American soldiers banned from Italian main street after vicious brawl

Not sure what you mean. The article seems to describe a small town overwhelmed by a flood of young men from a different culture.

Could be anything from the locals being assholes to the soldiers being vicious thugs. Can't tell from the article or the responses.

• Banned
Could be anything from the locals being assholes to the soldiers being vicious thugs. Can't tell from the article or the responses.
The Military are US Ambassadors, first and foremost- the comments expressed their experience with their service and how they were disciplined in local dust-ups-

The Military are US Ambassadors, first and foremost- the comments expressed their experience with their service and how they were disciplined in local dust-ups-

It discussed how things were done in the past.

It could be that the Italian press has been whipping up a hate for America, because of their hate of the President.

Really not a lot of information in the article.

It could be that the Italian press has been whipping up a hate for America, because of their hate of the President.

You've never served overseas at a U.S. Military base have you?

Nope. Does that change the fact that there was not much information in the article?

• Banned
Nope. Does that change the fact that there was not much information in the article?
There wasn't for sure- but when does that stop it from being featured, or forming an opinion?
Given our proclivity to superiority I'd have to say, with booze involved, some soldiers tried to prove just how bad they were- and apparently the Base Commander thought some disciplining was necessary-

Neither have you, so why ask?

Why are there US service people in Italy?

Can’t they take care of themselves?

Think about it, The Italian government has the balls to ban American Serviceman from certain areas after a brawl but the freaking Pentagon still can't bring themselves to ban radicalized foreign students from flight school after the Pensacola atrocity.

Think about it, The Italian government has the balls to ban American Serviceman from certain areas after a brawl but the freaking Pentagon still can't bring themselves to ban radicalized foreign students from flight school after the Pensacola atrocity.

My God, you people need remedial reading lessons. The base commander banned them, not the Italians.

Also, did you know he was radicalized? If so, why didn't you report it?

I have whats your point ?

U.S. soldiers have no business being stationed in Italy.

There wasn't for sure- but when does that stop it from being featured, or forming an opinion?
Given our proclivity to superiority I'd have to say, with booze involved, some soldiers tried to prove just how bad they were- and apparently the Base Commander thought some disciplining was necessary-

Forming an opinion, with "not much information", is generally a bad idea.

All you did there, was reveal your general negative opinion of America and American soldiers. You read into the poor article, your prejudices.

Me? I revealed that I am skeptical of news sources, and the job they do and open to the possibility of bad behavior from either the Italian population OR American soliders.

Forming an opinion, with "not much information", is generally a bad idea.

All you did there, was reveal your general negative opinion of America and American soldiers. You read into the poor article, your prejudices.

Me? I revealed that I am skeptical of news sources, and the job they do and open to the possibility of bad behavior from either the Italian population OR American soliders.

Ok- and? I do have a negative opinion of America's proclivity for superiority- since you're perfect, I'll try to remember to run things by you before I use up any band width- how's that. bwana? That aside soldiers are visitors which protocol demands respecting the owners wishes- regardless of the situation. If they don't like the rules, leave and visit somewhere else- how hard is that to grasp?

Forum List

Back