American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

what's not to love here my friends?

Ms. Vera Lynn - "A kiss to build a dream on"

:mm:I Wanna Be A Minstrel Man (1934)
I just love Harold Nicholas kid! :eusa_dance: from the movie "Kid Millions"

You look at me and wonder, you look at me and doubt, darling your eyes are asking, "will the flame burn out?" Well, no one is sure of sun shine, no one is sure of dawn, but I am sure my love will live on and on.
I'll be tired of you when stars are tired of gleaming, when I am tired of dreaming, then I'll be tired of you. This I know is true, when winds are tired of blowing, when grass is tired of growing, then I'll be tired of you. Beyond the years, 'til day is night, 'til wrong is right,'til birds refuse to sing, beyond the years, the echo of my only love
will still be whispering, whispering. And if my throbbing heart should ever start repeating that it is tired of beating, then I'll be tired of you.

Music by Arthur Schwartz, lyrics by E.Y. Harburg (Isidore Hochberg, who also wrote, "Over the Rainbow").

What a beautiful song, of many in your thread. My favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you kindly Ria_Longhorn! I do appreciate your kinds words and also your good taste! :2up:

Hope you like this one too... the amazing Al Bowlly, from across the pond, is the vocalist....love this song so much...one of my latest favorites songs!

I like it! Thanks, Skye.

You look at me and wonder, you look at me and doubt, darling your eyes are asking, "will the flame burn out?" Well, no one is sure of sun shine, no one is sure of dawn, but I am sure my love will live on and on.
I'll be tired of you when stars are tired of gleaming, when I am tired of dreaming, then I'll be tired of you. This I know is true, when winds are tired of blowing, when grass is tired of growing, then I'll be tired of you. Beyond the years, 'til day is night, 'til wrong is right,'til birds refuse to sing, beyond the years, the echo of my only love
will still be whispering, whispering. And if my throbbing heart should ever start repeating that it is tired of beating, then I'll be tired of you.

Music by Arthur Schwartz, lyrics by E.Y. Harburg (Isidore Hochberg, who also wrote, "Over the Rainbow").

What a beautiful song, of many in your thread. My favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you kindly Ria_Longhorn! I do appreciate your kinds words and also your good taste! :2up:

Hope you like this one too... the amazing Al Bowlly, from across the pond, is the vocalist....love this song so much...one of my latest favorites songs!

I like it! Thanks, Skye.

You are welcome! :)

A bit of vintage country? yes? ok! 1950s in glorious black and white for you my friends! :eusa_dance:

Hank Williams - Hey Good Lookin'

Hollywood is all gone and dead now....surely you understand this..... this is the past ....this is 1930s ...not stupid communist totalitarian Hollywood today

As long as you understand that Hollywood today is dead........and we are singing about the past....all is good with the world!;)

I've posted 1930s from France and from Italy.....here is one from Germany

Swing from Berlin Küss mich! Bitte bitte küss mich!

Just coming back this week from a very short holiday in South America.... must say...I love their vintage music.... from back then....1930s ...gorgeous! :2up:

and ...he was the best
Carlos Gardel "Volver"

Hearing vintage 1950s Xavier Cougat .....while I was last week on holidays in South America with family.....:mm:....

me ... by the Sheraton pool after a delish buffet.....:D

Friends.....

american band -The Ventures-wooohohooo LOL with Perfidia. 1960....again Muah to all of you! haaaaa:10::04:

You Oughta Be In Pictures - Al Bowlly

the lyrics from the 30s are so amazing....how gorgeous is that?:biggrin:

"You ought to shine as brightly

As Jupiter and Mars

You ought to be in pictures

My star of stars "

wowwwww:2up:

Forum List

Back