American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

I'm loving this song and vocalist!

Teach Me Tonight by Dinah Washington 1954

Lullaby of Broadway - Excerpt - Busby Berkeley- 1935

what the heck....early 1960s.... we like very much too :2up:

what a treat! 40s 50s early 60s.....great music all over!!! :2up:

Elvis Presley - Treat Me Nice

All credit goes to the early/ mid 1960s...................we love it!................:5_1_12024:

I am told that the movie Broadway Melody of 1936 was bad even in 1936 (I never saw it, have you?), But I love the song, the milk man is on his way...Perhaps we should steer this thread in different direction. Bad musicals with great songs? I love that song Hard knock life...from little orphan annie. '
We LOVE you miss Hannigan!

Last edited:
and then ....

the beautiful version from Nat King Cole.....

it brings back all the past....in such a wonderful way! he was amazing! he belongs in our past....in our childhood.......thank you Nat King Cole! bless!

this is new - 1960 is the year.... but very lovely nevertheless....such a typical sound of the era...love

Frank Wess - Star Eyes

You look at me and wonder, you look at me and doubt, darling your eyes are asking, "will the flame burn out?" Well, no one is sure of sun shine, no one is sure of dawn, but I am sure my love will live on and on.
I'll be tired of you when stars are tired of gleaming, when I am tired of dreaming, then I'll be tired of you. This I know is true, when winds are tired of blowing, when grass is tired of growing, then I'll be tired of you. Beyond the years, 'til day is night, 'til wrong is right,'til birds refuse to sing, beyond the years, the echo of my only love
will still be whispering, whispering. And if my throbbing heart should ever start repeating that it is tired of beating, then I'll be tired of you.

Music by Arthur Schwartz, lyrics by E.Y. Harburg (Isidore Hochberg, who also wrote, "Over the Rainbow").

What a beautiful song, of many in your thread. My favorite. Thanks for sharing.

You look at me and wonder, you look at me and doubt, darling your eyes are asking, "will the flame burn out?" Well, no one is sure of sun shine, no one is sure of dawn, but I am sure my love will live on and on.
I'll be tired of you when stars are tired of gleaming, when I am tired of dreaming, then I'll be tired of you. This I know is true, when winds are tired of blowing, when grass is tired of growing, then I'll be tired of you. Beyond the years, 'til day is night, 'til wrong is right,'til birds refuse to sing, beyond the years, the echo of my only love
will still be whispering, whispering. And if my throbbing heart should ever start repeating that it is tired of beating, then I'll be tired of you.

Music by Arthur Schwartz, lyrics by E.Y. Harburg (Isidore Hochberg, who also wrote, "Over the Rainbow").

What a beautiful song, of many in your thread. My favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you kindly Ria_Longhorn! I do appreciate your kinds words and also your good taste! :2up:

Hope you like this one too... the amazing Al Bowlly, from across the pond, is the vocalist....love this song so much...one of my latest favorites songs!

same song ^^^^^

with adorable and sexy Bob Hoskins (for me) I miss him so very much.......... sad:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: I do

Dennis Potter's "Pennies From Heaven" (1978) Al Bowlly and Lew Stone - "You Couldn't Be Cuter"

Life is a sad affair....when everybody you like dies.:(

Last edited:
THE GIRL WITH LIGHT BLUE HAIR - Adrian Rollini Trio

bloody hell LOL this is new... early 1960s... it was a nice tune :D

Cliff Richard - Maria No Mas *

Forum List

Back