"America Has Declared War on Success"

I choose to correct what we have here as I have invested so much in it. Besides individuals such as yourself depend so much on people such as myself. If we left what would you do?

You don't know me at all. I come from a wealthy family and have several inventions. I am in a better position than most to be affected by higher taxes above the $250,000 threshhold.

From you personally I don't need you to subsidise anything. I don't care if you can even afford to PAY attention

I have not come from a wealthy family. I have always had to work to get what I have. I do not consider myself wealthy but I think the "Obama Mob" thinks that I am.

First stop watching Fox News. Rupert Murdoch and King Saud are not trying to make you smarter. If you own a company ask yourself what will really benefit you. Taxes aren't the problem..that only affects you AFTER you are successful.

There are reasonable taxes on the ones that are rich, they are a reversal of the unreasonable expensive taxcuts from the Bush years. If you want fiscal responsibility, this is the biggest example of it.

The rich are still making enough money

Munin the clown says the rich are still making enough money and its ok for the govt. to confiscate more of it, good enough for me ..... :rolleyes:

What I ment was that the rich are not overtaxed by this tax policy, some of you guys are making it look like he is raising the taxes by 50%. I don't like taxes, if there was a possibility then we should have as low taxes as possible but someone has to pay the national bills you know? Are you going to cut costs on the veterans or on healthcare like the Bush admin? Or are you willing to pay the bills? Nobody likes to pay the bills, but somebody has to pay them: I d rather not let the veterans or the sick pay for the unresponsible tax-policy of the government: so yes, we need to rebalance the tax system.

I think you re going to argue about the budget now, but the problem is that we need some sort of government spending right now: Almost all economists agree that the government should have stepped in to replace the private sector spending. Every nation in the world is trying to stimulate the economy (one way or another), the biggest examples are China and Japan (a country which had a similar bankingcrisis before). Even Germany that was against more stimulus money on the G20 is stimulating the economy with reductions on buying cars, ... .

Last edited:
I say in our current system of federal income taxes the people that make above 1 millon a year should pay 90%.

We need a (tax the rich) tea party.

I don't think we need to make it that high.

40% was enough for a surplus in 2000. Because since then the debt has doubled, and will increase more to dig out of this economic mess, it probably needs to go to about 50% now, but 90% if more than necessary. And at some point a disincentivizing factor does kick it.

Unemployment has skyrocketed since the Bush tax cuts. What does that tell you?

This may be hard for you to accept but actually unemployment was extremely low after the Bush tax cuts. The unemployment began to rise very rapidly after the democrats took over Congress. I am sure that is just a coincidence.

Unemployment has skyrocketed since the Bush tax cuts. What does that tell you?

This may be hard for you to accept but actually unemployment was extremely low after the Bush tax cuts. The unemployment began to rise very rapidly after the democrats took over Congress. I am sure that is just a coincidence.

The rate stayed pretty low until the economy started going tits up in 2008. But the Dems didn't repeal the Bush tax cuts, so Bush's lower taxes didn't prevent it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back