America’s 10 worst states to live and work in for 2023

The very worst of all is................Texas!
"With the nation’s highest percentage of people without health insurance and the second lowest number of primary care physicians per capita, all those new Texans are arriving to find a dismal health care system. Texas has the nation’s thirteenth-highest violent crime rate, and it ranks thirty seventh for licensed childcare facilities per capita."

California is not even on the top 10 worst!
I wasn't paying attention and thought it was the 10 BEST states to live and when I saw the list I thought wtf is going on here :laugh:

"With the nation’s highest percentage of people without health insurance and the second lowest number of primary care physicians per capita, all those new Texans are arriving to find a dismal health care system. Texas has the nation’s thirteenth-highest violent crime rate, and it ranks thirty seventh for licensed childcare facilities per capita."
So move there. I lived there for 47 years and I can tell from first hand experience, CA is in the top 5 worst states in the nation along with NY, MA, MI, and a toss up between IL and MN.

So move there. I lived there for 47 years and I can tell from first hand experience, CA is in the top 5 worst states in the nation along with NY, MA, MI, and a toss up between IL and MN.
So if you lived there, how can you compare it to Texas or Oklahoma? Did you live in all 50 states at a time? A study cannot be conducted by one person (And a conservative who loves red states) saying "I lived there".
Get out of here with your nonsense.

did you ever notice the country sides of california are loaded with small towns and people , while places like texas and OK have huge tracts of empty land with miles and miles between towns and people??

why do I always feel sticky after talking to you??
this guy is so desperate that he just claimed everyone Texas lives in urban spaces. that's a lie.
And by the way, will you lie about Oklahoma too?
You lost. Give it up.

What a hoax of a story. All of the the criteria they used to decide is leftist criteria. People are fleeing California to Texas by the truckloads and of course, these lefties make it look like everyone is doing the opposite when they aren't.

My ass Texas is the worst. If the worthless Joe Biden admin would shut the fucking border and remove the millions of illegals that have infested that state, the hospitals wouldnt be full to the brim with sickly diseased people who shouldnt be there.

When you look at all the Democrap run cities in Texas there is where all the crime is coming from. Just like all the Democrap run cities like SF, LA, NYC and Cin, all shitholes now thanks to Marxists policies. May a drunken illegal T-Bone your car some day....Karma is a bitch...

Your word is questionable my friend. You seem to have a bad attitude about anything good about America.

California, Oregon, and Washington are as good as it gets in America now. And further north is much better.

Cute poll from cdnc…but people can’t simply look at how people are fleeing California and voting with their feet to know Cali sucks to live in today

So if you lived there, how can you compare it to Texas or Oklahoma? Did you live in all 50 states at a time? A study cannot be conducted by one person (And a conservative who loves red states) saying "I lived there".
Get out of here with your nonsense.
You assume much moron. No, I have lived in IL, TX, NM, AZ, WA, FL, IN, OH as well as four foreign countries in my life. WTF do you know from GA? LMAO

If you were homeless wouldn't you want to be in a state that has good safety net public services, where you could get a meal and shelter when you need it?

Or would you rather be in a shithole Red state where they spit on you and arrest you and treat you like shit, and don't have any money for public services?
IMG_2908.jpeg

Take your pick, you can’t go wrong

Last edited:
Conservatives are actually proud of this – that Republican-controlled states are such third-world hellholes, the enormous gap between a wealthy, well-to-do minority at the top and the majority at the bottom who continue to suffer from chronic poverty and deprivation, as if it’s ‘validation’ of failed conservative economic dogma.

You just described blue states and cities, not red states, you doofus....

All Red states. There are reasons for that. Some are the stifling of freedom. Some are government intrusion into personal life and decisions. Some are horrific infrastructure, due to Republican neglect. Some are terrible public services, from electrical grid to policing to the absence of hospitals for long distances.

America’s 10 worst states to live and work in for 2023

• A critical nationwide worker shortage has companies locating and expanding in places where workers want to live, but culture war politics are complicating the equation.
  • CNBC’s annual ranking of state business climates considers Life, Health and Inclusion as one of ten categories of competitiveness.
  • The study measures quality of life issues including crime, health care, childcare and health care, as well as inclusive policies on discrimination and reproductive rights.

With nearly twice as many job openings nationwide as there are workers available to fill them, companies are setting up shop where the workers are.

Each year, as part of our overall assessment of state business climates, CNBC’s America’s Top States for Business study considers how welcoming each state is to workers and their families.

Life, Health and Inclusion is one of the study’s ten categories of competitiveness. And this year, with the nationwide worker shortage so severe, the category is taking on increased importance in our methodology.

We consider multiple quality of life factors, including crime rates, environmental quality, and health care. We also look at the quality and availability of childcare, which is one of the most important factors in getting parents back into the workforce.

1. Texas
  2. Oklahoma
  3. Louisiana
  4. South Carolina
  5. Alabama
  6. Missouri
  7. Indiana
  8. Tennessee
  9. Arkansas
  10. Florida

There are explanations for each choice at the link.
So much for California being the worst.

Forum List

Back