And Obama will do nothing

About european involvement in Africa: almost every aspect of it is inherited from the colonial period, this is why European countries were giving the most development aid to africa. But this is not a the reason that the US should discuss anything with the European nations, the previous time the americans were in somalia they did start operations without european support/knowledge (this resulted in black hawk down: The True Story Of Black Hawk Down). And the american history with regard to "black hawk down" is a much more important reason why the US prefers international coöperation with regard to somalia (the US wants to be cautious), the post-colonial connections between africa and Europe are fading: many african nations are replacing european/american influence with Chinese influence.

I did not mention the UN and I was not talking about the UN, you have no idea of what is going on in Africa. You can give me your inherited from the colonial history lesson but that just shows you cannot forget what you were taught.

This is not a flame and of course it has to be an attack from me on you, that said you need to forget the history you were taught, forget about the United Nations and look how Europe interacts with Africa on a corporate level. That is much different than speaking of the propaganda we are fed.

I dont know if you get the idea yet but I am not the same as the other Republican users, I am conservative, I am not going to defend bush, I dont care if I do not have one friend on these boards, I dont care if every bush supporter hates me but I will tell it how it is. Bush sucked, but not for the idiotic reasons I see the left post.

If you want to know whats going on in Africa we must look at how the corporations will develop Africa.

Europe is intamitely involved, as supported by thier politicians, which is outside the scope of the united nations. The United Nations most certainly gets tied in.

So, in closeing, I am just merely trying to get you to open your mind a bit and see beyond what we are taught, beyond what the media tells us.

Its all about money.

Now along will come the pantywaist Liberals claiming these guys have rights.

He had the first set killed, asshole.

That's more than your Bushshit accomplished. No, I',m wrong, he did get over 4000 or our military killed.

Maybe I am missing part of english grammer but what the hell is "set".

You may of not noticed but bush is gone.

Why dont you start a bush thread or find an old Iraq war thread and I will be glad to show you dozens of fact that makes it seem like I am a moron for trying to educated a simpleton.

Thats right I am calling you a simpleton, thats how you post, what the hell is a set, set of what, dishes, plates, you talking about matched set of tubes for a guitar amp.

4000 dead is nothing in war, its nothing short of a miracle, We can bash bush and discuss his mistakes but he did what Clinton did not have the balls for, he finished the war saddam started. Bush will be remembered for wiping out the Iraqi army with a insignificant amount of causalties. When historians look back 200 years from now the war in Iraq will be a milestone in military history, the turning point when causalties were of no significance strategically.

So put that in your history book, Bush had the balls to fight, and set a historic milestone.

so rayboy, grow up into rayman, why not take boy out of your user name, it insults children.

Last edited:
French nab 11 pirates as threats mount on US ships

A group of Pirates has ANNOUNCED they intend to capture US Ships and KILL all Americans captured. Who wants to bet Obama does NOTHING at all except say it is a stunt to scare us?

Such a threat, when we know where the pirates are and how to deal with them should be meet with immediate military force. Their ships sunk and their members killed , their safe havens raided and set afire.

Unless you're privy to WH situation room strategy, you don't have a clue what Obama will or will not do, just as you didn't when the Maersk Alabama was siezed.

Ya? Here is the response I expected from our Great leader..

Clinton announces new Somali anti-piracy steps

Ya we should talk to the powerless Somali Government and make back room deals with despots to leave us alone. I bet you complain all the time about the cold war years when we made such deals with dictators to oppose the Soviets.

Talk is not going to stop these people from doing anything they plan to do, in fact they are betting we just talk and do nothing. Here let me make it clear for you.... ANY American Sailor dies due to the inability of this Government to actually act against this threat, is OBAMA'S fault. DIRECTLY his fault, no in between , no excuse. HE has chosen to do NOTHING except TALK.

I think you missed my point. The public did not know what strategies were being played out behind closed doors. We don't know this time, either. Should Obama teleprompt to the nation that we will be going ashore on Saturday? What exactly DO you want him to say? Get real, please. You once posted something rather sane, but now I see you're just another faux newshound.

"Bring it on"

Perhaps the most irresponsible words ever uttered by a US President.

Ya, we can talk to a bunch of Muslim Pirates that already think we are so weak they can ANNOUNCE they plan to way lay and murder Americans. GREAT plan. In fact I suggest YOU volunteer to work on one of those vessels since your so sure talking will solve this threat.

GOD you people are BEYOND IGNORANT.

And how is the US military supposed to get control of, or annihilate rogue bands of 16-year olds running amok all over Somalia and responsible to no higher authority? WE'RE "ignorant"???

French nab 11 pirates as threats mount on US ships

A group of Pirates has ANNOUNCED they intend to capture US Ships and KILL all Americans captured. Who wants to bet Obama does NOTHING at all except say it is a stunt to scare us?

Such a threat, when we know where the pirates are and how to deal with them should be meet with immediate military force. Their ships sunk and their members killed , their safe havens raided and set afire.

I'm a liberal and I don't think that pirates have a right to be pirates.

Thank goodness Obama is too smart to boost the profile of rag tag pirates by declaring war (is this the only response righties can ever think of?) on them.

This is classic, I got mashed potatoes coming out my nose I am laughing so hard, this nut job thinks he has to state he is a liberal, panty wasted, snot, nosed, red, diapered, doper, baby for us to identify him Seriously, you my friend are obviously here just to make us laugh.

I was in such a bad mode, thanks, I love you. There is nothing like dry humor to make me happy. I owe you one.

Well...from your avatar, it doesn't seem like it takes much to amuse you.

He should invade and occupy Somalia's next door neighbor.

Another Liberal dumb ass. Remind us all again retard.... how well did talking to the Barbary Pirates go? How well did talking to the Confederates before they attacked the US go? How well did talking to Hitler go? How well did talking to the North Vietnamese go? How well did talking to the Iranians go? How well did talking to terrorists go? How well did talking to Saddam Hussein for 12 YEARS go? How well did talking to the North Koreans go? Or the Taliban?

Go ahead post all the success stories of how talking to despots murderers and thieves has worked out so well over the last 250 years.

Meanwhile those of us in the real world will remind you that all talking did is allow the other side time to build its strength and carry out its attacks.

And here we have it, the US is afraid of a few pirates armed with rpgs and rifles, driving speed boats and fishing trawlers.

We are so afraid we are gonna go make back room deals with the very despots if we can. No more paying ransom when the boats are hijacked, no no we will pay up front to keep that from happening. Why? Cause our Government is run by sniveling COWARDS.

Any American dies cause Obama refused to act, I would call that High Crimes and an Impeachable Offense.

So Sarge, where were you when Reagan was TALKING TO Gorbechev to end the Cold War, a far larger lingering threat than a bunch of pirates?

Ya, we can talk to a bunch of Muslim Pirates that already think we are so weak they can ANNOUNCE they plan to way lay and murder Americans. GREAT plan. In fact I suggest YOU volunteer to work on one of those vessels since your so sure talking will solve this threat.

Then proof it or shut it: What did the previous administration do about pirates?

Has this administration already done more in 3 weeks then the previous administration in 8 years?

Dumb ASS who put our ships there? Who Organized the international effort to patrol the area. It sure as hell was not Obama or the Democrats. Ohh and you retard, no Americans were held for Ransom before. Further the Pirates NEVER threatened to kill Americans before now. Hey though don't let facts get in the way of a good "blame Bush" excuse.

BUSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :eusa_whistle: Did he give you a personal call after every strategy?

"Bring it on"

Perhaps the most irresponsible words ever uttered by a US President.

Then prove it or shut it: What did the previous administration do about pirates?

Has this administration already done more in 3 weeks then the previous administration in 8 years?

when was an American crew taken when Bush was pres.?

I dunno but lots of rum should be involved in the talks. If Obama does some cocaine every time he goes to the john he should be able to drink the pirates under the table thus winning the negotiations.

Maybe that was Bushie's problem. [OOH DAMN. I said the B-word again. My bad.]

They were endangering US ships (this is what I ment), because they were already taking ships in that region.

Munin if there was no taking of an American crew or Captain.....we would not be talking about this......it would be exactly as it was when Bush was Pres.

Dumb ASS who put our ships there? Who Organized the international effort to patrol the area. It sure as hell was not Obama or the Democrats. Ohh and you retard, no Americans were held for Ransom before. Further the Pirates NEVER threatened to kill Americans before now. Hey though don't let facts get in the way of a good "blame Bush" excuse.

Bush and the republicans didn't do that, this is an idea from the UN. Bush only went along with the rest of the world, this proposal was drafted by the French (NOT BY THE US).

Piracy in Somalia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1838 is a United Nations Security Council resolution that calls on nations with vessels in the Somali piracy region to apply military force as a means of repressing acts of piracy. Adopted unanimously on October 7, 2008, it recommends that states commit both naval and air forces to fight this crime. The text was drafted by French authorities.[1]
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1838 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is very clear the ships that were sent during the Bush-years were part of an international mission, not a US mission. During the Bush years the somali situation deteriorated: which is my point THE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT FAILED TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

wiki is not a source, it can be changed by anyone, did you know that.

Tell us about the french and thier involvement in africa, maybe you know but I am guessing you dont, so go google and use wike so I can see what you think you know then post.

So I can educate you, now thank me.

Not so easy, but apparently YOU didn't know that.

Wikipedia:How to edit a page - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Major edits

All editors are encouraged to be bold, but there are several things that a user can do to ensure that major edits are performed smoothly. Before engaging in a major edit, a user should consider discussing proposed changes on the article discussion/talk page. During the edit, if doing so over an extended period, the {{Inuse}} tag can reduce the likelihood of an edit conflict. Once the edit has been completed, the inclusion of an edit summary will assist in documenting the changes. These steps will all help to ensure that major edits are well received by the Wikipedia community.

A major edit should be reviewed to confirm that it is consensual to all concerned editors. Therefore, any change that affects the meaning of an article is major (not minor), even if the edit is a single word.[/B]

There are no necessary terms to which you have to agree when doing major edits, but the recommendations above have become best practice. If you do it your own way, the likelihood of your edits being reedited may be higher.

Wikipedia remains the best online encyclopedia. If you don't like its content, you're always free to check its SOURCES FOR CONTENT, at the bottom of each respective page.

What the whingenuts don't realise is that this is an international, not a domestic, issue. It's being handled on that basis.

Now back to your tea party fantasies :lol:
I think they just hate Obama so much that they believe that a bunch of teenage pirates actually decided that now would be a good time to target US ships.

just because one or 2 of them were teens,doesnt mean they all are....i read yesterday that the avg. age of these guys was 20-24.....dont sound like teenagers.....

wiki is not a source, it can be changed by anyone, did you know that.

Tell us about the french and thier involvement in africa, maybe you know but I am guessing you dont, so go google and use wike so I can see what you think you know then post.

So I can educate you, now thank me.

Wiki can be a source when you know that other sources back it up.

I m guessing you re trying to tell me this: The french had colonies in Africa, but you re wrong here: Somalia was colonized by Italy and Brittain.

I can not disagree, you are guessing. Thats the problem, maybe not with you but with a whole bunch of people, they guess, than they go to google and see if google can back up the guess and it will direct them somewhere else like wiki, somehow or someway wiki results are at the top of google searches, google is a marketing tool.

Just because you take a guess and go to google than find confirmation of your guess on wiki does not make your guess right, accurate or relevant.

Whats the French have to do with Somali, I am not sure to tell you the truth but I know the French are very involoved in Africa, I dont study Africa so I wont pretend or go looking. I see people blame the USA, bring up Obama and people will say what about Bush, he did this and that, and there is a lot of truth to those statements and relevancy, relevancy if we show that nothing changes in washington, relevant if we tie Democrats and Republicans together through corporations who are controling the politicians.

The Europeans should be discussed when discussing anything in African and not because of colonization but because europeans are actively involved politically, they are actively involved militarily, involved with business deals, corporations. I dont mind helping out but Africa is a mess of the europeans. Where are they, look into the europeans involvement.

You want to talk about Africa, start looking at the French, Britian, Spain, Italy, etc, etc.

STOP GUESSING, STOP GOOGLING, STOP READING WIKI. if you need a bit of fact you must dig through the deep pile of shit google is, you take wiki for what it is, a very weak source, than look at Europe.

We have saving europes ass and rebuilding europe since the end of WW II, we can live without Saudi oil but Europe cannot, we could ignore the pirates but europe cannot.

There, I, Educated, you, thank me.

The primitive mind is tricked into believing the primitive minds guesses are factual by the great technology of the computer, internet, google, and comfirmation with wiki, and schools push this as a tool for children to learn. I am sick, go home children find the answer on google, forget the answers on google are paid to be there, great technology, to brainwash the primitive mind

So where exactly do you get YOUR information? A Magic 8 ball? Wikipedia, even if you hate what it represents (er, truth?), it will give you a starting point to go elsewhere and do your own laborious homework. Which is obvious you skip entirely anyway.

That's more than your Bushshit accomplished. No, I',m wrong, he did get over 4000 or our military killed.

Why dont you start a bush thread or find an old Iraq war thread and I will be glad to show you dozens of fact that makes it seem like I am a moron for trying to educated a simpleton.

Thats right I am calling you a simpleton, thats how you post, what the hell is a set, set of what, dishes, plates, you talking about matched set of tubes for a guitar amp.

4000 dead is nothing in war, its nothing short of a miracle, We can bash bush and discuss his mistakes but he did what Clinton did not have the balls for, he finished the war saddam started. Bush will be remembered for wiping out the Iraqi army with a insignificant amount of causalties. When historians look back 200 years from now the war in Iraq will be a milestone in military history, the turning point when causalties were of no significance strategically.

So put that in your history book, Bush had the balls to fight, and set a historic milestone.

so rayboy, grow up into rayman, why not take boy out of your user name, it insults children.

Oh gag. I didn't think there were any Bush worshippers left. All the "new" post-Bush conservatives want to pretend they never supported him in the first place.

Oh gag. I didn't think there were any Bush worshippers left. All the "new" post-Bush conservatives want to pretend they never supported him in the first place.
how is stating the truth "bush worship"?????
what YOU have is ABDS
seek out professional help

What the whingenuts don't realise is that this is an international, not a domestic, issue. It's being handled on that basis.

Now back to your tea party fantasies :lol:
I think they just hate Obama so much that they believe that a bunch of teenage pirates actually decided that now would be a good time to target US ships.

They are world-renowned for their knowledge of such things.

He should invade and occupy Somalia's next door neighbor.

Another Liberal dumb ass. Remind us all again retard.... how well did talking to the Barbary Pirates go? How well did talking to the Confederates before they attacked the US go? How well did talking to Hitler go? How well did talking to the North Vietnamese go? How well did talking to the Iranians go? How well did talking to terrorists go? How well did talking to Saddam Hussein for 12 YEARS go? How well did talking to the North Koreans go? Or the Taliban?

Go ahead post all the success stories of how talking to despots murderers and thieves has worked out so well over the last 250 years.

Meanwhile those of us in the real world will remind you that all talking did is allow the other side time to build its strength and carry out its attacks.

And here we have it, the US is afraid of a few pirates armed with rpgs and rifles, driving speed boats and fishing trawlers.

We are so afraid we are gonna go make back room deals with the very despots if we can. No more paying ransom when the boats are hijacked, no no we will pay up front to keep that from happening. Why? Cause our Government is run by sniveling COWARDS.

Any American dies cause Obama refused to act, I would call that High Crimes and an Impeachable Offense.

So Sarge, where were you when Reagan was TALKING TO Gorbechev to end the Cold War, a far larger lingering threat than a bunch of pirates?

Reagan doesn't count. Duh.

Forum List

Back