Am I the only athiest on here, who when...

What's it to me if Christians try and take over the world?

Nothing, as long as they leave me to practice my religion and life in peace. Sadly, they can't stay out of civil marriage law.

i suspect if the uber religious stopped trying to use their religious beliefs as a basis for law and policy, then we'd all ignore them. :)

but feel free to tell THEM to STFU and it's all good.

I have, and will likely do so again.
However, when a religious person knocks on our door and invites us to their church I thank them, afterall they have nothing but positive intent.
But an atheist has nothing positive to offer. Their intent is rarely positive, usually ranging from smug self promotion or just plain insulting.

Offering to brainwash you is a positive intent?:cuckoo:

Athiests are doing you and the world a service by attempting to make the human species smarter by pointing out that basing one's life on fantasy is childish and ultimately dangerous. That is a positive effort.

"Brainwash"??? Are you that weak minded that you are afraid someone talking about Christ will brainwash anyone.

Granted I got here late, but what are Christian scriptures doing on an atheist thread?

Christians trying to take over the world.

What's it to you? As long as you choose to not believe you may go your merry own way while in a Christian country such as America. No Christian is going to chop your head off for not converting.

So what problem do you have with other people believing in the God of Avaham Yizchak and Yaakov anyhow?

this isn't a christian country.

No I am sure there are many people like you.

But then, you need to learn for yourself through your own experiences that there is a God. You need to seek Him out on your own. Otherwise you can't know for yourself. It doesn't matter what the Light gets right or wrong. It doesn't excuse your duty to seek the truth and to live it when you find it.

Oh, I have seeked. Nada...

You allegedly "sought."

Oh God, you are obviously not a fan of Monty Python or that brand of humour are you...

...they read posts by the true-blue god botherers (ie, The Light), it only reinforces the fact there is no god? And if by some minor miracle it turns out that there is some sort of god out there, he or she would be sorely disappointed with the quality of his or her recruits

No but you are one of the many that feel the need to insult and belittle believers. It is common practice among message board Atheists. It doesn't however, sway any true Christian from their beliefs. Those that insult do so in order to make themselves feel superior or more intelligent when actually it does the opposite.

Who have I insulted other than fundies? I do that all the time - whether they be Christian, Muslim or Jewish. I am an equal-opportunity fundie basher and make no apologies for doing so...

I do not feel superior or more intelligent to any normal reasonable folk. I just object to Nimrod's being condescending to those of us who don't believe...

...and if you fall in that category, fuck you....:cool:

I don't think that's what Dr Grump did...Do you???

You don't pick up nuance all that well, do you?

If you read the OP, you will see I am having a go at a particular Christian, not the norm. ie, religious zealot, born again types...

So no, you don't pick up on nuance yourself.

As for 'history' between you and I, I hardly engage with you. You are an arrogant twerp who likes the sound of his own gums yapping...

I got it. So you are one that likes "religious" Christians. The ones that have thoughts about what they would like God to be like and how he can better fit their lives. The ones that create their own gods.

You don't mind religions and gods, just not the one true God. Fair enough. Keep in mind though that hoping he doesn't exist won't make him vanish.

Last edited:
Christians trying to take over the world.

What's it to you? As long as you choose to not believe you may go your merry own way while in a Christian country such as America. No Christian is going to chop your head off for not converting.

So what problem do you have with other people believing in the God of Avaham Yizchak and Yaakov anyhow?

You are right it is ceasing to be each and every day BO is in office.

However, when a religious person knocks on our door and invites us to their church I thank them, afterall they have nothing but positive intent.
But an atheist has nothing positive to offer. Their intent is rarely positive, usually ranging from smug self promotion or just plain insulting.

Athiests are doing you and the world a service by attempting to make the human species smarter by pointing out that basing one's life on fantasy is childish and ultimately dangerous. That is a positive effort.

"Brainwash"??? Are you that weak minded that you are afraid someone talking about Christ will brainwash anyone.

Your intellect is astonishingly fragmented..disjointed..dishonest and wilfully ignorant. The mental disease known as christianity cannot make me weak minded. What it can do is infest the fabric of our society and do harm to the freedoms and rights we enjoy as Americans. It also roadblocks advances in science and the physical and mental health of our species.

If Christians would keep their fantasies to themselves and only propagandise those that come to your cult willingly leaving the rest of us alone I would have no problem with it.

I'm not the only one that feels "your missions" are intrusive and vile. An LDS church was burnt to the ground near here this weekend. It appears some have less patience than I for your tripe. My only criticism of that event was that they didn't do it in the light of day after chaining the doors shut.

Check this out sparky..there are some that believe just as strongly as you do in your "faith" that your ignorance is a dangerous blight on human beings and should be treated the same as any other destructive pest infestation.

Just sayin...:eusa_whistle:

I got it. So you are one that likes "religious" Christians. The ones that have thoughts about what they would like God to be like and how he can better fit their lives. The ones that create their own gods.

You don't mind religions and gods, just not the one true God. Fair enough. Keep in mind though that hoping he doesn't exist won't make him vanish.

The problems with the likes of you - as compared to normal Christians - is that your belief in what Christianity stands for is the only true way.

There are cults within your cult...

The problems with the likes of you - as compared to normal Christians - is that your belief in what Christianity stands for is the only true way.

There are cults within your cult...

It has to be the belief. It's what Jesus said.

You know....Christ? The guy that Christianity is based on?

It's not like a Christian can pick and choose which part of the Gospel he will adhere to. We have to take the whole deal into our hearts or we're hypocrites....which is why there are so many bad Christians around for folks like you to make fun of.

You are right it is ceasing to be each and every day BO is in office.

it never was, zealot.

i suspect if the uber religious stopped trying to use their religious beliefs as a basis for law and policy, then we'd all ignore them. :)

but feel free to tell THEM to STFU and it's all good.

No. It would be nice if they stopped there...but recently they've been attempting to take God out of our lives even though it's against the law to do so.

It's really none of their business to stop people from believing in fantasies. And believing in a fantasy doesn't make one less smart. After all....Star Trek became the inspiration for cell phones. What was once fantasy is now reality.

thumbnail.aspx

It's really none of their business to stop people from believing in fantasies. And believing in a fantasy doesn't make one less smart. After all....Star Trek became the inspiration for cell phones. What was once fantasy is now reality.

So it was a trekkie who picked up his phone and thought: gee, I could be like captain Kirk if I could just find a way to lose the cord? :lol:
I wonder if he was wearing some Spock ears at the time? :lol:

It's not like a Christian can pick and choose which part of the Gospel he will adhere to. We have to take the whole deal into our hearts or we're hypocrites....which is why there are so many bad Christians around for folks like you to make fun of.

And which deal is that? The Catholic? Presbytarian? Unitarian? Methodist? Baptist? Southern Baptist? Born Again? Seventh Day Adventist? Mormon? Christian Scientist? Anglican? Jehovah Witness?

Which is the correct way to interpret the gospel? Please do tell....

And which deal is that? The Catholic? Presbytarian? Unitarian? Methodist? Baptist? Southern Baptist? Born Again? Seventh Day Adventist? Mormon? Christian Scientist? Anglican? Jehovah Witness?

Which is the correct way to interpret the gospel? Please do tell....

Maybe if you read and comprehended the Bible you'd already know the answer to that.

It's pretty straight forward.

I'm just saying.....:eusa_angel:

The problem I see with most atheists and agnostics is they don't really understand the Bible. The Gospel isn't about religion...it's about spirituality. Religions pick their part of the Gospel to focus on and even make up their own strange rituals. This was something Christ told us to avoid.

The problem I see with most atheists and agnostics is they don't really understand the Bible. The Gospel isn't about religion...it's about spirituality. Religions pick their part of the Gospel to focus on and even make up their own strange rituals. This was something Christ told us to avoid.

Do you think if I got members of those branches of Christianity I mentioned in my last post together in a room and repeated what you said they would agree with you?

Forum List

Back