend.

So what?

What does it matter if the action is performed?

People pretend every day.

People pretend to be polite by acting polite
People pretend to be successful

The action is all that matters.

Or are you the thought police now?

No, that's not woke. That's what right wingers claim is woke. Just like CRT, you guys made some ---- up that's not even close to what it is. Madness is watching an insurrection and people saying it didn't happen. Madness is listening to a loser in a presidential election calling up people to press them to break laws and excuses are made to justify him. Madness is watching the republicans in congress go after a private citizen with no evidence of broken laws, and then watch that same congress bitch about government being weaponized because a grand jury votes to indict a man based on evidence presented. Madness is the belief that blacks vote democrat because democrats tell us that racism exists so we can depend on them. Madness is watching the cult worship of a criminal and their desire to put him back in power.
Yes, it is. Giving up on law and oder by defunding the police because its "racist". Mad people stroll around, killers, groomers, every kind of shit, but Wokie wants to defund police. People identify as cats and you have to treat them like a cat. Can´t call a women a women because that is gender assuming. The list is long and mad. It has nothing to do with Trump. Can´t make up your mind, some Wokie will be offended, but if you rob him, police will have to release you. Trump being a fake doesn´t mean wokeness is sane.

Yes, it is. Giving up on law and oder by defunding the police because its "racist". Mad people stroll around, killers, groomers, every kind of shit, but Wokie wants to defund police. People identify as cats and you have to treat them like a cat. Can´t call a women a women because that is gender assuming. The list is long and mad. It has nothing to do with Trump. Can´t make up your mind, some Wokie will be offended, but if you rob him, police will have to release you. Trump being a fake doesn´t mean wokeness is sane.
We need to demilitarize the police.

That alone will leave more than enough money to allocate to training actual peace officers who are actually there to protect your civil rights an so they don't think they are an occupying force and that the people they are supposed to be serving are not the enemy.

That alone will leave more than enough money to allocate to training actual peace officers who are actually there to protect your civil rights an so they don't think they are an occupying force and that the people they are supposed to be serving are not the enemy.
You don´t need "peace officers" in an environment where people only use guns to interact with the police. They quit in droves. In some years cities like NY won´t have a sufficient force anymore.

You don´t need "peace officers" in an environment where people only use guns to interact with the police. They quit in droves. In some years cities like NY won´t have a sufficient force anymore.

Very few cops are ever shot in the line of duty. And I never said cops shouldn't carry guns

Very few cops are ever shot in the line of duty. And I never said cops shouldn't carry guns
It is now an occupation that is being blamed. Because some few cops abused it. But the actual reason is that politicians lobby for criminals and propagate hatred towards cops. If you defend yourself against armed criminals, you are the bad guy.

Last edited:
It is now an occupation that is being blamed. Because some few cops abused it. But the actual reason is that politicians lobby for criminals and propagate hatred towards cops. If you defend yourself against armed criminals, you are the bad guy.

Cops violate peoples' rights on a daily basis because they are trained to think the public is the enemy and they are the occupying force.

If you go out and get robbed, it wasn´t a cop.
No cops will just plant drugs in your car, or use a drug dog to get a false positive so they can violate your 4th amendment rights, cops will flat out lie to you because that's what they are trained to do.

When I was 18 I got jumped by 3 guys and was left in an alley in the middle of winter with a ruptured spleen, 3 broken ribs a grade 4 concussion and a fractured eye orbital I was knocked unconscious and woke up about an hour later freezing because the bastards stole my winter coat and boots. The blood from by lacertaed cheek actually froze my face to the pavement.

Guess what the cops did for me?

Nothing.

It took me over an hour to walk the 6 blocks to a hospital and the cops drove by me at least twice and just chose to ignore the bloodied barefoot young man with no jacket in the middle of January staggering to the hospital

When I woke up from surgery the Dr told me I was within 20 minutes of dying when I got there. He reported my injuries to the cops and they came in and basically started accusing me of committing some crimes.

So FUCK the police.

Last edited:

It's not police officer's duty to enforce civil rights, it's their duty to apprehend and arrest criminals. It's the court's duty to protect civil rights. Police officers are supposed to operate within the constraints of the law, most do, a few don't.

It's not police officer's duty to enforce civil rights, it's their duty to apprehend and arrest criminals. It's the court's duty to protect civil rights. Police officers are supposed to operate within the constraints of the law, most do, a few don't.

It's their duty not to violate the rights of the public.

No cops will just plant drugs in your car, or use a drug dog to get a false positive so they can violate your 4th amendment rights, cops will flat out lie to you because that's what they are trained to do.

When I was 18 I got jumped by 3 guys and was left in an alley in the middle of winter with a ruptured spleen, 3 broken ribs a grade 4 concussion and a fractured eye orbital I was knocked unconscious and woke up about an hour later freezing because the bastards stole my winter coat and boots. The blood from by lacertaed cheek actually froze my face to the pavement.

Guess what the cops did for me?

Nothing.

It took me over an hour to walk the 6 blocks to a hospital and the cops drove by me at least twice and just chose to ignore the bloodied barefoot young man with no jacket in the middle of January staggering to the hospital

When I woke up from surgery the Dr told me I was within 20 minutes of dying when I got there. He reported my injuries to the cops and they came in and basically started accusing me of committing some crimes.

So FUCK the police.
That is an unlucky happening. I experienced similar stuff, injustice, maltreatment, ect. But I learned to not to generalize things.

It's their duty not to violate the rights of the public.
Correct, as far as the law goes. If the law violates someone's civil rights, the cop does not have the authority to violate the law. Cops didn't have the right to violate the segregation laws, or the fugitive slave laws. Cops didn't have the right to not incarcerate American citizens of Japanese descent, which was a clear violation of their rights.

Not generalizing.

I have never had a single positive experience with any cop
That's most likely your fault. I've had more positive interactions than negative ones. For instance, on my way to work one day I saw a CHP officer trying to catch a stray dog in the median of the freeway. I stopped to help him. After we caught the dog, he said "you look familiar" I said, you gave me a ticket the other day. You were just doing your job; I WAS speeding along with everyone else; I was just the one you picked at random to stop.

Now you would believe that the cop singled you out for no reason because everyone else was speeding. Almost everyone breaks laws, you can't complain if you are the unlucky one that gets stopped.

We have entered a time where many whites have adopted the colorblind claim of non-racism. The declaration of being colorblind is fake news. One of the main problems with the belief in colorblindness coming from whites is that it ignores some 400 years of history. We could all go colorblind relative to race tomorrow, but the damage created by centuries of color-coded abuses will still exist. Whites will be colorblind then continue not hiring blacks because blacks do not have work experience. That lack of work experience would have been due to racism before everybody turned colorblind. But now that we are colorblind, we can ignore those years because we do not see color and only hire based on “merit.

We Are Not Colorblind

By Kerry Mitchell Brown, PhD

This country has never had equitable and inclusive structures, and colorblindness has never been a thing. The national identity built into our structures, laws, practices, and lived experiences is white supremacist. Race and skin color have always had consequences in this country.

Affirmative action was introduced because racist systems and discriminatory practices had for centuries denied Black people and people of color access to socioeconomic opportunities. Through various legislative initiatives, affirmative action assured Black people and other people of color that they would have the same education and employment opportunities as their white counterparts. Institutions were incentivized to achieve racial equity and representation in classrooms, student bodies, and workplaces, giving them good reason to move away from white supremacy.

Arguing to ignore the category of race is a form of white supremacy, and it has historically been used to deny racial equity in all aspects of life. We must recognize and address systemic racism and its consequences.

We ought to be. Fuck sake. It would do you a world of good.

Forum List

Back