American soldiers banned from Italian main street after vicious brawl

Forming an opinion, with "not much information", is generally a bad idea.

All you did there, was reveal your general negative opinion of America and American soldiers. You read into the poor article, your prejudices.

Me? I revealed that I am skeptical of news sources, and the job they do and open to the possibility of bad behavior from either the Italian population OR American soliders.

Ok- and? I do have a negative opinion of America's proclivity for superiority- since you're perfect, I'll try to remember to run things by you before I use up any band width- how's that. bwana? That aside soldiers are visitors which protocol demands respecting the owners wishes- regardless of the situation. If they don't like the rules, leave and visit somewhere else- how hard is that to grasp?

Having a clear eye, in this specific case, with these specific factors in play, does not make me perfect.

I like that you do not deny your bias. That is good.

Anywho, I hope that this is handled well. If anyone has any links with more details that might be interesting.

Personally, I'm just about done with NATO.

I would be happy to see the troops come home.

Could be anything from the locals being assholes to the soldiers being vicious thugs. Can't tell from the article or the responses.
The Military are US Ambassadors, first and foremost- the comments expressed their experience with their service and how they were disciplined in local dust-ups-

It discussed how things were done in the past.

It could be that the Italian press has been whipping up a hate for America, because of their hate of the President.

Really not a lot of information in the article.
You've never served overseas at a U.S. Military base have you?

Nope. Does that change the fact that there was not much information in the article?
Then you don't have a clue that conflict between U.S. military and locals is a common thing, especially when a soldier/sailor does something stupid....like rape a local.

Forming an opinion, with "not much information", is generally a bad idea.

All you did there, was reveal your general negative opinion of America and American soldiers. You read into the poor article, your prejudices.

Me? I revealed that I am skeptical of news sources, and the job they do and open to the possibility of bad behavior from either the Italian population OR American soliders.

Ok- and? I do have a negative opinion of America's proclivity for superiority- since you're perfect, I'll try to remember to run things by you before I use up any band width- how's that. bwana? That aside soldiers are visitors which protocol demands respecting the owners wishes- regardless of the situation. If they don't like the rules, leave and visit somewhere else- how hard is that to grasp?

Having a clear eye, in this specific case, with these specific factors in play, does not make me perfect.

I like that you do not deny your bias. That is good.

Anywho, I hope that this is handled well. If anyone has any links with more details that might be interesting.

Personally, I'm just about done with NATO.

I would be happy to see the troops come home.

Why should they come home? Part of the reason they are there is so they won't have to travel as far to get to where the action is!

Do you know how long it takes to transport a unit from the US to a hot spot in the world? My daughter's cavalry unit took about two months to get all their equipment to Iraq and Kuwait and another two months getting it back! The equipment goes by ship! which is not the fastest mode of transportation.

Could be anything from the locals being assholes to the soldiers being vicious thugs. Can't tell from the article or the responses.
The Military are US Ambassadors, first and foremost- the comments expressed their experience with their service and how they were disciplined in local dust-ups-

It could be that the Italian press has been whipping up a hate for America, because of their hate of the President.

Nope. Does that change the fact that there was not much information in the article?
Then you don't have a clue that conflict between U.S. military and locals is a common thing, especially when a soldier/sailor does something stupid....like rape a local.

Actually, I did know that. There is this thing called "reading" and I have "read" of multiple examples of that type of thing, over the years, and I "remembered it".

I know this is alien to you.

My point that we dont' know if anything like that, happened here, stands.

Actually, I did know that. There is this thing called "reading" and I have "read" of multiple examples of that type of thing, over the years, and I "remembered it".

I know this is alien to you.

My point that we dont' know if anything like that, happened here, stands.
So...you admit to not knowing anything about this case and yet getting faux outraged. Gotcha. :113:

Not sure what you mean. The article seems to describe a small town overwhelmed by a flood of young men from a different culture.

It's looking like drunken brawls......a mainstay of young soldiers and sailors.

Why do we even have the military in Italy?

Does the term Benghazi ring a bell? We have Air Force, Army and Navy all stationed in Italy.
Screw the middle east and we can bring the troops home. Would not make one bit of difference in the security of the United States

Libya is not in the Middle East. It is in Africa, directly across the Med from Italy and was once an Italian colony. More ignorance on your part?

Does the term Benghazi ring a bell? We have Air Force, Army and Navy all stationed in Italy.
Screw the middle east and we can bring the troops home. Would not make one bit of difference in the security of the United States

Libya is not in the Middle East. It is in Africa, directly across the Med from Italy and was once an Italian colony. More ignorance on your part?

I took the remark about Benghazi to point out that we have soldiers stationed around the globe to make it easier for us to stir war and discontent in that part of the world.

Middle east or Africa who cares. Not our circus not our monkeys so f*ck them

Our Americans in Benghazi are not our business? Tell that to the families of those who died because Hillary would not do anything.

Our Americans in Benghazi are not our business? Tell that to the families of those who died because Hillary would not do anything.

You can only feel so sorry for people who were running guns to people who ended up using those weapons against our soldiers.

Forum List

Back