Zone1 AncestryDNA World Regions

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I read the descriptions of the regions only the roma region says "that ethnicity has nothing to do with your genetics"... i suspect some who scored roma, complained about it that they are not, or some maybe complained it is racist because it will identify roma, or some wokes who said genetics has nothing to do with ethnicity... but no other region says that though, not jewish, not baltics, not balkan, not russia etc.

About this Region
The early Romani people left northern India in the 9th or 10th centuries and arrived in Europe some 400 years later. Many preserved their nomadic lifestyle, in part because of Europe’s distrust of outsiders and economic competition, since Romani men were recognized for being skilled livestock traders, metalworkers, woodworkers, and basket-weavers. Throughout the Middle Ages and into modern history, discrimination and legal persecution targeting the Romani persisted, and hundreds of thousands were killed in the Porajmos—the genocide of Romani people in Nazi concentration camps. Today, along with the Romani language, other symbols of Romani pride and identity are on the rise, including radio programs, magazines, and the adoption of the Romani flag in 1971.

Please note that your ethnicity results do not prove or disprove that you belong to a particular ethnic group. Identifying with, or being a member of, an ethnic or cultural group involves much more than genetics.

I read the descriptions of the regions only the roma region says "that ethnicity has nothing to do with your genetics"... i suspect some who scored roma, complained about it that they are not, or some maybe complained it is racist because it will identify roma, or some wokes who said genetics has nothing to do with ethnicity... but no other region says that though, not jewish, not baltics, not balkan, not russia etc.
Ethnicity plays a major part in everyone's genetic makeup. That starts from the time they are being formed in the mother's womb to the time they arrive into the world as babies. In school they taught us about Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) it coils around like a chain, forms a helix, and produces the the makeup of our genes/genetics.

Forum List

Back