Am I the only athiest on here, who when...

For me "god" is simple believing in something bigger then yourself. It is believing in something more powerful and knowledgeable.

I any of us had the ability to time travel back to the far past, we would be considered gods in those terms.

I am not arrogant enough to believe we are the only things in the universe. I have my own ideas of how the universe is ordered and it has nothing to do with any god.

as always, you (being a dumbass) missed the point.

Not surprising.

:lol:

Here is what Chump, the dick-stain, said: "And if by some minor miracle it turns out that there is some sort of god out there, he or she would be sorely disappointed with the quality of his or her recruits."

So if one disagrees with Chump's opinion (belief) then one is a "recruit" and a recruit in whom the Almighty would be disappointed. But go ahead and defend the pussy as though what he said wasn't clear, and plainly arrogant and ridiculous! :thup:

Further, if you'd bother to read his OP, you'd see that Chump, the fucktard, said that it is a "fact" that there is no God. And of course, that's NOT a fact. It is his mere belief.

You are wrong of course, because you obviously didn't read the op ed.
I talked about 'true blue' god botherers - ie fundies. Most Christians on here -and Jews and Muslims to be fair - are not fundies.

Maybe the nuance was too subtle for a thick-as-pig-shit lose like yourself. Then again, you are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic and not the brightest bulb in the socket...

No I am sure there are many people like you.

But then, you need to learn for yourself through your own experiences that there is a God. You need to seek Him out on your own. Otherwise you can't know for yourself. It doesn't matter what the Light gets right or wrong. It doesn't excuse your duty to seek the truth and to live it when you find it.

Oh, I have seeked. Nada...

as always, you (being a dumbass) missed the point.

Not surprising.

Here is what Chump, the dick-stain, said: "And if by some minor miracle it turns out that there is some sort of god out there, he or she would be sorely disappointed with the quality of his or her recruits."

So if one disagrees with Chump's opinion (belief) then one is a "recruit" and a recruit in whom the Almighty would be disappointed. But go ahead and defend the pussy as though what he said wasn't clear, and plainly arrogant and ridiculous! :thup:

Further, if you'd bother to read his OP, you'd see that Chump, the fucktard, said that it is a "fact" that there is no God. And of course, that's NOT a fact. It is his mere belief.

You are wrong of course, because you obviously didn't read the op ed.
I talked about 'true blue' god botherers - ie fundies. Most Christians on here -and Jews and Muslims to be fair - are not fundies.

Maybe the nuance was too subtle for a thick-as-pig-shit lose like yourself. Then again, you are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic and not the brightest bulb in the socket...

Bullshit.

Whoever you may have had in mind at the outset got more than overshadowed by your typically narrow-minded prose, shit-for-brains.

Seriously, what you posted (the part that is attributable to you, yourself, you dishonest douche) speaks for itself and speaks for you. Sadly for you, what it says about you is also quite clear. It's ok that you now feel embarrassed. That's a healthy sign. You should be embarrassed.

We could parse out exactly what you said some more (well, I could; you lack the capacity, sadly) but you'd just be dishonest some more about what you had said. No matter. It's recorded.

That means you're stuck with it. Ask some adult to help you with that concept.

I don't think that's what Dr Grump did...Do you???

You don't pick up nuance all that well, do you?

If you read the OP, you will see I am having a go at a particular Christian, not the norm. ie, religious zealot, born again types...

So no, you don't pick up on nuance yourself.

As for 'history' between you and I, I hardly engage with you.

You are an arrogant twerp who likes the sound of his own gums yapping...

Funny, I was wondering that...I don't remember encountering him much either. :lol:

:rolleyes: Have another drink, Belush..

:rolleyes:

Zzz.

You are like Frank Burns, Venereal. You are even boring in technicolor.

You choose to buy the bullshit spewed by Dr. Chump. Lap that shit up. But just because you choose to be willfully blind doesn't mean that your "view" holds any water, stupid.

I see your true colors shining through! :thup:

:rolleyes: Have another drink, Belush..

:rolleyes:

Zzz.

You are like Frank Burns, Venereal. You are even boring in technicolor.

You choose to buy the bullshit spewed by Dr. Chump. Lap that shit up. But just because you choose to be willfully blind doesn't mean that your "view" holds any water, stupid.

I see your true colors shining through! :thup:

And I have also discerned yours. Technicolor, in fact. As I noted.

:thup:

What we see as the actual OP:

...they read posts by the true-blue god botherers (ie, The Light), it only reinforces the fact there is no god? And if by some minor miracle it turns out that there is some sort of god out there, he or she would be sorely disappointed with the quality of his or her recruits

What Liability sees:

Bullshit.

Whoever you may have had in mind at the outset got more than overshadowed by your typically narrow-minded prose, shit-for-brains.

Seriously, what you posted (the part that is attributable to you, yourself, you dishonest douche) speaks for itself and speaks for you. Sadly for you, what it says about you is also quite clear. It's ok that you now feel embarrassed. That's a healthy sign. You should be embarrassed.

We could parse out exactly what you said some more (well, I could; you lack the capacity, sadly) but you'd just be dishonest some more about what you had said. No matter. It's recorded.

Parse out that nuance...Riiiiight. :cuckoo:

...they read posts by the true-blue god botherers (ie, The Light), it only reinforces the fact there is no god? And if by some minor miracle it turns out that there is some sort of god out there, he or she would be sorely disappointed with the quality of his or her recruits

What Liability sees:

Bullshit.

You choose NOT to see what's directly before your eyes. Blame can probably be assigned to your brain. The eyes are directly connected to the brain, of course.

That God allegedly does not exist is not a "fact."

The quality of His recruits is not rationally judged by an idiot like Dr. Chump or you based on any one example of a Believer. I am not aware of the views of the USMB member called "The Light." So, I cannot address whether Dr. chump's snide attack on him (or her) is well founded or completely baseless. But that's beside the point.

If folks were to judge the intellectual capacity of all atheists using Dr. Chump as the standard, atheists would look pretty bad. Thus, we see that it would be unfair and illogical to do such a thing. Someone should whisper in Chump's ear. Not you, however, Valkerie. It appears you aren't exactly up to snuff yourself. :lol:

Just highlighted probably the most important part of the post.....which you failed to notice. Now we definitely know nuance ain't your thang.

No surprises there...

Now say 'thank you' to me for having educated your ignorant arse...:cool:

What Liability sees:

Bullshit.

You choose NOT to see what's directly before your eyes. Blame can probably be assigned to your brain. The eyes are directly connected to the brain, of course.

That God allegedly does not exist is not a "fact."

The quality of His recruits is not rationally judged by an idiot like Dr. Chump or you based on any one example of a Believer. I am not aware of the views of the USMB member called "The Light." So, I cannot address whether Dr. chump's snide attack on him (or her) is well founded or completely baseless. But that's beside the point.

If folks were to judge the intellectual capacity of all atheists using Dr. Chump as the standard, atheists would look pretty bad. Thus, we see that it would be unfair and illogical to do such a thing. Someone should whisper in Chump's ear. Not you, however, Valkerie. It appears you aren't exactly up to snuff yourself. :lol:

You keep telling yourself that. :lol:

I don't see ANYone else not getting Dr Grump's intention here...

Not only is it in the OP but he reiterated in post 7 after your initial misunderstanding.

Si

I'm pretty much the same as you with regard to belief. I just find the real holy rollers turn offs and do nothing to advance their cause...

After this point it seems apparent you must have a bone to pick with him...

Yet, he explains in his last response to you:

If you read the OP, you will see I am having a go at a particular Christian, not the norm. ie, religious zealot, born again types...

So no, you don't pick up on nuance yourself.

As for 'history' between you and I, I hardly engage with you. You are an arrogant twerp who likes the sound of his own gums yapping...

Ironically, in your knee-jerk charges of arrogance toward Grump and your subsequent charge of my not being able to see "nuance" in his OP, you made it clear it is YOU who are blind and refuse to see, and you who can't seem to admit being wrong, AND :lol: BONUS you resort to big PINK font while you call me all sorts of names.

Dr Grump got it right on..You are an arrogant twerp who likes the sound of his own gums yapping... :blahblah:

I think Liability is accusing Grump of Biden level plagiarism. And if he is, he should show the direct Mencken quote.

I have read the same sentiments in different form from Mencken too often to count. but I lack a Mencken concordance, and Can't direct the charge myself, as I can't quote chapter and verse.

But it really is odd to see Grump quoting Mencken. It is like Milton Friedman quoting Marx, the Pope quoting Shaw.

Just highlighted probably the most important part of the post.....which you failed to notice. Now we definitely know nuance ain't your thang.

No surprises there...

Doesn't matter your intent, he thinks he knows better about what you think. At this point he's rationalizing his attack on you by by clinging to nuance and word games on account of your using the word fact in that first sentence. :lol:

And the irony of all this, is that I deliberately/intentionally put in the words "true blue" and gave the example of The Light (eightballs is another that comes to mind) because I wasn't meaning the average, run of the mill Christian/Jew/Muslim.

So his whole attack is based on something that I don't believe in anyway..., which is why he's a little ...:cuckoo:

And the irony of all this, is that I deliberately/intentionally put in the words "true blue" and gave the example of The Light (eightballs is another that comes to mind) because I wasn't meaning the average, run of the mill Christian/Jew/Muslim.

So his whole attack is based on something that I don't believe in anyway..., which is why he's a little ...:cuckoo:

Your dishonest attempt to cover up what you have been quoted as saying does not assist you, Dr. Chump.

And by the way, the alleged non existence of God cannot be called a "fact," even though you tried that idiotic ploy. Are you always that addled and confused or is it JUST dishonesty on your part?

Speaking of :cuckoo:. You got it goin' on! :lol:

No I am sure there are many people like you.

But then, you need to learn for yourself through your own experiences that there is a God. You need to seek Him out on your own. Otherwise you can't know for yourself. It doesn't matter what the Light gets right or wrong. It doesn't excuse your duty to seek the truth and to live it when you find it.

Oh, I have seeked. Nada...

That's cause you stopped.

No surprises there...

The relevant highlighting, of course, was mine.

I love educating ignorant assholes like you, Chump.

Don't mention it.

Forum List

Back