America wants Dems to control Congress

Lol, in light of all that's been accomplished by the dems in control for the past two years? Both parties are worthless anymore.

Yep. I think they realize that the Republicans still have the power to shoot down anything the Dems try to get done. Republicans are viewed by many as partisan hacks and most people understand that the Dems need a super majority in Congress to get anything done.

Yep. I think they realize that the Republicans still have the power to shoot down anything the Dems try to get done. Republicans are viewed by many as partisan hacks and most people understand that the Dems need a super majority in Congress to get anything done.

Both are partisan hacks.

This is too funny. I suppose most view Democrats as something other than partisan hacks.

It was only a couple of years ago that some on this board were promising sweeping changes just as soon as the dems got a majority in Congress; now some of those same posters are whining that they dont have a 'super majority'. I am waiting for the day when the posters on this board advocate outlawing the republican party and handing complete authority to the dems....that seems to be the only way anything will get done.

Dems had total control prior to 94 going back approx 40 years. This is when the nanny state started. The R's and Clinton, the dems and Reagan, worked together on a lot of issues, each forcing the other's hand. Then total control again, by the R's in 2000. The term absolute control breeds absolute corruption applies regardless what party one refers to and it will happen again if the dems gain all three. Regardless, the ideologies, or lack thereof, will limit Obama or McCain to one term, imo.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Dems had total control prior to 94 going back approx 40 years. This is when the nanny state started. The R's and Clinton, the dems and Reagan, worked together on a lot of issues, each forcing the other's hand. Then total control again, by the R's in 2000. The term absolute control breeds absolute corruption applies regardless what party one refers to and it will happen again if the dems gain all three. Regardless, the ideologies, or lack thereof, will limit Obama or McCain to one term, imo.

I agree with you, I like a balance. I'd actually be okay if McCain won the presidency because I'm almost positive the Dems will get a super majority.

"If" the dems ever did get a super majority, you would also witness then the collapse of America and Civil War II would ensue.

"If" the dems ever did get a super majority, you would also witness then the collapse of America and Civil War II would ensue.

You and three other assholes sipping beers in the basement as you alternatively give each other circle jerks and unload and reload your guns does not a civil war make.

You and three other assholes sipping beers in the basement as you alternatively give each other circle jerks and unload and reload your guns does not a civil war make.

Although it might make for an unfortunate *cough* accident. :eusa_shifty:

That poll is soooo inaccurate, just like the rest.

It sampled only 1,000 people out of over 300 million, and you take this as absolute fact? This is laughable.

I agree, President Bush is looked upon negatively. Republicans as well. As a conservative, I am very upset with my party. However, the Democrats promised sweeping change. We would be out of Iraq already. Gas prices would be lowered. The economy would be great.

Now it seems that with the very Liberal leadership in the House, and even the Senate, EVERYTHING has gone down the tubes. We are still in Iraq (because we need to finish the job), gas prices are the highest ever. The economy is growing more slowly than previous. Where is all this sweeping change? THANK GOD that the Republicans have been able to stop the Liberals from jamming legislation through like the Windfall taxes, the Cap and Trade bill, the withdraw and DEFEAT from Iraq, etc. How dare the Democrats say the Republicans are destroying America. Look at what they want to do. Raise taxes, make businesses more expensive to operate, they wont let us drill for oil when we need it the most, and they want to run away from commitments. What happened to integrity? The Democrats pontificated that they were the answer to every problem. Instead, the Dems have been unable to change anything, except to make things worse.

Instead of doing Americas business, they are still working 4 days a week. They are wasting time attempting to impeach President Bush, when he has not committed ANY impeachable offense. It took 5 hours to read the bill to impeach Bush. There were five hours where they could have voted on tax relief, oil drilling, or anything else as business for Americans.

Believe me, I am frustrated with both parties. However, the Democratic Party is NOT the answer. The Republicans are not the answer either, but they have much better ideas. Instead, Liberals destroy the agenda, and place America where it is today. Gas prices are both OPEC's fault, and the fault of liberals. We have restrictions on oil for each region. We have taxes that are out of this world. All because of liberal ideas. Regulation hurts American Business.

CURRENT LIBERAL IDEAS ARE BAD FOR AMERICA. The 110th LIBERAL Controlled Congress has proved that.

That poll is soooo inaccurate, just like the rest.

It sampled only 1,000 people out of over 300 million, and you take this as absolute fact? This is laughable.

I agree, President Bush is looked upon negatively. Republicans as well. As a conservative, I am very upset with my party. However, the Democrats promised sweeping change. We would be out of Iraq already. Gas prices would be lowered. The economy would be great.

Now it seems that with the very Liberal leadership in the House, and even the Senate, EVERYTHING has gone down the tubes. We are still in Iraq (because we need to finish the job), gas prices are the highest ever. The economy is growing more slowly than previous. Where is all this sweeping change? THANK GOD that the Republicans have been able to stop the Liberals from jamming legislation through like the Windfall taxes, the Cap and Trade bill, the withdraw and DEFEAT from Iraq, etc. How dare the Democrats say the Republicans are destroying America. Look at what they want to do. Raise taxes, make businesses more expensive to operate, they wont let us drill for oil when we need it the most, and they want to run away from commitments. What happened to integrity? The Democrats pontificated that they were the answer to every problem. Instead, the Dems have been unable to change anything, except to make things worse.

Instead of doing Americas business, they are still working 4 days a week. They are wasting time attempting to impeach President Bush, when he has not committed ANY impeachable offense. It took 5 hours to read the bill to impeach Bush. There were five hours where they could have voted on tax relief, oil drilling, or anything else as business for Americans.

Believe me, I am frustrated with both parties. However, the Democratic Party is NOT the answer. The Republicans are not the answer either, but they have much better ideas. Instead, Liberals destroy the agenda, and place America where it is today. Gas prices are both OPEC's fault, and the fault of liberals. We have restrictions on oil for each region. We have taxes that are out of this world. All because of liberal ideas. Regulation hurts American Business.

CURRENT LIBERAL IDEAS ARE BAD FOR AMERICA. The 110th LIBERAL Controlled Congress has proved that.

All your points have been refuted, ad naseum.

Forum List

Back