American soldiers banned from Italian main street after vicious brawl

Why do we even have the military in Italy?

Does the term Benghazi ring a bell? We have Air Force, Army and Navy all stationed in Italy.
Screw the middle east and we can bring the troops home. Would not make one bit of difference in the security of the United States

Libya is not in the Middle East. It is in Africa, directly across the Med from Italy and was once an Italian colony. More ignorance on your part?

Middle east or Africa who cares. Not our circus not our monkeys so f*ck them

Our Americans in Benghazi are not our business? Tell that to the families of those who died because Hillary would not do anything.

If we were not working on regime change then Benghazi would never have happened. The US needs to take care of matters inside our borders before we go off telling others how to run their countries

Why are there US service people in Italy?

Can’t they take care of themselves?
NOOP. Like Pennsuckhola-no bullets allowed.....unless you're a Saudi
Some security we have here in the states on our military bases

That's funny! The shooter was killed by a Sheriff's deputy. I guess he just thew rocks at him.

yeah it is funny asswipe, I was referring to how bad the vetting was on the Saudi by the military and not the aim of the sheriff

Does the term Benghazi ring a bell? We have Air Force, Army and Navy all stationed in Italy.
Screw the middle east and we can bring the troops home. Would not make one bit of difference in the security of the United States

Libya is not in the Middle East. It is in Africa, directly across the Med from Italy and was once an Italian colony. More ignorance on your part?

Our Americans in Benghazi are not our business? Tell that to the families of those who died because Hillary would not do anything.

If we were not working on regime change then Benghazi would never have happened. The US needs to take care of matters inside our borders before we go off telling others how to run their countries

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.
no it is not, it is the root of the problem...

That's funny! The shooter was killed by a Sheriff's deputy. I guess he just thew rocks at him.

yeah it is funny asswipe, I was referring to how bad the vetting was on the Saudi by the military and not the aim of the sheriff

How do you know they messed up the vetting?

Irrelevant.
no it is not, it is the root of the problem...

Says you.

How do you know they messed up the vetting?
Seriously? I think the shooting speaks volumes about their vetting

Could be anything from the locals being assholes to the soldiers being vicious thugs. Can't tell from the article or the responses.
The Military are US Ambassadors, first and foremost- the comments expressed their experience with their service and how they were disciplined in local dust-ups-

It discussed how things were done in the past.

It could be that the Italian press has been whipping up a hate for America, because of their hate of the President.

Really not a lot of information in the article.
You've never served overseas at a U.S. Military base have you?

Nope. Does that change the fact that there was not much information in the article?
Then you don't have a clue that conflict between U.S. military and locals is a common thing, especially when a soldier/sailor does something stupid....like rape a local.

US Soldiers have a lower crime rate than the rest of the indigenous population.

Be sure and read the comments- and tell us all how wonderful things are

Sounds like a few local punks started some shit, and got a little beat down because of it.

Apparently our soldiers are supposed to just get pushed around and bullied when out and about.

We would not allow foreign soldiers here.
If we were smart we would not but apparently we do
does the Pensacola shooting ring a bell?

Sounds like a few local punks started some shit, and got a little beat down because of it.

Apparently our soldiers are supposed to just get pushed around and bullied when out and about.

It's minor compared to what is coming.

It's minor compared to what is coming.
Please tell us more Alex

It discussed how things were done in the past.

It could be that the Italian press has been whipping up a hate for America, because of their hate of the President.

Really not a lot of information in the article.
You've never served overseas at a U.S. Military base have you?

Nope. Does that change the fact that there was not much information in the article?
Then you don't have a clue that conflict between U.S. military and locals is a common thing, especially when a soldier/sailor does something stupid....like rape a local.

Actually, I did know that. There is this thing called "reading" and I have "read" of multiple examples of that type of thing, over the years, and I "remembered it".

I know this is alien to you.

My point that we dont' know if anything like that, happened here, stands.
So...you admit to not knowing anything about this case and yet getting faux outraged. Gotcha. :113:

I know the article contained little information, and thus I don't know much about what is going on in that town.

And neither do you. Or anyone in this thread.

That was my point. So, yes, I "admit" that. YOu got me. In the Iron Grip of your Logic.

So, now that you "got me", what do you think about my point?

Not sure what you mean. The article seems to describe a small town overwhelmed by a flood of young men from a different culture.

Could be anything from the locals being assholes to the soldiers being vicious thugs. Can't tell from the article or the responses.
It's looking like drunken brawls......a mainstay of young soldiers and sailors.

How do you know, from the information provided, that it was not the locals being assholes?

Forum List

Back