America wants Dems to control Congress

All your points have been refuted, ad naseum.

Then don't read it. These boards are for discussion. If you don't want to hear everyones opinion or don't want to discuss on a DISCUSSION BOARD... then go somewhere else.

Plus you can't refute the "meat" of my post, so you just dismiss me.

Typical Liberal......

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Then don't read it. These boards are for discussion. If you don't want to hear everyones opinion or don't want to discuss on a DISCUSSION BOARD... then go somewhere else.

Plus you can't refute the "meat" of my post, so you just dismiss me.

Typical Liberal......

I'm not dismissing you. Each of your points has already been addressed. You've just repeated them.

I just read the entire thread again. None of my points were discussed.

Unless there are invisible posts I didn't see :lol:

lol, I guess I'm getting threads mixed up.

Basically, the Dems can't get anything passed because they don't have the votes. And yes, this poll just reflects the mood of the country from before the 2006 election...only people are even more convinced that it's the Dems turn to be in power.

Your view seems to be the Republicans suck but the Democrats suck more and you seem to be happy that the Republicans are able to prevent the Democrats from doing anything.

Just wait. The Republicans are going to lose, and lose BIG.

Your view seems to be the Republicans suck but the Democrats suck more and you seem to be happy that the Republicans are able to prevent the Democrats from doing anything.

It's called "democracy" . By the way, that very same prediction was made just before the last Congressional elections and the Repubs are still there in enough numbers (according to you) to paralyze the Dems.

All I have seen is a huge guess that the Republicans will lose big because of a large number of retirements. I think that the Democrats will keep the majority in Congress, however they won't get a 60 seat majority for the Senate, which will in turn keep the minority party strong.

It's called "democracy" . By the way, that very same prediction was made just before the last Congressional elections and the Repubs are still there in enough numbers (according to you) to paralyze the Dems.

That's true. Last I read the Dems are expecting to pick up something like 50 more in the house. And a lot of the Republicans have been retiring.

You'll see.

It sampled only 1,000 people out of over 300 million, and you take this as absolute fact? This is laughable.

First, most national polls only survey about a thousand people. In a scientific survey, that is about all you need for a fairly accurate representation. And if it is laughable that statistical methodologies used to assess the mood and opinions of the country, then we can assume that all media, political parties, large marketing companies, etc., have been wasting money for decades. Those fools.

Second, if one has even a basic understanding of statistics, one knows that polls are not absolute fact. Instead, they are a statistical sample within a confidence interval. They represent an approximation of which we can be reasonably though not absolutely certain is accurate. And generally, the more conclusive the survey, the more accurate the approximation.

Again, I am VERY SKEPTICAL of polls. There are very few polls that are accurate. Polls from this presidential election have been all over the place. Nation polls show Obama ahead, while state-by-state polls show McCain winning the electoral college. Some are accurate and can gauge the political climate somewhat accurately. I am very skeptical of the ones controlled by the Liberal Media, as well as ones controlled by Republicans. There are very few "objective" polling agencies, and this one isn't one of them.

You should have thought of that before you crawled up Bush's butt.

Sorry... the only butt crawling here is you up husseins brown eye. I probably hate bush as much as you do.

So now that you've made yourself look like an idiot for assuming, what's your next trick? You going to tell us abortion isn't murder?

You and three other assholes sipping beers in the basement as you alternatively give each other circle jerks and unload and reload your guns does not a civil war make.

Sounds fun... and then you show up we make a fucking canoe out of your filthy, stinking, liberal skull with our first shot maggot.

Last edited:
Again, I am VERY SKEPTICAL of polls. There are very few polls that are accurate. Polls from this presidential election have been all over the place. Nation polls show Obama ahead, while state-by-state polls show McCain winning the electoral college. Some are accurate and can gauge the political climate somewhat accurately. I am very skeptical of the ones controlled by the Liberal Media, as well as ones controlled by Republicans. There are very few "objective" polling agencies, and this one isn't one of them.

Considering that the Wall Street Journal is one of the most right-wing media institutions in the country, perhaps the poll is underestimating the Democrats strength then, right?

The best way to use polls, like any statistical sample, is to see what multiple polls are telling us. Multiple polls are more accurate than a single poll.

Dems expected Kerry to win and for the Dems to take control of congress in 2004...

Whoops.....

That has what to do with polling?

I tracked the polls closely before the 2004 election. That is not what the polls were saying. Right up into the election, the polls were saying that Bush was going to win by 2-3%. And that's what happened.

That has what to do with polling?

I tracked the polls closely before the 2004 election. That is not what the polls were saying. Right up into the election, the polls were saying that Bush was going to win by 2-3%. And that's what happened.

NO. Absolutely wrong. Polls had Kerry beating Bush right up until about a month before. THEN all of a sudden Bush was going to win.

I followed the election because I was helping out with the election in my state.

:lol: Making up statistics won't get by with me :lol:

NO. Absolutely wrong. Polls had Kerry beating Bush right up until about a month before. THEN all of a sudden Bush was going to win.

I followed the election because I was helping out with the election in my state.

:lol: Making up statistics won't get by with me :lol:

Here are the polls.

White House 2004

As you can see, Bush was leading most of the time. Bush was ahead up until the debates, then Kerry pulled even. But in the last few weeks, Bush moved back in front.

Pollsters use likely voters, not registered voters because it more accurately reflects the actual outcome of the election since what matters is who votes.

Here are the polls.

White House 2004

As you can see, Bush was leading most of the time. Bush was ahead up until the debates, then Kerry pulled even. But in the last few weeks, Bush moved back in front.

Pollsters use likely voters, not registered voters because it more accurately reflects the actual outcome of the election since what matters is who votes.

There are good polls here, but no where near the amount of polls that exist.

The Liberal Media only reported the ones that showed Kerry ahead, but he was expected to win in 04. Whoops....

And the WSJ..... not as conservative as you might think.

I read it daily........

Yep. I think they realize that the Republicans still have the power to shoot down anything the Dems try to get done. Republicans are viewed by many as partisan hacks and most people understand that the Dems need a super majority in Congress to get anything done.

can you get me a list of all the bills the dem controlled congress tried to pass that were shot down by the pubs over the past to years.....

Sorry... the only butt crawling here is you up husseins brown eye. I probably hate bush as much as you do.

So now that you've made yourself look like an idiot for assuming, what's your next trick? You going to tell us abortion isn't murder?

Oh, you too, huh? If you don't agree with the Bush-bashing 'round here, you're up his bet. Leftwingbot Rule #2,437.

Oh, you too, huh? If you don't agree with the Bush-bashing 'round here, you're up his bet. Leftwingbot Rule #2,437.

This board sure has a few winners Gunny... straight from the pages of the D.U. and moveon.org, and they're sassy little pricks too.

Forum List

Back