Alvin Bragg and Judge Juan Merchan To Allow Suborning of Perjury

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
In the Manhattan DS trial (on bogus charges) Alvin Bragg seeks to call Michael Cohen as his key witness. Trump's attorneys have objected in a pre-trial filing, rightfully pointing out that Cohen is a convicted liar and perjurer.

Calling a known and convicted liar is tantamount to suborning perjury.

A day ago, judge Merchan said Cohen can be called by the People, thus himself allowing suborning perjury.

Today, a day later, a Federal judge denied Michael Cohen’s attempt to end his supervised release early after finding Donald Trump’s former attorney likely “committed perjury” in past testimony.

US District Judge Jesse Furman agreed there was a change, but not one that helped Cohen.​
“In short, there was ‘a substantial change in circumstances’ between Cohen’s third failed application and this, his fourth. But that change — his October 2023 testimony, which was either perjurious or confirms that he committed perjury before this Court — makes plain that Cohen should be required to serve out the remainder of his supervised release term,” the judge wrote.​
Last fall, Cohen testified that he lied to Judge William Pauley when he pleaded guilty in 2018 to tax evasion, claiming he had not evaded taxes.​
It gives rise to two possibilities: one, Cohen committed perjury when he pleaded guilty before Judge Pauley or, two, Cohen committed perjury in his October 2023 testimony,” Furman wrote.​

Judge denies Michael Cohen bid to end supervised release and suggests he committed perjury​

The people should be embarrassed, judge Marchan should hang his head in shame after this if he does not change his mind and disqualify Cohen testimony.

The People ought not be allowed to suborn perjury. No judges should permit it.

In the Manhattan DS trial (on bogus charges) Alvin Bragg seeks to call Michael Cohen as his key witness. Trump's attorneys have objected in a pre-trial filing, rightfully pointing out that Cohen is a convicted liar and perjurer.

A day ago, judge Merchan said Cohen can be called by the People, thus himself allowing suborning perjury.

Today, a day later, a Federal judge denied Michael Cohen’s attempt to end his supervised release early after finding Donald Trump’s former attorney likely “committed perjury” in past testimony.

US District Judge Jesse Furman agreed there was a change, but not one that helped Cohen.​
“In short, there was ‘a substantial change in circumstances’ between Cohen’s third failed application and this, his fourth. But that change — his October 2023 testimony, which was either perjurious or confirms that he committed perjury before this Court — makes plain that Cohen should be required to serve out the remainder of his supervised release term,” the judge wrote.​
Last fall, Cohen testified that he lied to Judge William Pauley when he pleaded guilty in 2018 to tax evasion, claiming he had not evaded taxes.​
It gives rise to two possibilities: one, Cohen committed perjury when he pleaded guilty before Judge Pauley or, two, Cohen committed perjury in his October 2023 testimony,” Furman wrote.​

The people should be embarrassed, judge Marchan should hang his head in shame after this if he does not change his mind and disqualify Cohen testimony.

Not the same, at all. I am sure the trump lawyers will get a chance to attack the witness in front of the jurors for the jurors to decide. Of course, being trump lawyers, they may not be very good in courtrooms.

Not the same, at all. I am sure the trump lawyers will get a chance to attack the witness in front of the jurors for the jurors to decide. Of course, being trump lawyers, they may not be very good in courtrooms.

Nope, not how it works when you have a Cohen, who is an admitted liar and convicted of lying to Congress and who a Federal judge said today that he [Cohen] likely committed perjury late last year.

Allowing such a person to testify is tantamount to suborning perjury. And is 'pollution of the trial'.

No lawyer, whether prosecutor or defense counsel, civil or criminal, may knowingly present lies to a jury and then sit idly by while opposing counsel struggles to contain this pollution of the trial.” [ United States v. LaPage (9th Cir. 2000) 231 F3d 488, 492—criminal conviction overturned where prosecutor failed to correct prosecutorial testimony known to be false] (emphasis added)​

Nope, not how it works when you have a Cohen, who is an admitted liar and convicted of lying to Congress and who a Federal judge said today that he [Cohen] likely committed perjury late last year.

Allowing such a person to testify is tantamount to suborning perjury. And is 'pollution of the trial'.

No lawyer, whether [b[prosecutor[/b] or defense counsel, civil or criminal, may knowingly present lies to a jury and then sit idly by while opposing counsel struggles to contain this pollution of the trial.” [ United States v. LaPage (9th Cir. 2000) 231 F3d 488, 492—criminal conviction overturned where prosecutor failed to correct prosecutorial testimony known to be false] (emphasis added)​
BS. Prosecutors have convicts testify all the time, and every one of those convicts said they were not guilty or had their lawyers say it.

BS. Prosecutors have convicts testify all the time, and every one of those convicts said they were not guilty or had their lawyers say it.

LOL Good grief, saying you aren't guilty isn't he same. FFS. Your Terminal TDS is eating your soul.

Allowing a known liar, who lied again late last year per a Federal judge saying so today, is to allow, as the above 9th Circuit ruling says, 'pollution of the trial'.

LOL Good grief, saying you aren't guilty isn't he same. FFS. Your Terminal TDS is eating your soul.

Allowing a known liar, who lied again late last year per a Federal judge saying so today, is to allow, as the above 9th Circuit ruling says, 'pollution of the trial'.
That is your opinion. File a brief, in the case. I do not mind.
Opinions are like assholes, and you certainly are an asshole, much of the time.

That is your opinion. File a brief, in the case. I do not mind.
Opinions are like assholes, and you certainly are an asshole, much of the time.

LOL

No, it is an opinion of numerous courts, including the above referenced 9th Circuit opinion overturning a conviction, that allowing such a witness is 'pollution of the trial'.

And as I have said in the past, you'd be on ignore long ago if I could do it. Your childish ad hominem show who you really are.

LOL

No, it is an opinion of numerous courts, including the above referenced 9th Circuit opinion overturning a conviction, that allowing such a witness is 'pollution of the trial'.

And as I have said in the past, you'd be on ignore long ago if I could do it. Your childish ad hominem show who you really are.
Tell it to the Judge, dufus.

Trump loses bid to block Michael Cohen, Stormy Daniels testimony at hush money trial​

In rejecting Trump's request to block Cohen's testimony, Merchan wrote he was unaware of any basis for Trump's "rationale that a prosecution witness should be kept off the witness stand because his credibility has been called into question."

The Republican presidential candidate has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records to cover up his reimbursement of Cohen for the payment to Daniels for her silence about a sexual encounter she says she had with Trump in 2006. Trump denies an encounter.

Tell it to the Judge, dufus.

Trump loses bid to block Michael Cohen, Stormy Daniels testimony at hush money trial​

In rejecting Trump's request to block Cohen's testimony, Merchan wrote he was unaware of any basis for Trump's "rationale that a prosecution witness should be kept off the witness stand because his credibility has been called into question."

The Republican presidential candidate has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records to cover up his reimbursement of Cohen for the payment to Daniels for her silence about a sexual encounter she says she had with Trump in 2006. Trump denies an encounter.

Derp, I already included that in the OP. Maybe try and read it?

Here, I'll make it easy for you. From the OP:

No lawyer, whether prosecutor or defense counsel, civil or criminal, may knowingly present lies to a jury and then sit idly by while opposing counsel struggles to contain this pollution of the trial.” [ United States v. LaPage (9th Cir. 2000) 231 F3d 488, 492—criminal conviction overturned where prosecutor failed to correct prosecutorial testimony known to be false] (emphasis added)​
You should forward your argument to Trump's attorneys.

LOL

You really are an asshole much of the time. It is good to see you in fear.

Derp, I already included that in the OP. Maybe try and read it?

Here, I'll make it easy for you. From the OP:

Mercham, simply does not agree with you on the suborning perjury thing, regarding testimony against trump in the stormy case. I don't agree with you either, but the Judge made the call, and he knows the law better than either one of us, especially you.

Judge denies Michael Cohen bid to end supervised release and suggests he committed perjury

Lol. Yep we better let everyone that has ever had people with a record testify against them out of Prison. Would save us a lot of money. That would nearly empty prisons.

Lol. Yep we better let everyone that has ever had people with a record testify against them out of Prison. Would save us a lot of money. That would nearly empty prisons.

Nope, I said people CONVICTED of lying and perjury, as Cohen has been, and who today a Federal judge said committed perjury this last October.

Does that soothe your head? If not, try a large block of ice.

Nope, I said people CONVICTED of lying and perjury, as Cohen has been, and who today a Federal judge said committed perjury this last October.

Lol, remind me again what did he get convicted of lying about? Oh ya

Lol, you mean the guy who got convicted of lying for Trump and at Trumps orders and it was proven. Lol, now he can't talk about Trumps complicity, huh. Hilarious Good one. Lol how many other convicted criminals does Trump hang around? Birds of a feather and such.

Forum List

Back