And Obama will do nothing

Are you assuming that the guys on board those ships don't get the same news you do? The sailors are now armed because of the recent incident and continuing threats.
really?
when did this happen?
last i had heard they were still not allowed to be armed

Somali pirates threaten Americans - Somalia- msnbc.com
MOMBASA, Kenya - The U.S. and its allies battled Somalia's pirates on two fronts Wednesday, with French forces seizing a bandit mother ship and Washington seeking to keep the marauders from their spoils. Another U.S. freighter headed to port with armed sailors aboard after pirates damaged it with gunshots and grenades.
sounds like, but the story isnt clear, that some US Navy personel boarded the ship

really?
when did this happen?
last i had heard they were still not allowed to be armed

MOMBASA, Kenya - The U.S. and its allies battled Somalia's pirates on two fronts Wednesday, with French forces seizing a bandit mother ship and Washington seeking to keep the marauders from their spoils. Another U.S. freighter headed to port with armed sailors aboard after pirates damaged it with gunshots and grenades.
sounds like, but the story isnt clear, that some US Navy personel boarded the ship

Okay, it was a lie, then. Fuckwad. Happy?

go read the story again, moron, find where it states WHO is armed

French nab 11 pirates as threats mount on US ships

And Obama will do nothing

A group of Pirates has ANNOUNCED they intend to capture US Ships and KILL all Americans captured. Who wants to bet Obama does NOTHING at all except say it is a stunt to scare us?

Such a threat, when we know where the pirates are and how to deal with them should be meet with immediate military force. Their ships sunk and their members killed , their safe havens raided and set afire.

Now along will come the pantywaist Liberals claiming these guys have rights.

Man, are you ever right about anything? From thinking the Iraq war was a great idea, to voting for Bush twice, to cheerleading corporate deregulation, you seem like you're wrong 99.999% of the time.

Obama didn't read those pirates their miranda rights - he ordered bullets to be put in their heads.

just because one or 2 of them were teens,doesnt mean they all are....i read yesterday that the avg. age of these guys was 20-24.....dont sound like teenagers.....

Being teens means nothing in this situation. Checking history as far back as the ancients will put the importance of that to rest.

Let me pose a question to those who disagree: if a teen were to point a weapon at you with a relaxed expression and still eyes, would you fear for your life or walk forward to give him a hug?

I would try to protect myself, but I wouldn't call for the National Guard to help out. Your point? Who's talking about hugs? Jezzus you people act like children. Grow the fuck up.

Just wondering if you actually read the posts that are quoted. As for growing up... :cool:

liberals tend to get it wrong

They not only get it wrong, they have no concept of using History to prevent the same stupid shit from happening over again. I mean History is absolutely BRIMMING with examples of how talk fails to accomplish anything when facing armed thugs that are not afraid to attack you.

You see Thugs do not give one rat's shit about you or your life or "rights" the ONLY thing that interests them is not picking on someone able to hurt or kill them. Everyone else, especially the dumb ones that want to "talk" to them are simply victims waiting to be fleeced, killed or enslaved.

I'll remind you that our GIs and Marines would still be on the battlefields of Iraq had General Patreaus not determined that TALKING TO the Iraqi insurgents and convincing them that they were better off "on our side" was the best option for all.

In the meantime, enlighten us with your history lessons, Sarge. I can't wait.

You do not even understand the written word you stupid Ass. Once again for the truly slow, stupid and ignorant.... IF the Thugs do not fear you, they do not talk, the Iraqis YOU are talking about saw the writing on the wall and chose to pick the winning side. WHY? Nit because we ask them nicely but because we were beating the shit out of them and they were tired of dieing and saw no end for that situation. And do you honestly think the Army initiated contact? Not likely, they were most likely informed by others that those people were willing to talk. I mean would YOU volunteer to go parley with Kidnappers and thieves if they had not alraedy let you know THEY wanted to talk.

SO tell me? Did your parents have any children that lived?

Being teens means nothing in this situation. Checking history as far back as the ancients will put the importance of that to rest.

Let me pose a question to those who disagree: if a teen were to point a weapon at you with a relaxed expression and still eyes, would you fear for your life or walk forward to give him a hug?

I would try to protect myself, but I wouldn't call for the National Guard to help out. Your point? Who's talking about hugs? Jezzus you people act like children. Grow the fuck up.

Just wondering if you actually read the posts that are quoted. As for growing up... :cool:

Her reading comprehension is so poor she needs to hire someone to break the posts down into simple concepts for her and repeat them about 50 times.

Do you have a problem with comprehension? Maybe you have water on the brain and need to come up for air. :cuckoo:

Would you like to tell me what I missed?

Do you have a problem with comprehension? Maybe you have water on the brain and need to come up for air. :cuckoo:
my reading comprehension is PERFECT bitch
now, where does it actually say WHO those "armed sailors" are?
hmmmm
where's your comprehension?

if you havent figured it out, the MSNBC story is incomplete
they violate the basic construction of a news story, thats why i NEVER use them for a source

Last edited:
Hilarious. Say, Sarge, better waddle on down to the nearest VA and get your meds updated. You're beginning to sound like you're going through a second childhood.

Ya cause Obama never did Coke right? I mean you dumb ass's never stop with the fact Bush drank in his younger years. Here we have a man that ADMITS he did hard core drugs and no one gives a rat's ass. Well none of you dumb ass Obama lovers.

That coke may explain his inability to speak well with out a teleprompter to read. He fried to many brain cells.

OBama used it in his 20's, back in the 80's when using cocaine was just fine with everybody else too. In fact, you weren't considered "cool" unless you participated if it was brought out. I for one never cared that Bush was a drunk, just so long as he was sober while in office.

Quit ranting, for God's sake. There's enough to debate without your childish tantrums. You hate Obama. We get that.

Obama's cocaine use is why he stutters and says "uh" 500 times answering three questions. Obama's cocaine use is why he needs two crutches, the teleprompters. Brain damage due to cocaine use is pemanent.

hmmmm

they violate the basic construction of a news story, thats why i NEVER use them for a source

You want their names? "Sailors" can be assumed to be members of the United States Navy, as opposed to "pirates" roaming the open seas. Duh...

I know the story is incomplete. I simply posted it in response to someone yelling that folks on board any of those ships should be armed. I said I thought they were starting to be armed, and pulled up that article when asked for proof.

Jeeesus, picky picky picky. Don't have a fucking cow over such inconsequencial things.

Ya cause Obama never did Coke right? I mean you dumb ass's never stop with the fact Bush drank in his younger years. Here we have a man that ADMITS he did hard core drugs and no one gives a rat's ass. Well none of you dumb ass Obama lovers.

That coke may explain his inability to speak well with out a teleprompter to read. He fried to many brain cells.

OBama used it in his 20's, back in the 80's when using cocaine was just fine with everybody else too. In fact, you weren't considered "cool" unless you participated if it was brought out. I for one never cared that Bush was a drunk, just so long as he was sober while in office.

Quit ranting, for God's sake. There's enough to debate without your childish tantrums. You hate Obama. We get that.

Obama's cocaine use is why he stutters and says "uh" 500 times answering three questions. Obama's cocaine use is why he needs two crutches, the teleprompters. Brain damage due to cocaine use is pemanent.

Gee, that looks copied from an old Bush message board posting. Are you playing tit for tat?

hmmmm

You want their names? "Sailors" can be assumed to be members of the United States Navy, as opposed to "pirates" roaming the open seas. Duh...

I know the story is incomplete. I simply posted it in response to someone yelling that folks on board any of those ships should be armed. I said I thought they were starting to be armed, and pulled up that article when asked for proof.

Jeeesus, picky picky picky. Don't have a fucking cow over such inconsequencial things.
well, if you were actually paying attention, the US Navy is not what people are asking for to help the ships
they either want to allow the merchant marines to arm or allow them to hire professional security services
please do try and keep up with the conversation in the future

hmmmm

well, if you were actually paying attention, the US Navy is not what people are asking for to help the ships
they either want to allow the merchant marines to arm or allow them to hire professional security services

I'm following the situation itself very closely. If the "conversation" here veered off track, it's because the question was asked and I responded,m and you chose to get picky. End of THAT nonsense.

I heard Vice Admiral Kevin Cosgriff, former Naval Commander of Central Command, at a forum on this subject on Friday. He outlined five options currently being discussed (although he said there are obviously more "options" but these are at the top of the list):

1. Do nothing and pay the ransoms.

2. Flood the zones with international NAVAL flotillas (some will be armed; some not depending on the particular country's rules of engagement).

3. Provide Merchant Marine, cargo ships, etc., with armed crews (NGOs) to provide security.

4. Go ashore in "light" military mode (tactical raids aimed at equipment, not people and villages).

5. Go ashore big, which would be a substantial, high-risk operation.

Admiral Cosgriff also stated that the resolution specifically regarding the Meark Alabama was an impressive blend of interagency, military and Naval operations orchestrated by President Obama and General Patreaus. He was speaking at a foreign affairs panel, where most of the reporters were from military and foreign publications, so he didn't need to add that comment.

I'm following the situation itself very closely. If the "conversation" here veered off track, it's because the question was asked and I responded,m and you chose to get picky. End of THAT nonsense.

I heard Vice Admiral Kevin Cosgriff, former Naval Commander of Central Command, at a forum on this subject on Friday. He outlined five options currently being discussed (although he said there are obviously more "options" but these are at the top of the list):

1. Do nothing and pay the ransoms.

2. Flood the zones with international NAVAL flotillas (some will be armed; some not depending on the particular country's rules of engagement).

3. Provide Merchant Marine, cargo ships, etc., with armed crews (NGOs) to provide security.

4. Go ashore in "light" military mode (tactical raids aimed at equipment, not people and villages).

5. Go ashore big, which would be a substantial, high-risk operation.

Admiral Cosgriff also stated that the resolution specifically regarding the Meark Alabama was an impressive blend of interagency, military and Naval operations orchestrated by President Obama and General Patreaus. He was speaking at a foreign affairs panel, where most of the reporters were from military and foreign publications, so he didn't need to add that comment.
#3 is likely the best option

Forum List

Back