An alternate view of Aunt Jemima

Sho’ Nuff!

1713272985754.jpeg

Sure I can, but you already know why black folks hate that perception of mammy.
I do know

And I laid it out for you in post 58

You owe your freedom and American citizenship to white people and Aunt Jemima reminds you of that

I'm almost 50. I can honestly say I never heard even a disparaging word said about aunt jemima.

It was like Mrs buttersworth. A mascot representing someone pleasent to sell a syrup that had a memorable name and brand, and nothing more.

I'm almost 50. I can honestly say I never heard even a disparaging word said about aunt jemima.

It was like Mrs buttersworth. A mascot representing someone pleasent to sell a syrup that had a memorable name and brand, and nothing more.
Mrs Butterworth, a white mascot

I forgot about her

1713273526199.jpeg

Mrs Butterworth, a white mascot

I forgot about her

Black or white. I never paid attention, they were just neat product icons I remember from being a kid. I just liked the kindly older lady characters is all.

So a lovable Aunt Jemima or Uncle Ben is a no no despite the fact that the products they represented subtly inspired millions of children to see black people as lovable people.
So true!

Sadly, nowadays when we see how a lot of younger people of that background act, "lovable" does not come to mind.

Right, so now the name of Nancy Green will definately be forgotten, because people will no longer ask...hey whys there this picture of a black lady on the package?

I'm for not cancelling everything out because a few people are offended. That doesnt make anyone a hater. Sure you can find black people who will say they are offended, and you will find other ones who will tell you to STFU and leave it alone. Its all what you choose to look for and believe.
Jesus!

She was an actress.
She did NOTHING to promote the cause of racial equality.
In fact, every bit of her fame is based on supporting racism by reinforcing the stereotypes used by racists.

No wonder you're upset.
The symbols that support your bigotry are disappearing.

So is Col Sanders for KFC

If the company changed the name to Lacresha or Tanisha and dressed her like a prostitute walking the streets would it be ok then?

You have the same hangup with history that I pointed out to MarcATL

You owe your freedom and American citizenship to white people and Aunt Jemima reminds you of that
So much stupid and cowardice in one post I don't even know where to begin. :laugh:

Harland Sanders was the founder of KFC and he made himself a caricature and made a lot of money for himself doing so. Nancy Green was born a slave, used as a caricature for a white owned company that itself made lots of money while she was still working as a nanny at 76 years old.

You only being able to see black people as products or prostitutes says more about you than me.

I owe my freedom to nature. We are born free. The white Americans and their deplorable culture robbed people who looked like me of that freedom and the greatest Americans that ever lived used peace and dignity as weapons to cuckold your entire culture into submission in a way violence could never do. Every black and brown person who enjoys their natural freedom in this country today owes those great black Americans for their sacrifice.

You're just a coward and a cuck with arguments so thin that shining even the dimmest of lights let's you see through it.

Jesus!

She was an actress.
She did NOTHING to promote the cause of racial equality.
In fact, every bit of her fame is based on supporting racism by reinforcing the stereotypes used by racists.

No wonder you're upset.
The symbols that support your bigotry are disappearing.

OIP.Z_stJgC6bpj0-hjir17TEgHaHa

So much stupid and cowardice in one post I don't even know where to begin. :laugh:

Harland Sanders was the founder of KFC and he made himself a caricature and made a lot of money for himself doing so. Nancy Green was born a slave, used as a caricature for a white owned company that itself made lots of money while she was still working as a nanny at 76 years old.

You only being able to see black people as products or prostitutes says more about you than me.

I owe my freedom to nature. We are born free. The white Americans and their deplorable culture robbed people who looked like me of that freedom and the greatest Americans that ever lived used peace and dignity as weapons to cuckold your entire culture into submission in a way violence could never do. Every black and brown person who enjoys their natural freedom in this country today owes those great black Americans for their sacrifice.

You're just a coward and a cuck with arguments so thin that shining even the dimmest of lights let's you see through it.

Actually other Africans did that, because most white slavers waited at the coast to pick up their slaves as they would have likely died from diseases if they tried to penetrate the depths of Africa at the time.

Actually other Africans did that, because most white slavers waited at the coast to pick up their slaves as they would have likely died from diseases if they tried to penetrate the depths of Africa at the time.
When I see these posts I see white fragility and cowardice. Knee jerking about African slavers because you can't accept the deplorable actions of American Founders and culture isn't impressive. It's weak as fuck. But that's emblematic of your soft ass people.

So we should burn all the copies of Uncle Tom's Cabin because Uncle Tom is a derogatory term now?
Why would you do that?
It was a historic novel showing the plight of slaves to white America
Uncle Tom sold out his dignity to please his white masters

When I see these posts I see white fragility and cowardice. Knee jerking about African slavers because you can accept the deplorable actions of American Founders and culture isn't impressive. It's weak as fuck. But that's emblematic of your soft ass people.

What you see is the facts from history you don't like, so you go on with the standard SJW speak using the standard SJW buzzwords.

Predictable and Pathetic.

Why would you do that?
It was a historic novel showing the plight of slaves to white America
Uncle Tom sold out his dignity to please his white masters

It's a bad word, so by your logic in your previous post, it has to go.

Only idiots saw Aunt Jemima as something to deride, most people saw her and thought pancakes.

What you see is the facts from history you don't like, so you go on with the standard SJW speak using the standard SJW buzzwords.

Predictable and Pathetic.
It's not me for whom slave history begins and ends in Africa. That's you soft little bitches. :laugh:

Forum List

Back