America Founded as a Christian Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to popular request I am starting a thread covering the fact that America was begun as a Christian nation. Be forewarned, I will not respond to posts that are more than twelve or so paragraphs. If we are going to discuss the issue, it has to be a few things at a time. Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy. AMERICA WAS NOT FOUNDED AS A THEOCRACY. IT WAS FOUNDED AS A REPUBLIC BASED UPON CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES.

Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts. The very first governing document of the New World was the Mayflower Compact. It states:

In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and “advancements of the Christian faith

Okay, I’m well aware that St. Augustine is the oldest city in the U.S, the Spaniards were there before the colonists and that other colonists preceded those on the Mayflower. That Mayflower Compact was the first GOVERNING document of the New World. Colonization and founding are synonymous.

The First Charter of Virginia of 1606 stated:

We greatly commending, and graciously accepting of, their Desires for the Furtherance of so noble a Work, which may, by the Providence of Almighty God, hereafter tend to the Glory his Divine Majesty, in propagating of Christian Religion to such People, as yet live in Darkness and miserable Ignorance of the true Knowledge and Worship of God, and may in time bring the Infidels and Savages, living in those parts, to human Civility, to a settled and quiet government.”

Similar language attesting to our Christian roots during this period would be the Second Charter of Virginia of 1609, Third Charter of Virginia 1611 – 1612, The Charter of New England 1620, Ordinances For Virginia, July 24, 1621, The Charter of Massachusetts Bay 1629, and I will add more to the chorological order each time I post.

In 1630, John Winthrop delivered a sermon aboard the Arbella as it sailed toward the New World. That sermon has been cited by U.S. statesmen including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. It defines WHO the colonists were and what their objective was in the New World. Any sermon being quoted by American politicians 300 years later deserves to be examined. Here is a link to it and it is a must read if you want to add intelligent commentary to this thread:

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf More to come

Where are the Christian principles found to slaughter the Indians for land and gold, enslave black people and treat yellow people like inferior dogs--- doesn't sound Christlike to me. Now greed run capitalism is ruining it for the majority-- they were NEVER founded under Christian principles. They are selling us cancer as we speak.

You seem confused--The religion that came out of Rome( 2Thess 2:3) and claims to be Christian--are far removed from God and his son--They do not know either one. Not a single branch( 33,999) ever fixed it either. They all remain in darkness.

Everything {Jefferson} ever wrote on Christianity “was vitiated by his puerile understanding of the claims of Revelation and the Incarnation. Deep mysteries like the Trinity, Creation, Original Sin, the Immaculate Conception, the Atonement, the Resurrection, and the Real Presence of Christ he scorned as priestly frauds.22 “. {See CATHOLIC VIEW below.}

So, I have one question for you. I cited the source. Did you go and read the entire book?

You cited a source. That source proves you lied because that source, which I had to find because you provided no link, proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a pathetic, half brained liar.

Reading the entire source is not necessary because you are a liar because one only need to read the full statement by Jefferson’s pen, to see that what you say and try to sell as Jefferson’s intent is the exact opposite of the full sentence in context. You left out “very different from” in the sentence right after Jefferson wrote what you claim that Jefferson self identifies as a Real Christian.

But, in the same statement, Jefferson goes on to self-identify as a real Christian very different from .. very different from what?

Read on: Very Different FROM.....

“the Platonists, who call me infidel and themselves Christians and preachers of the gospel, while they draw all their characteristic dogmas from what its author never said nor saw.”

Very simple to understand Jefferson’s intent of this passage. It is Jefferson stating to his friend that he is a Christian very different from the Christian who believes in the dogma of the false four gospels. Jefferson continues to explain his contempt for the Church and priests that corrupted Jesus’ original and human moral Philosophy.

Jefferson in the statement you cite claims to be a Christian very different from corrupt Christians such as you.

And that only understanding of Jefferson’s true intent is backed by the volumes of his lifetime of writing and multitude of religious scholars who basically all agree on this:

Catholic view Library : The Relevance of Thomas Jefferson

Demythologizing Orthodoxy / However, the practical-minded American could accept his master's religious liberalism, with its aversion to priests and dogmas. Jefferson's nominalistic conception of man, as a "law unto himself" in religious matters, and the consequences of this belief for religious orthodoxy, make up a good part of his writings over the years. Everything he ever wrote on Christianity was vitiated by his puerile understanding of the claims of Revelation and the Incarnation. Deep mysteries like the Trinity, Creation, Original Sin, the Immaculate Conception, the Atonement, the Resurrection, and the Real Presence of Christ he scorned as priestly frauds.22 They were empirically unverifiable, to use the modern expression of positivists. "Rejecting all organs of information, therefore, but my senses," he arrogantly observed to John Adams late in life, "I rid myself of the pyrrhonisms with which an indulgence in speculations hyperphysical and antiphysical, so uselessly occupy and disquiet the mind. A single sense may indeed," he continued, be sometimes deceived, but rarely; and never all our senses together, with their faculty of reasoning. They evidence realities, and there are enough of these for all the purposes of life, without plunging into the fathomless abyss of dreams and phantasms. I am satisfied, and sufficiently occupied with the things which are, without tormenting or troubling myself about those which may indeed be, but of which I have no evidence.23

NotfooledbyW has made it his life mission to call me a liar after he was caught by other posters willingly, knowingly and deliberately LYING to the posters here.

I did not lie and am telling NotfooledbyW that he will not call me a liar in a face to face debate. I will provide the forum. All of you are invited. All he has to do is show up.

Even if my quote was incomplete, it would not wholly be my fault as I quoted what I had at that time. When any of you quote someone - on any subject, do you go and read entire books or entire articles? Of course not. So, unless NotfooledbyW has read the entire book to which I allude, he is doing what he's accusing me of doing. But, here is where our resident troll has a a problem: I found corroborating evidence to prove that Thomas Jefferson, AT ONE POINT IN HIS LIFE, was a practicing Christian. Even in 1816 when Jefferson wrote that letter (a full FORTY YEARS after Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence AND worked on the Virginia state constitution), he's still saying that he is a Christian - just not like what FooledbyW would like to hear from a Christian.

Unless NOTFOOLEDBYW can tell us that he honestly looked up the book I cited and read it, then HE is the liar. A lot changes in our ideology in a forty year period - a fact I've produced historical quotes from to prove my point - along with the FULL CITATION. Jefferson said he was a Christian. That is true. I did not change the meaning by using a quote found on the Internet that substantiates Jefferson's claim. NOTFOOLEDBYW has nothing to prove that Jefferson was anything less than what he claimed except that if you don't fit NOTFOOLEDBYW's personal definition of what constitutes a Christian.

Note: NOTFOOLEDBYW found another source, falsely claims I corrupted that source and is even claiming that Jefferson never wrote anything Christian in his life. NOTFOOLEDBYW is fooling nobody except himself. He is a pathological liar.

Due to popular request I am starting a thread covering the fact that America was begun as a Christian nation. Be forewarned, I will not respond to posts that are more than twelve or so paragraphs. If we are going to discuss the issue, it has to be a few things at a time. Bottom line: America was founded as a Christian nation.

As soon as one says that the atheists and other non-believers will start with their lies and straw man arguments. They will tell you that I just said America was founded as a theocracy. AMERICA WAS NOT FOUNDED AS A THEOCRACY. IT WAS FOUNDED AS A REPUBLIC BASED UPON CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES.

Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts. The very first governing document of the New World was the Mayflower Compact. It states:

In the name of God, Amen. We, whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken, for the Glory of God, and “advancements of the Christian faith

Okay, I’m well aware that St. Augustine is the oldest city in the U.S, the Spaniards were there before the colonists and that other colonists preceded those on the Mayflower. That Mayflower Compact was the first GOVERNING document of the New World. Colonization and founding are synonymous.

We greatly commending, and graciously accepting of, their Desires for the Furtherance of so noble a Work, which may, by the Providence of Almighty God, hereafter tend to the Glory his Divine Majesty, in propagating of Christian Religion to such People, as yet live in Darkness and miserable Ignorance of the true Knowledge and Worship of God, and may in time bring the Infidels and Savages, living in those parts, to human Civility, to a settled and quiet government.”

Similar language attesting to our Christian roots during this period would be the Second Charter of Virginia of 1609, Third Charter of Virginia 1611 – 1612, The Charter of New England 1620, Ordinances For Virginia, July 24, 1621, The Charter of Massachusetts Bay 1629, and I will add more to the chorological order each time I post.

In 1630, John Winthrop delivered a sermon aboard the Arbella as it sailed toward the New World. That sermon has been cited by U.S. statesmen including, but not limited to JFK and Ronald Reagan. It defines WHO the colonists were and what their objective was in the New World. Any sermon being quoted by American politicians 300 years later deserves to be examined. Here is a link to it and it is a must read if you want to add intelligent commentary to this thread:

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf More to come

Where are the Christian principles found to slaughter the Indians for land and gold, enslave black people and treat yellow people like inferior dogs--- doesn't sound Christlike to me. Now greed run capitalism is ruining it for the majority-- they were NEVER founded under Christian principles. They are selling us cancer as we speak.

You seem confused--The religion that came out of Rome( 2Thess 2:3) and claims to be Christian--are far removed from God and his son--They do not know either one. Not a single branch( 33,999) ever fixed it either. They all remain in darkness.

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." Proverbs 18: 13

It is appalling that some readers cannot read the thread and make thoughtful replies. We've already covered this aspect of the discussion and you should read the thread.. I'll give you the first post on this for free and should you want to litigate the matter further, read the thread and bring a new argument to the table. BTW, are you a sockpuppet?

I Interrupt My Own Thread To Respond The Slavery Issue

There is no correlation between slavery and the Bible. For all those who try to make it an issue, let us set the record straight. In America:

* Slaves ate better in America than their blue collar, white contemporaries who were "free"

* They lived in better housing than their blue collar, white counterparts

* They were paid wages and fewer than 25 percent of them ever worked in cotton fields. Many of them were skilled craftsmen and received a stipend for their work

Time on the Cross - Wikipedia

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Cross-Economics-American-Slavery/dp/0393312186&tag=ff0d01-20

* The facts still remain that those who keep bitching about slavery fail to admit that we were under British control until 1789 AND the framers began abolishing slavery in the United States Constitution and follow up federal statutes

* Those who complain about slavery are willing to give up their own labor without studying the 16th Amendment. The 16th Amendment is one of two blatantly illegal amendments to the Constitution AND the 16th Amendment is a plank out of the Communist Manifesto

* So that communism can be self perpetuating those same people wailing about slavery have no problem with socialized medicine. If they were working, they would see it as being evil when those who won't work expect you to cover their medical care.

Let's not even consider that the best way to get a job in America is through an employment agency that gets you a job, the "man" sits sit in cozy office while you sweat your butt off and they are making money off YOUR labor. We just put a little lipstick on that pig and pretend people have a choice.

As has been aptly pointed out, those who preach about slavery being evil are dedicated to the Democrats... and WHO was it that forced the illegally ratified 14th Amendment through Congress on the pretext of making blacks equal to whites? It was not the Democrats.

https://www.constitution.org/14ll/no14th.htm

The Fourteenth Amendment is Unconstitutional - Judge L.H. Perez

Was the Fourteenth Amendment Constitutionally Adopted? | Abbeville Institute

When you have legal researchers, civil libertarians, ministers, and even judges questioning the 14th Amendment, it's time to think it over.

Somehow those pabulum puking political propaganda prostitutes that hate Christianity so much don't access links. They want to judge Christians on the basis of slavery... of which they don't know a damn thing about. Meanwhile, they are satisfied to be led by the descendants of the people and the party that perpetuated the institution of slavery.

I guess that helps them be proud of that group who tolerate Muslims that want to convert or kill us. They even had one serve as president for TWO TERMS. These are the same people giving refuge to the LGBTQP community and represent the very worst of mankind.

Somehow, it is acceptable for America to give refuge to the races that started slavery, practiced it before, during and after America became a nation AND still practice it. They get a free pass... as do those people in America whose families profited off slavery not to mention the blacks in places like Sierra Leone who sold their brethren into slavery. They hypocrisy of it all sucks the big suck.

It's in the Constitution and again, WHITES DID NOT INVENT SLAVERY
True! If non Whites were involved with slavery that meant it was Good, Moral and Jesus Approved that White Christians get involved with Slavery.

More dumbassery. You should sue your brains for non-support... presuming you have any left. See post # 56 and then you can get off this thread. You're afraid to talk about the OP. So you want to harp on an issue you've been programmed, Pavlovian style, to talk about when you don't know squat about it.

Jesus followed no man's lead. The colonists who rebelled got rid of slavery. What part of that don't you understand? It's just not a biblical issue.

True, slavery wasn't a biblical issue. Jesus never said: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

You are an opportunist - always looking for an angle to attack me personally over. This issue has nothing to do with the founding.

Even if you think Christians are the sorriest sons of bitches on God's green earth, they still founded this country and it is their sense of right and wrong that dominates the thinking that made this country the greatest nation in the annals of history.

If we separate the government from the people, you will find that government attracts the worst of mankind. We have a troll here that is trying to build his case on two letters written by Thomas Jefferson. And, who knows, Jefferson seems to be someone neither side thinks he was. The man worked on the Virginia constitution and that document calls for the people to demonstrate "Christian forbearance."

My critics want Jefferson to be something between a god and a secular theist, but never a Christian. So, if I capitulate and say Thomas Jeferson was not a Christian (and bear in mind, in reality I do not have the luxury of judging the man) then we can blame American slavery post War of Independence on Thomas Jefferson. He owned slaves and even had sex with at least one of them. Then he didn't have the common decency to remove her from the slavery rolls and marry her. Hell, Jefferson didn't even try to decriminalize miscegenation! The atheists and secularists want to claim him, even willing to derail this thread over him. And you are wailing about slavery? Really? Did you just read my last post on this thread before I responded to this?

If you look at the way the masses of Christians treated slaves versus the way some slave owners did, and notice I say some slave owners, you get a different picture. In any event, you cannot change the facts. Slavery was practiced primarily when we were under British rule. With the ratification of the Constitution, that practice began being phased out. So, now you're digging a hole as you usually do... and you are sounding like someone else on this thread. So, seriously, are you a sockpuppet?

NOTFOOLEDBYW'S FINAL RESPONSE

This thread is now 805 posts long as I begin this response. Of those, NOTFOOLEDBYW has made a total of 155 posts. They are posts # 78, 80, 111, 113, 118, 126, 140, 154, 157, 158, 159, 162, 172, 174, 179, 189, 192, 195, 196, 197, 203, 204, 205, 212, 220, 224, 225, 232, 233, 234, 235, 240, 240, 241, 242, 243, 246, 247, 254, 255, 256, 267, 279, 280, 285, 290, 296, 297, 302, 307, 309, 318, 321, 328, 330, 335, 339, 340, 341, 345, 347, 350, 350, 351, 352, 367, 370, 373, 381, 393, 394, 399, 401, 404, 411, 412, 413, 420, 421, 425, 426, 429, 430, 431, 432, 468, 485, 500, 504, 508, 512, 516, 519, 525, 527, 537, 539, 541, 546, 549, 551, 554, 557, 559, 561, 563, 565, 566, 569, 570, 574, 577, 581, 582, 587, 589, 606, 607, 610, 626, 630, 636, 642, 644, 646, 684, 688, 699, 700, 703, 704, 707, 708, 709, 715, 716, 718, 724, 725, 730, 740, 744, 746, 747, 750, 753, 754, 755, 761, 762, 769, 774, 782, 7998, 800, ... that is 155 posts out of 805

In virtually every post NOTFOOLEDBYW has insulted posters, called them liars, misrepresented people, and NOBODY has defended his positions.

By contrast, NOTFOOLEDBYW has been challenged by numerous posters to whom NOTFOOLEDBYW has called liars, fools, morons, and accused them of all manner of wrongdoing. Those posters responded a total of 126 times in posts: #120, 130, 134, 167, 169,174, 176, 175, 176, 180, 185, 206, 207, 250, 282, 299, 346, 346, 354, 396, 397, 403, 405, 406, 407, 414, 415, 416, 424, 427, 428, 433, 434, 438, 439, 440, 445, 446, 447, 448, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 460, 461, 464, 465, 466, 467, 469, 470, 472, 474, 476, 483, 484, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 496, 497, 498, 499, 501, 502, 517, 518, 521, 526, 528, 531, 558, 562, 564, 567, 568, 571, 573, 576, 578, 579, 588, 591, 593, 594, 595, 596, 598, 599, 600, 603, 608, 612, 613, 615, 618, 627, 628, 629, 633, 645, 648, 653, 658, 665, 668, 698, 701, 705, 706, 711, 722, 723, 726, 751, 764, 765, 779

I have been obliged to respond to NOTFOOLEDBYW a total of 85 times personally. That is a total of 366 posts that have revolved around this one poster.

One poster or another has successfully defeated each and every argument he brings to the table. He is now remaining, claiming I lied about Thomas Jefferson - as if that would change the balance of this discussion. Here is my position:

1) When other posters began discussing this as a conversation rather than a point by point, let's prove everything, I got conversational. I quoted Thomas Jefferson from an unnamed source in an online general conversation.

2) NOTFOOLEDBYW seized upon that accusing me of posting a lie; even claiming that I edited my source. I did not. I did, however, look at where my source got their material and I quoted where it could be found. I did not lie

3) Regardless of how that material reads, the bottom line is Thomas Jefferson said he was a Christian and I took him at his word as his early life indicates such. Jefferson states, and it was quoted on this thread, that his life experiences changed his outlook. Nothing has changed what Jefferson said at that point in his life

4) Regardless of how many times founders did or said one thing or another, I look at the bottom line and if over half the posts here are either one man arguing against those points compared to the scores of posts disagreeing with him, there is no point to prove. If this matters to you and you want to wade through who said what, you have each post - minus my own (which is unnecessary since all those people who agreed with me either quoted the relevant parts and / or the post itself. My point here is I did not lie and every time that troll posts, I will simply cut and paste this response (that took some hours to research just for him.)

If he still wants to call me a liar, he can do it to my face. Otherwise, he has been successfully defeated by other posters to the point that nothing I have to say would be relevant anyway. IF there are any other points to be addressed, I will be happy to entertain them, just not by the resident troll.

#806. 23987885
Unless NOTFOOLEDBYW can tell us that he honestly looked up the book I cited and read it, then HE is the liar.

See Post #800. I have searched looking for Jefferson Quotes where he writes a “disciple of Jesus Christ” and none exist. The only similar phrase by Jefferson’s “disciple of Jesus”. Any quote with the word “Christ” added is a fraud. (See Post #800 - it explains why)

If Porter Rockwell has a hardcopy of a book page he needs to post the date and addressee of the letter. And a pdf copy of the relevant page.

At least a link that shows the Book title and publisher before telling every body that have to read the book.

Last edited:

This thread is now 805 posts long as I begin this response. Of those, NOTFOOLEDBYW has made a total of 155 posts. They are posts # 78, 80, 111, 113, 118, 126, 140, 154, 157, 158, 159, 162, 172, 174, 179, 189, 192, 195, 196, 197, 203, 204, 205, 212, 220, 224, 225, 232, 233, 234, 235, 240, 240, 241, 242, 243, 246, 247, 254, 255, 256, 267, 279, 280, 285, 290, 296, 297, 302, 307, 309, 318, 321, 328, 330, 335, 339, 340, 341, 345, 347, 350, 350, 351, 352, 367, 370, 373, 381, 393, 394, 399, 401, 404, 411, 412, 413, 420, 421, 425, 426, 429, 430, 431, 432, 468, 485, 500, 504, 508, 512, 516, 519, 525, 527, 537, 539, 541, 546, 549, 551, 554, 557, 559, 561, 563, 565, 566, 569, 570, 574, 577, 581, 582, 587, 589, 606, 607, 610, 626, 630, 636, 642, 644, 646, 684, 688, 699, 700, 703, 704, 707, 708, 709, 715, 716, 718, 724, 725, 730, 740, 744, 746, 747, 750, 753, 754, 755, 761, 762, 769, 774, 782, 7998, 800, ... that is 155 posts out of 805

In virtually every post NOTFOOLEDBYW has insulted posters, called them liars, misrepresented people, and NOBODY has defended his positions.

By contrast, NOTFOOLEDBYW has been challenged by numerous posters to whom NOTFOOLEDBYW has called liars, fools, morons, and accused them of all manner of wrongdoing. Those posters responded a total of 126 times in posts: #120, 130, 134, 167, 169,174, 176, 175, 176, 180, 185, 206, 207, 250, 282, 299, 346, 346, 354, 396, 397, 403, 405, 406, 407, 414, 415, 416, 424, 427, 428, 433, 434, 438, 439, 440, 445, 446, 447, 448, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 460, 461, 464, 465, 466, 467, 469, 470, 472, 474, 476, 483, 484, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 496, 497, 498, 499, 501, 502, 517, 518, 521, 526, 528, 531, 558, 562, 564, 567, 568, 571, 573, 576, 578, 579, 588, 591, 593, 594, 595, 596, 598, 599, 600, 603, 608, 612, 613, 615, 618, 627, 628, 629, 633, 645, 648, 653, 658, 665, 668, 698, 701, 705, 706, 711, 722, 723, 726, 751, 764, 765, 779

I have been obliged to respond to NOTFOOLEDBYW a total of 85 times personally. That is a total of 366 posts that have revolved around this one poster.

One poster or another has successfully defeated each and every argument he brings to the table. He is now remaining, claiming I lied about Thomas Jefferson - as if that would change the balance of this discussion. Here is my position:

1) When other posters began discussing this as a conversation rather than a point by point, let's prove everything, I got conversational. I quoted Thomas Jefferson from an unnamed source in an online general conversation.

2) NOTFOOLEDBYW seized upon that accusing me of posting a lie; even claiming that I edited my source. I did not. I did, however, look at where my source got their material and I quoted where it could be found. I did not lie

3) Regardless of how that material reads, the bottom line is Thomas Jefferson said he was a Christian and I took him at his word as his early life indicates such. Jefferson states, and it was quoted on this thread, that his life experiences changed his outlook. Nothing has changed what Jefferson said at that point in his life

4) Regardless of how many times founders did or said one thing or another, I look at the bottom line and if over half the posts here are either one man arguing against those points compared to the scores of posts disagreeing with him, there is no point to prove. If this matters to you and you want to wade through who said what, you have each post - minus my own (which is unnecessary since all those people who agreed with me either quoted the relevant parts and / or the post itself. My point here is I did not lie and every time that troll posts, I will simply cut and paste this response (that took some hours to research just for him.)

If he still wants to call me a liar, he can do it to my face. Otherwise, he has been successfully defeated by other posters to the point that nothing I have to say would be relevant anyway. IF there are any other points to be addressed, I will be happy to entertain them, just not by the resident troll.

Ridiculous BS. If anyone wishes to mi the truth - read post #800.

No one has refuted a word of that post. Not one.

If he still wants to call me a liar, he can do it to my face. Otherwise, he has been successfully defeated by other posters to the point that nothing I have to say would be relevant anyway. IF there are any other points to be addressed, I will be happy to entertain them, just not by the resident troll. The dumb ass needs to read. This post refutes his account of what happened.. I know because I'm the one who did it. I copied and pasted the fucking quote as it appeared and no amount of political jockeying will change that. It's over dumbass.

Last edited:

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." Proverbs 18: 13

It is appalling that some readers cannot read the thread and make thoughtful replies. We've already covered this aspect of the discussion and you should read the thread.. I'll give you the first post on this for free and should you want to litigate the matter further, read the thread and bring a new argument to the table. BTW, are you a sockpuppet?

There is no correlation between slavery and the Bible. For all those who try to make it an issue, let us set the record straight. In America:

* Slaves ate better in America than their blue collar, white contemporaries who were "free"

* They were paid wages and fewer than 25 percent of them ever worked in cotton fields. Many of them were skilled craftsmen and received a stipend for their work

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Cross-Economics-American-Slavery/dp/0393312186&tag=ff0d01-20

* The facts still remain that those who keep bitching about slavery fail to admit that we were under British control until 1789 AND the framers began abolishing slavery in the United States Constitution and follow up federal statutes

* Those who complain about slavery are willing to give up their own labor without studying the 16th Amendment. The 16th Amendment is one of two blatantly illegal amendments to the Constitution AND the 16th Amendment is a plank out of the Communist Manifesto

* So that communism can be self perpetuating those same people wailing about slavery have no problem with socialized medicine. If they were working, they would see it as being evil when those who won't work expect you to cover their medical care.

Let's not even consider that the best way to get a job in America is through an employment agency that gets you a job, the "man" sits sit in cozy office while you sweat your butt off and they are making money off YOUR labor. We just put a little lipstick on that pig and pretend people have a choice.

As has been aptly pointed out, those who preach about slavery being evil are dedicated to the Democrats... and WHO was it that forced the illegally ratified 14th Amendment through Congress on the pretext of making blacks equal to whites? It was not the Democrats.

When you have legal researchers, civil libertarians, ministers, and even judges questioning the 14th Amendment, it's time to think it over.

Somehow those pabulum puking political propaganda prostitutes that hate Christianity so much don't access links. They want to judge Christians on the basis of slavery... of which they don't know a damn thing about. Meanwhile, they are satisfied to be led by the descendants of the people and the party that perpetuated the institution of slavery.

I guess that helps them be proud of that group who tolerate Muslims that want to convert or kill us. They even had one serve as president for TWO TERMS. These are the same people giving refuge to the LGBTQP community and represent the very worst of mankind.

Somehow, it is acceptable for America to give refuge to the races that started slavery, practiced it before, during and after America became a nation AND still practice it. They get a free pass... as do those people in America whose families profited off slavery not to mention the blacks in places like Sierra Leone who sold their brethren into slavery. They hypocrisy of it all sucks the big suck.

You are correct--Many peoples practiced slavery. The ones who live in darkness. Many slaves were treated badly as well. Used the young women for sex, etc. No Christian ever practiced enslaving another, while being a true follower. Just because one claims to be Christian, or are told they are Christian, does not make it a reality.( Matthew7:21). This world is very confused on that matter.

You are correct--Many peoples practiced slavery. The ones who live in darkness. Many slaves were treated badly as well. Used the young women for sex, etc. No Christian ever practiced enslaving another, while being a true follower. Just because one claims to be Christian, or are told they are Christian, does not make it a reality.( Matthew7:21). This world is very confused on that matter.

It is not for me to decide who is and who is not a Christian. If someone claims a relationship with Christ - under ANY name, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I am NOT their judge, regardless of who accuses me of saying differently.

As for slavery - Christians, non-Christians, blacks, whites, Indians, and everyone else practiced it and still practices it. It is not unique to Christians and the left is lying. Americans - as distinguished from the colonists under British rule - began phasing the practice out.

“We are not a Democracy. So, when the law is applied, generally speaking, it is done with an understanding of biblical precedents / principles.“

foghorn1.gif

"Stare decisis is a legal doctrine that obligates courts to follow historical cases when making a ruling on a similar case. Stare decisis ensures that cases with similar scenarios and facts are approached in the same way. Simply put, it binds courts to follow legal precedents set by previous decisions.

...The U.S. common law structure has a unified system of deciding legal matters with the principle of stare decisis at its core, making the concept of legal precedent extremely important. A prior ruling or judgment on any case is known as a precedent. Stare decisis dictates that courts look to precedents when overseeing an on-going case with similar circumstances
."

Stare Decisis and Legal Court Precedents

"The principle of the precedent is eminently philosophical. The English constitution would not have developed itself without it. What is called the English constitution consists of the fundamentals of the British polity, laid down in custom, precedent, decisions and statutes; and the common law in it is a far greater portion than the statute law. The English Constitution is chiefly a common-law constitution; and this reflex of a continuous society in a continuous law is more truly philosophical than the theoretic and sytematic, but lifeless constitutions of recent France:" Lieber's Civil Liberty. And in our own country the maintenance of this doctrine is of peculiar importance on account of the deference which we are accustomed to pay to the decisions of the law courts, even in cases where their logical correctness is open to doubt. This recognition of the power and province of the judicial tribunals in the guidance and settlement of our civil institutions, leads the American citizen to yield his implicit obedience to their doctrines even when the decision of a court lays a controlling and shaping hand, not formally, perhaps, but in the necessary deductions from its conclusions, upon the most zealously debated political questions, or the most important affairs of government. Then if progress be desirable, if the growth of the nation, in the perfect development of constitutional government, as well as in the stability of its institutions, be a desideratum, these objects can certainly not be attained by a disregard of the principle of stare decisis.

https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4147&context=penn_law_review

Also see this:

Precedent and Analogy in Legal Reasoning (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

"Case Law, often used interchangeably with the term Common Law, refers to the precedents and authority set by previous court rulings, judicial decisions and administrative legal findings or rulings. This is one of the main categories of law, with constitutional law, statutory law and regulatory law."

https://www.hg.org/case-law.html

"-In Andrew v. New York Bible and Prayer Book Society (1850), 4 Sandf. i56, the New York Superior Court decided that a legacy to the Bible Society was not a pious use, authorized by law. In the course of his opinion, Judge DUER, said: "The maxim that Christianity is part and parcel of the common law, has been frequently repeated by judges and text writers, but few have chosen to examine its truth, or to attempt to explain its meaning. We have, however, the high authority of Lord MANSFIELD and of his successor, the present Chief Justice of the Queen's Bench [Lord CAMPBELL] for stating as its true and only sense, that the law will not permit the essential truths of revealed religion to be ridiculed and reviled. In other words, blasphemy is an indictable offence at common law. (p. 182.)

https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4290&context=penn_law_review

This is especially relevant:

"England is the origin of the common law that exists in the U.S.. The English common law originated in the early middle ages in the King’s Court (Curia Regis) and eventually led to the formulation of various viable principles through which it continues to operate. The common law has its roots in the U.S continent with the first English colonists who claimed the common law system as their birthright.

After the American Revolution, this Common Law was adopted by each of the states as well as the national government of the new nation.

...Christianity is part of the origin of the common law
."

Origins of Common Law – Common Law

The common law does NOT establish a religion. Its precedents are consistent with Christian values. Since the United States is a Republic, changing those values LEGALLY AND CONSTITUTIONALLY requires us to amendment Constitution if we don't like the constitutional basis on which the law rests.
The principle applies to legal precedents
Citing the Bible as your precedent will get your case thrown out

Want to know why?

Because we are not a Christian Nation

Citing the Bible will not get a case thrown out of court. Not citing a legal precedent to uphold your arguments in a question of law will. And the common law is predicated upon Christianity.

We do not have an established religion. We have Freedom OF Religion in a country whose legal system understands the concepts of right and wrong from a Christian perspective.
If that is the basis of your legal challenge, it sure as hell will
<notice how I said “hell”?>
“We are not a Democracy. So, when the law is applied, generally speaking, it is done with an understanding of biblical precedents / principles.“

foghorn1.gif

"Stare decisis is a legal doctrine that obligates courts to follow historical cases when making a ruling on a similar case. Stare decisis ensures that cases with similar scenarios and facts are approached in the same way. Simply put, it binds courts to follow legal precedents set by previous decisions.

...The U.S. common law structure has a unified system of deciding legal matters with the principle of stare decisis at its core, making the concept of legal precedent extremely important. A prior ruling or judgment on any case is known as a precedent. Stare decisis dictates that courts look to precedents when overseeing an on-going case with similar circumstances
."

Stare Decisis and Legal Court Precedents

"The principle of the precedent is eminently philosophical. The English constitution would not have developed itself without it. What is called the English constitution consists of the fundamentals of the British polity, laid down in custom, precedent, decisions and statutes; and the common law in it is a far greater portion than the statute law. The English Constitution is chiefly a common-law constitution; and this reflex of a continuous society in a continuous law is more truly philosophical than the theoretic and sytematic, but lifeless constitutions of recent France:" Lieber's Civil Liberty. And in our own country the maintenance of this doctrine is of peculiar importance on account of the deference which we are accustomed to pay to the decisions of the law courts, even in cases where their logical correctness is open to doubt. This recognition of the power and province of the judicial tribunals in the guidance and settlement of our civil institutions, leads the American citizen to yield his implicit obedience to their doctrines even when the decision of a court lays a controlling and shaping hand, not formally, perhaps, but in the necessary deductions from its conclusions, upon the most zealously debated political questions, or the most important affairs of government. Then if progress be desirable, if the growth of the nation, in the perfect development of constitutional government, as well as in the stability of its institutions, be a desideratum, these objects can certainly not be attained by a disregard of the principle of stare decisis.

https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4147&context=penn_law_review

Also see this:

Precedent and Analogy in Legal Reasoning (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

"Case Law, often used interchangeably with the term Common Law, refers to the precedents and authority set by previous court rulings, judicial decisions and administrative legal findings or rulings. This is one of the main categories of law, with constitutional law, statutory law and regulatory law."

https://www.hg.org/case-law.html

"-In Andrew v. New York Bible and Prayer Book Society (1850), 4 Sandf. i56, the New York Superior Court decided that a legacy to the Bible Society was not a pious use, authorized by law. In the course of his opinion, Judge DUER, said: "The maxim that Christianity is part and parcel of the common law, has been frequently repeated by judges and text writers, but few have chosen to examine its truth, or to attempt to explain its meaning. We have, however, the high authority of Lord MANSFIELD and of his successor, the present Chief Justice of the Queen's Bench [Lord CAMPBELL] for stating as its true and only sense, that the law will not permit the essential truths of revealed religion to be ridiculed and reviled. In other words, blasphemy is an indictable offence at common law. (p. 182.)

https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4290&context=penn_law_review

This is especially relevant:

"England is the origin of the common law that exists in the U.S.. The English common law originated in the early middle ages in the King’s Court (Curia Regis) and eventually led to the formulation of various viable principles through which it continues to operate. The common law has its roots in the U.S continent with the first English colonists who claimed the common law system as their birthright.

After the American Revolution, this Common Law was adopted by each of the states as well as the national government of the new nation.

...Christianity is part of the origin of the common law
."

Origins of Common Law – Common Law

The common law does NOT establish a religion. Its precedents are consistent with Christian values. Since the United States is a Republic, changing those values LEGALLY AND CONSTITUTIONALLY requires us to amendment Constitution if we don't like the constitutional basis on which the law rests.
The principle applies to legal precedents
Citing the Bible as your precedent will get your case thrown out

Want to know why?

Because we are not a Christian Nation

Citing the Bible will not get a case thrown out of court. Not citing a legal precedent to uphold your arguments in a question of law will. And the common law is predicated upon Christianity.

We do not have an established religion. We have Freedom OF Religion in a country whose legal system understands the concepts of right and wrong from a Christian perspective.
If that is the basis of your legal challenge, it sure as hell will
<notice how I said “hell”?>

Blow smoke somewhere else. I've been in court and won cases. You haven't. Now, leave me alone.

I watch Judge Judy

You lose!

Post #812 Here is a clue #78 has no insult. #86 is insult rich;. “Ignorance is bliss, brother and you seem to enjoy it.”

#808. 23990637

Don’t need anyone to defend my positions. I post facts and accurate quotes and source them properly. My positions are solid.

Rockwell cannot list one time I misrepresented him. But he continues to ignore the fact that he launched a personal assault against me in his response to my very first post #78.

#86. 23869436
Ignorance is bliss, brother and you seem to enjoy it.

Then we see Rockwell’s first lie and misrepresentation of me.

#294 23883177
Sir, you began name calling.

Proof and Fact; Porter Rockwell personally insulted me first - not the other way around. And then accused me of doing it.

Then Porter Rockwell falsely accused me of doing what he did.

Last edited:
Americans - as distinguished from the colonists under British rule - began phasing the practice out.
US Census ____________ Number of slaves
1790 ________________ 694,280
1800_________________ 893,602
1810_________________ 1,191,362
1820 _________________1,538,022
1830_________________ 2,009,043
1840_________________ 2,487,355
1850_________________3,204,313
1860_________________3,953,762

Hardly the numbers one associates with the term "phasing out".

Last edited:
Americans - as distinguished from the colonists under British rule - began phasing the practice out.

As of 1808 no new slaves were being imported. If your numbers are correct, the slave owners must have been taking damn good care of their slaves.

Here is a clue #78 has no insult. #86 is insult rich;. “Ignorance is bliss, brother and you seem to enjoy it.”

#808. 23990637

Don’t need anyone to defend my positions. I post facts and accurate quotes and source them properly. My positions are solid.

Rockwell cannot list one time I misrepresented him. But he continues to ignore the fact that he launched a personal assault against me in his response to my very first post #78.

#86. 23869436
Ignorance is bliss, brother and you seem to enjoy it.

Then we see Rockwell’s first lie and misrepresentation of me.

#294 23883177
Sir, you began name calling.

Proof and Fact; Porter Rockwell personally insulted me first - not the other way around. And then accused me of doing it.

Then Porter Rockwell falsely accused me of doing what he did.

If he still wants to call me a liar, he can do it to my face. Otherwise, he has been successfully defeated by other posters to the point that nothing I have to say would be relevant anyway. IF there are any other points to be addressed, I will be happy to entertain them, just not by the resident troll. The dumb ass needs to read. This post refutes his account of what happened.. I know because I'm the one who did it. I copied and pasted the fucking quote as it appeared and no amount of political jockeying will change that. It's over dumbass.

As of 1808 no new slaves were being imported. If your numbers are correct, the slave owners must have been taking damn good care of their slaves.

That might be true. It's estimated that 100,000 slaves escaped via the Underground Railroad. Everyone of them was asked "Why did you want to escape?" Everyone answered "Our masters were treating us too good". Add in those that found other ways to freedom, those that tried and were caught, of course they had the same reason for wanting to leave their plantations.

America was founded as a Christian nation. It was taken over by secularists in 1962 on the basis of a personal letter written by a founding father, but interpreted to mean opposite of what he meant.

In law, personal letters have no authority, but America was taken over by a de facto / illegal / unconstitutional government that empowered non-whites and non-Christians that savor every moment that they are able to attack the principles upon which the Republic rests. These people have assaulted the family unit, brought us to the time spoken of in Isaiah 5: 20 - 24.

Instead of talking about the OP, we end up on slavery every time. The atheists, communists, and secularists pick that hill to die on. But, their problem will always remain: in the political realm, they always vote for slave masters as their leaders. They even stabbed those who saved them in the back.

That might be true. It's estimated that 100,000 slaves escaped via the Underground Railroad. Everyone of them was asked "Why did you want to escape?" Everyone answered "Our masters were treating us too good". Add in those that found other ways to freedom, those that tried and were caught, of course they had the same reason for wanting to leave their plantations.

WARNING - if you cannot tie this to the OP, this will be a very short conversation. If slavery is the issue that has you at war with Christianity, then start your own thread about it.

If you want FACTS, no B.S. FACTS about slavery at that time period, I suggest this book for you as a starting point:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019NRBB6M/?tag=ff0d01-20

That book contains the most qualitative and quantitative analysis of that time period. If you do not have that information, I will not discuss the issue with you here. It would be taking advantage of you and like the troll that went down, I get tired of having a battle of wits with unarmed men. No offense. But, this is NOT the thread for this discussion, so I'm just cutting the B.S. short. IF you have an argument about slavery and want my input START ANOTHER THREAD.

If you hate Christians due to the slave trade, I heard you the first time; you've posted your "facts" and we're moving forward. So, if you think you have a case regarding slavery, start a thread... or are you afraid that someone might actually be interested in a thread about slavery compared to a Christian nation?

America was founded as a Christian nation. It was taken over by secularists in 1962 on the basis of a personal letter written by a founding father, but interpreted to mean opposite of what he meant.

In law, personal letters have no authority, but America was taken over by a de facto / illegal / unconstitutional government that empowered non-whites and non-Christians that savor every moment that they are able to attack the principles upon which the Republic rests. These people have assaulted the family unit, brought us to the time spoken of in Isaiah 5: 20 - 24.

Instead of talking about the OP, we end up on slavery every time. The atheists, communists, and secularists pick that hill to die on. But, their problem will always remain: in the political realm, they always vote for slave masters as their leaders. They even stabbed those who saved them in the back.

We end up on slavery because some of us think slavery is inimical to Christian values. A Christian nation should follow the teachings of Jesus. If it doesn't, then it's not a Christian nation, ne c'est pas? Of course, if we're wrong please enlighten us. Show us where Jesus wanted black people beaten, whipped and forced to pick cotton.

We end up on slavery because some of us think slavery is inimical to Christian values. A Christian nation should follow the teachings of Jesus. If it doesn't, then it's not a Christian nation, ne c'est pas? Of course, if we're wrong please enlighten us. Show us where Jesus wanted black people beaten, whipped and forced to pick cotton.
Show us where Jesus wanted black people beaten, whipped and forced to pick cotton.

the mighty bible belt - that superseded the original colonist the same as when the christians wrote their bible in the 4th century superseding the original events of the 1st century.

upload_2020-2-3_20-47-36.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back