The movie - Skyline

THE LIGHT

Silver Member
Skyline is a new movie that is set to come out some time in November of this year and has stunning undertones. The subtitle of the movie is "Don't look up" because anyone who looks up at the blue lights is abducted by the aliens. This is the exact opposite of what the Bible tells us to do...

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up
your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. (Luke 21:28)

skyline.jpg

It is also interesting looking at some of their promotional pictures because you would think it was the Rapture.

skyline_long.jpg

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is a response by Satan to the concept of the rapture. That he is trying to spread the lie that it is aliens abducting people when Christ comes to rapture the church and that these benevolent aliens are removing the evil Christians so that world peace can begin?

There's a documentary called "Ancient Aliens" about sightings and contacts and their possible influence on Biblical writings. Yeah it's plausable.

It's funny tho- if aliens have the technology to travel here, why would we have to look up before they can snatch us.

Last edited:
A LOT of movies have Biblical undertones that the discerning can see.

The Matrix, the first one, flabbergasted me with it's Scriptural basis.

To me? HowEVER we're taken, it will be by God's will and it will be to His heaven,

and I'll never stop looking up, to see Him coming, in glory, for His people.

I'm a sucker for good sci-fi flicks.

From the trailer, it looks like a good old alien invasion, a mix between War of the Worlds and Independence Day.

I'll see it when it comes to Netflix or DVD. (I don't go to movies in the theater).

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is a response by Satan to the concept of the rapture. That he is trying to spread the lie that it is aliens abducting people when Christ comes to rapture the church and that these benevolent aliens are removing the evil Christians so that world peace can begin?

That must be it. :lol:

Steven Hawkins
Jent is an expert on Professor "Steven Hawkins", an atheistic Voltron-like being formed when scientists Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins combined into a single entity.

Last edited:
Jaysus...Are you serious The Light? it's a fucking movie...
...There are Christians and then there are Christians....man you are off the deep end

That coming from a man with THIS as his signature?

"Religion attacks us in our deepest integrity by saying we wouldn't be able to make a moral decision without it, and that a supernatural dictatorship is our only hope. That makes us all into serfs. And chess and Tantric sex and Chinese food are pointless if you must enjoy them as a serf.'' Christopher Hitchens.

1. Dr. Grump, I've seen evidence of your "deepest integrity" most people wouldn't bother attacking it....(stepping aside)

2. When did anyone ever say anyone couldn't make a moral decision without 'religion'?

3. The only thing dictatorshiply about God is His ultimate rejection of sin as a part of Himself. He is the Author of freedom, even providing alternative choices for you to make. That He doesn't allow the evil that many prefer, to pollute life everlasting is...well, I just thank Him for that, and His mercy, and the great lengths He went through that we could reconcile with Him, paying the wages of sin Himself.

I hope you enjoy whatever it is you chose over Him while you can. It's a shortlived and expensive choice and I hope you change your mind.

From the trailer:

"Steven Hawkins...arguably one of the most smartest persons on the planet.."

rofl.gif

First mistake.

Smarter than you. Thats all that counts.

oh ouch, what wit, what a scathing insult, however will I recover... :badgrin:

You forgot to add "and eventually leave in a huff again after I make a fool of intelligent conservative and make all christians look like loons".

Skyline is a new movie that is set to come out some time in November of this year and has stunning undertones. The subtitle of the movie is "Don't look up" because anyone who looks up at the blue lights is abducted by the aliens. This is the exact opposite of what the Bible tells us to do...

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up
your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. (Luke 21:28)

skyline.jpg

It is also interesting looking at some of their promotional pictures because you would think it was the Rapture.

skyline_long.jpg

Well, they either stumbled on the storyline completely oblivious to the fact that it's the exact opposite message in the Bible, or Satan inspired it. Either way I'm sure he's applauding.

The appluase of Satan, some people would actually be happy about that.

Dr. Grump, seriously, how would you feel if you caught a glimpse of Satan applauding you?

Kalam?

radioman?

I'm not pointing fingers, I'm sure we've all done tons of stuff that gets applauded by Satan, just wondering what your reactions would be.

Forum List

Back