"America Has Declared War on Success"

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
With the unreasonable taxes on those that are successful how can anyone think it is anything less that a declaration of war against the successful in this country. We have seen propaganda for some time in the media against the wealthy with exception of the movie industry.

I have a grandson in school at this time and he makes very good grades. There must be a way to prepare him for this future America. Perhaps he should recieve "time out" when he aces a test. Perhaps we should remove points off his test score and give it to one of the children that does not do the work. Maybe we should all become "C" students.

There are reasonable taxes on the ones that are rich, they are a reversal of the unreasonable expensive taxcuts from the Bush years. If you want fiscal responsibility, this is the biggest example of it.

The rich are still making enough money

Last edited:
With the unreasonable taxes on those that are successful how can anyone think it is anything less that a declaration of war against the successful in this country. We have seen propaganda for some time in the media against the wealthy with exception of the movie industry.

I have a grandson in school at this time and he makes very good grades. There must be a way to prepare him for this future America. Perhaps he should recieve "time out" when he aces a test. Perhaps we should remove points off his test score and give it to one of the children that does not do the work. Maybe we should all become "C" students.

That's an interesting observation. I agree that public spending is going to increase taxes dramatically, but to say the US has unreasonably high taxes for those who are successful depends which countries the U.S. is compared against.

This is a list of higer rate income taxes for selected countries. Would you say the U.S. has more in common with the countries in the first column or the second column?

For clarity, the comparison rate for the U.S. would be, I believe, 35%

HIGHEST..............................................LOWEST
Austria - 50%........................................Brazil - 27.5%
Denmank - 59%....................................Cyprus - 30%
France - 40%........................................Czech Republic - 15%
Germany - 45%.....................................Egypt - 20%
Greece - 40%.......................................Estonia - 20%
Ireland - 41%.......................................India - 30%
Israel - 46%.........................................Indonesia - 30%
Italy - 43%............................................Latvia - 23%
Japan - 50%..........................................Mexico - 28%
Netherlands - 52%.................................Montenegro - 12%
New Zealand - 39%................................Pakistan - 25%
Norway - 49%.......................................Romania - 16%
Portugal - 42%......................................Russia - 13%
Spain - 43%...........................................Saudi Arabia - 20%
Sweden - 57%.......................................Sloviakia - 19%
UK - 40%..............................................Ukraine - 15%

I know what I think.

On the other hand I also think that the US is in a very strong position and can attract talent from around the world. Once higher rate taxes are increased too much, the genie is very difficult to get back into the bottle, as was seen in Britain in the 70's.

Last edited:
There are reasonable taxes on the ones that are rich, they are a reversal of the unreasonable expensive taxcuts from the Bush years. If you want fiscal responsibility, this is the biggest example of it.

i love class warfare.....

Your definition of what is rich will probably differ from mine but that is not the point. We punish those that are successful in business by huge taxes. The Bush tax cuts were not deep enough. I want fairness in taxation.

It is not up to you and should not be up to the government to decide if the rich is making enough money or not. Purhaps you wish to have a maximum wage in this country.... I do not. The unemployment will sky rocket even more as Obama raises these taxes on small business.

There were millionaires and billionaires all throughout history when our tax rate was in the 90%s.

Raising taxes 3% isn't punishing success you moron.

Would not it be better to be thankful that one made enough to pay taxes than not make enough to really worry about it?

The way the rich, bitch and moan about taxes, is pathetic. :cuckoo:

I'm not rich, neither were our founders. Remember no taxation without representation? An economic fascist like yourself would contend that we are merely puppets on a string of government, and that all of our income is there's, and what's left over we should be grateful for. It is the other way around. Government exists to serve us.. if we don't like it, we have every right to abolish it, as said so in the Constitution and Declaration of Independence.

Not to mention, income tax is tantamount to slavery for 4 months of the year. How does it feel that you're being forced to work for 4 months for the government so they can line the pockets of the likes of Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, GM, AIG? That's pretty much where your hard earned dollars are going. Don't believe propaganda that it's going to end poverty, because we're certainly poorer today than we were 30 years ago.

No it's not. What's pathetic is those who try to evade them.

If you were a Jew in 1930 Nazi Germany, and your wealth was being stolen in the 1930s for no legitimate reason, why wouldn't you try to evade and protest that? Jews aren't any different than non-Jews, so why should they pay more? Rich aren't any different than non-rich, so why should they pay more? It's that type of collectivism that has brought the slaughter of hundreds of millions in the last century.

If you were a Jew in 1930 Nazi Germany, and your wealth was being stolen in the 1930s for no legitimate reason, why wouldn't you try to evade and protest that? Jews aren't any different than non-Jews, so why should they pay more? Rich aren't any different than non-rich, so why should they pay more? It's that type of collectivism that has brought the slaughter of hundreds of millions in the last century.

Let me smoke some more crack before I answer that.

Your definition of what is rich will probably differ from mine but that is not the point. We punish those that are successful in business by huge taxes. The Bush tax cuts were not deep enough. I want fairness in taxation.

It is not up to you and should not be up to the government to decide if the rich is making enough money or not. Purhaps you wish to have a maximum wage in this country.... I do not. The unemployment will sky rocket even more as Obama raises these taxes on small business.

Unemployment has skyrocketed since the Bush tax cuts. What does that tell you?

no it's not. What's pathetic is those who try to evade them.

if you were a jew in 1930 nazi germany, and your wealth was being stolen in the 1930s for no legitimate reason, why wouldn't you try to evade and protest that? Jews aren't any different than non-jews, so why should they pay more? Rich aren't any different than non-rich, so why should they pay more? It's that type of collectivism that has brought the slaughter of hundreds of millions in the last century.

let me smoke some more crack before i answer that.

lmao!

That's what King George said about the American revolutionaries.. that they must have smoked too much to be wanting to revolt. Your derision only indicates your absence of wit. :cuckoo:

Unemployment has skyrocketed since Bush decided to become a liberal, and spend like no tomorrow. What does that tell you about spending?

I'm not rich, neither were our founders. Remember no taxation without representation?

YOU have representation you moron! You have state legislature which include state representators and state senators, you have a united states representative for your district and you have two senators. YOU HAVE REPRESENTATION. Just because YOU disagree with what the people YOU elect say and do, doesn't mean you don't have any fucking representation you moron.

Now shut the fuck up.

Unemployment has skyrocketed since Bush decided to become a liberal, and spend like no tomorrow. What does that tell you about spending?

Absolutely NOTHING. People are cutting jobs because businesses don't have the kind of revenue they used to have because people are spending less because of the recession created by bankers. Try learning. It's a fun activity.

That's what King George said about the American revolutionaries.. that they must have smoked too much to be wanting to revolt. Your derision only indicates your absence of wit. :cuckoo:

No, it indicates I think you're a tool.

Forum List

Back