Am I the only athiest on here, who when...

Si

I'm pretty much the same as you with regard to belief. I just find the real holy rollers turn offs and do nothing to advance their cause...

I have to agree with you regarding the premise of this thread.

First, I am a Christian. I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

However, I do agree that we Christians must certainly be a disappointment to the Lord. Especially the "Religious Right" who I now struggle to find the Love of Christ in anything they say or do.

Immie

Si

I'm pretty much the same as you with regard to belief. I just find the real holy rollers turn offs and do nothing to advance their cause...

However, I do agree that we Christians must certainly be a disappointment to the Lord. Especially the "Religious Right" who I now struggle to find the Love of Christ in anything they say or do.

Immie
I have always been curious as to why God is so helpless in defending his good name from abuse by the "Religious Right?"

...they read posts by the true-blue god botherers (ie, The Light), it only reinforces the fact there is no god? And if by some minor miracle it turns out that there is some sort of god out there, he or she would be sorely disappointed with the quality of his or her recruits
"There is no God, but if there was..."

Apparently your Atheism needs a God to survive.

Si

Immie
I have always been curious as to why God is so helpless in defending his good name from abuse by the "Religious Right?"

I don't find him helpless at all.

Those who know him are not deceived.

Immie

Si

Immie

How long has it been since God did some real ass kicking?

Old testament times?

Immie

Immie

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mr 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if possible, even the elect.

Immie

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mr 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if possible, even the elect.

I may be wrong, but to me, "if possible" has always meant, if it were possible meaning that it is not possible for the elect to be deceived. The NIV translation for both Matthew 24:24 and Mark 13:22 is "if that were possible". The King James Version is "if it were possible" for both passages.

The way I read that is that it is not possible to deceive the elect.

I'm not saying my interpretation is correct, but that is how I understand those two verses.

Immie

Immie

I may be wrong, but to me, "if possible" has always meant, if it were possible meaning that it is not possible for the elect to be deceived. The NIV translation for both Matthew 24:24 and Mark 13:22 is "if that were possible". The King James Version is "if it were possible" for both passages.

The way I read that is that it is not possible to deceive the elect.

I'm not saying my interpretation is correct, but that is how I understand those two verses.

Immie
Well it would certainly be possible for some but probably not for all the elect is the way I would read it. And if your translations are accurate and honest the words "that were" should be italicized if they are included, which means they are ADDED by the translator.

Your dishonest attempt to cover up what you have been quoted as saying does not assist you, Dr. Chump.

And by the way, the alleged non existence of God cannot be called a "fact," even though you tried that idiotic ploy. Are you always that addled and confused or is it JUST dishonesty on your part?

Speaking of :cuckoo:. You got it goin' on! :lol:

Nothing dishonest about the OP...your lack of comprehension abilities is the problem here..

I believe it a fact that there is no god, I bet The Light believes for a fact he or she does exist....

Last edited:
No I am sure there are many people like you.

But then, you need to learn for yourself through your own experiences that there is a God. You need to seek Him out on your own. Otherwise you can't know for yourself. It doesn't matter what the Light gets right or wrong. It doesn't excuse your duty to seek the truth and to live it when you find it.

Oh, I have seeked. Nada...

That's cause you stopped.

You mean you have to start, then stop, then start again? it isn't that hard for him or her to reveal himself/herself Avatar...

...they read posts by the true-blue god botherers (ie, The Light), it only reinforces the fact there is no god? And if by some minor miracle it turns out that there is some sort of god out there, he or she would be sorely disappointed with the quality of his or her recruits
"There is no God, but if there was..."

Apparently your Atheism needs a God to survive.

Prolly the 'idea' of a god....

Last edited:
Your dishonest attempt to cover up what you have been quoted as saying does not assist you, Dr. Chump.

And by the way, the alleged non existence of God cannot be called a "fact," even though you tried that idiotic ploy. Are you always that addled and confused or is it JUST dishonesty on your part?

Speaking of :cuckoo:. You got it goin' on! :lol:

Nothing dishonest about the OP...your lack of comprehension abilities is the problem here..

I believe it a fact that there is no god, I bet The Light believes for a fact he or she does exist....

It should have read...."your lack of comprehension is the problem here."
Not to mention other flaws in the post above.

You must have a problem comprehending the Queen's English.....aye mate?:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
No I am sure there are many people like you.

But then, you need to learn for yourself through your own experiences that there is a God. You need to seek Him out on your own. Otherwise you can't know for yourself. It doesn't matter what the Light gets right or wrong. It doesn't excuse your duty to seek the truth and to live it when you find it.

Oh, I have seeked. Nada...

You allegedly "sought."

Granted I got here late, but what are Christian scriptures doing on an atheist thread?

Christians trying to take over the world.

What's it to you? As long as you choose to not believe you may go your merry own way while in a Christian country such as America. No Christian is going to chop your head off for not converting.

So what problem do you have with other people believing in the God of Avaham Yizchak and Yaakov anyhow?

No but you are one of the many that feel the need to insult and belittle believers. It is common practice among message board Atheists. It doesn't however, sway any true Christian from their beliefs. Those that insult do so in order to make themselves feel superior or more intelligent when actually it does the opposite.

Forum List

Back