The Tea Party Thread

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
This is your thread to discuss the Tea Parties. Non inflammatory threads will get moved here. Inflammatory threads will get locked and slowly die until further notice.

You know......it kinda shocks me that with the internet and all the other available means of information that we have, you would think that before the FAUX Noise staff, as well as the majority of the Republican party, decided to launch their tea bag protests, they would understand several things.......

1) Language is a living thing, and what something meant over 200 years ago, probably has changed over the years.

2) Apparently they are not as in touch with current situations as they like to pretend, because otherwise they would have understood that tea bagging is actually a reference to placing a pair of male testicles on someone's chin.

Kinda reminds me of this Direct TV commercial.........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SglXWd_fY3E[/ame]

Maybe the whole Republican party should consider "youthenization" for themselves.....

While feeling that these Tea party's are good in that these people are exercising their right to peaceful assembly, I can't help but think how clearly they are demonstrating their idiocy thru these demonstrations.

These protests are clearly critical of the current administration. Yet the truth is that these pending tax raises are a result of the 'sunset' clause put in the 2002 tax law by Republicans. These are not 'Obama's tax raises' they are Republican tax raises. They should be protesting against the Republicans who included the sunset clause.

It's apparent that these Tea partys are just an exercise in extreme partisanship, a desparate attempt to divide the country.

The worst nightmare that these people have is that these tax raises, combined with the TARP and the Stimulus package, will succeed in not only turning the current economic crisis around, but will cause an economic boom, thereby proving once and for all that liberal economics works and that conservative economics is a total failure.

They are in a frenzy and will do whatever they can to divide this country and obviously hope that the current economic policies will fail.

In short, these people are a bunch of ideological nutcases that would sooner see America and Americans destroyed before they see their ideology disproven.

Figure the fucking odds Smashed107.

Put the bottle down before posting in the future.

That does really show us the depth of your wit when you resort to insults. :cool:

Why would doing the same things as Bush (running a huge deficit and spending us into bankruptcy) help the economy when Obama is the one doing it? That's foolishness and partisan hackery to its extreme. So, yes, there will be another Tea Party next year as a overburdening government needs to know that they can't tread on us anymore.

While feeling that these Tea party's are good in that these people are exercising their right to peaceful assembly, I can't help but think how clearly they are demonstrating their idiocy thru these demonstrations.

These protests are clearly critical of the current administration. Yet the truth is that these pending tax raises are a result of the 'sunset' clause put in the 2002 tax law by Republicans. These are not 'Obama's tax raises' they are Republican tax raises. They should be protesting against the Republicans who included the sunset clause.

It's apparent that these Tea partys are just an exercise in extreme partisanship, a desparate attempt to divide the country.

The worst nightmare that these people have is that these tax raises, combined with the TARP and the Stimulus package, will succeed in not only turning the current economic crisis around, but will cause an economic boom, thereby proving once and for all that liberal economics works and that conservative economics is a total failure.

They are in a frenzy and will do whatever they can to divide this country and obviously hope that the current economic policies will fail.

In short, these people are a bunch of ideological nutcases that would sooner see America and Americans destroyed before they see their ideology disproven.

I do agree that Republicans have lost their way and has added to the size and power of government rather than taking away from it, as we elect them to do. This has, without any doubt, added unnecessary inflation and taxes to our economy. This protest is against government, period, no matter which political party is in power. Not a Republican protest, by any means, as they are very much to blame.

I hope Obama does fail with his economic policies, wholeheartedly. I don't want to see massive inflation or unemployment or a decade long Depression as what FDR had created, and what Obama will surely create should he not stop spending our money. I hope that's not the case, but if you spend a ton of money, when you're already unemployed and in debt, only outcome that can possibly result is bankruptcy. It's basic economics. If you fly out of a plane without a parachute, you will fall at 9.8m/s^2 until your body impacts the earth and you die. If you take $3T out of the economy with at least 8% unemployed, you'll create more unemployment and create a depression.

I have often seem Islamic Fundamentalists dismissed with similar words.

What would an Obama failure look like in your mind?

Obama failing to spend and give well-connected people money for their failures would mean we get to keep what little prosperity we have left.

Otherwise, Obama will print trillions of dollars until this happens:

weimar.jpg

Obama failing to spend and give well-connected people money for their failures would mean we get to keep what little prosperity we have left.

So you think an Obama failure is him reversing course right now and talking back all the stimulus?

So you think an Obama failure is him reversing course right now and talking back all the stimulus?

No..that would be a huge success given trends. I would do the opposite that turned the Great Depression in a 12 year affair-- letting the free markets work. Printing money to give to friends is not a recipe for recovery.

You said you hoped he would fail.

I asked you what a failure of Obama would look like.

I'm trying to figure out what it is you think you are wishing on thye US?

The Tea Parties represented the frustrations that have been building up for years under Republican control. Finally, with the Bush administration bailouts and the massive spending under a Democratically-controlled government, common people had decided enough is enough. If you supported the Tea Parties, I believe the Founding Fathers would have been proud of you.

I believe they would be just as proud of any group speaking out.

I dont think they(the founders) would pretend they( TBP) were a huge section of the populace

Actually Obowma's allowing the pelosi's to do what they want and him not blocking this is a failed beginning--Was hoping these kind of thing's would not happen and maybe he really would be changing the way DC does its dirty work,doesn't look like it yet. Still in Iraq,increasing war in Afg. Spending like Bush (the fact that Bush did anything wrong and it is OK for Obama to do things wrong don't get it) allowing Big business to borrow way to much money,ever heard of Studebaker,Hudson,Rambler ? So weather you like it or not the Tea Parties (I attended one on Long Island what one did you attend) are about change not about partisanship tea party people want to through out all the bums regardless of political loyalties.

You said you hoped he would fail.

I asked you what a failure of Obama would look like.

I'm trying to figure out what it is you think you are wishing on thye US?

To be saved from the pain of hyperinflation? To be prosperous and free?

Just like anyone would hope Stalin, Mussolini, FDR would fail, I hope Obama does too.

I believe they would be just as proud of any group speaking out.

I dont think they(the founders) would pretend they( TBP) were a huge section of the populace

The original Boston Tea Party was ridiculed in the same way by the King loving Loyalists as it's successive tea parties are by you, today.

Last edited:
how is noting the size of the movement ridiculing it?

I do remember loads of insults from the right on movements like the antiwar and gay pride.

Forum List

Back