An Obama supporter asks Republicans: Do you admire Mitt Romney?

Troubadour

Rookie
Apr 25, 2012
I admire President Obama. I admire his intelligence, his competence, and his rationality and patience in the face of opponents who...well...let's just say they never quite signed on to the whole Earth being round thing. I find his attitudes and values similar to my own, and in many respects I find that he leads by example.

Do you, Romney supporters, feel the same way about your candidate? Does he inspire you? Are his values a higher example of your own?

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Are those your ideal "Americans"? If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

Returning to Romney, if you don't admire him, is it just that you hate Obama so much (three guesses why that hatred is so much more intense in the South) that anyone you think has a shot at beating him is acceptable?

Was it the same story with Al Gore in 2000 - you just hated him so much that peace and prosperity were too high a price to pay for having a Democrat in the White House?

Thanks for your input.

I admire President Obama. I admire his intelligence, his competence, and his rationality and patience in the face of opponents who...well...let's just say they never quite signed on to the whole Earth being round thing. I find his attitudes and values similar to my own, and in many respects I find that he leads by example.

Do you, Romney supporters, feel the same way about your candidate? Does he inspire you? Are his values a higher example of your own?

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Are those your ideal "Americans"? If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

Returning to Romney, if you don't admire him, is it just that you hate Obama so much (three guesses why that hatred is so much more intense in the South) that anyone you think has a shot at beating him is acceptable?

Was it the same story with Al Gore in 2000 - you just hated him so much that peace and prosperity were too high a price to pay for having a Democrat in the White House?

Thanks for your input.

Ok once a sane person asks this question, I might be inclined to answer.

I hate Obama because he eats house pets.

He does? Ok...so, let's put SniperFire down for HATING our President because: "He eats house pets."

well_not_yet_anyway.jpg

Thanks for your input.

I hate Obama because he thinks eating Fluffy is cool.

Last edited:
I hate Obama because he eats house pets.

Lies like that don't count.

But, endlessly repeating the same lies about President Obama is a great way to cover up the lies that Mittens tells almost every single day.

That's the real problem with trying to find something to like or admire about Mittens - he lies. If we judge him by his own words and his own actions, there is only one possible conclusion : the man does not have an honest bone in his body.

Thanks for your input.

I hate Obama because he thinks eating Fluffy is cool.

President Obama thinks eating dogs is cool?
Where did you get PROOF of that?

Or, is it just another in the endless stream of lies from the right?

This is a basic difference between the left and right. The left bases their opinions on FACTS while the right just grabs every lie that comes along. The right is just a huge bunch of bobble heads with no brains, no discerning thought processes.

After last night I admire Romney. I noticed how he went behind the Constitution and Declaration of Independence to reference the concepts our founding documents were based on. He read what the Founding Fathers read. There was a lot of John Locke in that speech. It's something that the uneducated masses wouldn't notice since American history isn't taught anymore.

Forum List

Back