Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic rec

Really? Did you see the one repealing Obama's short-sighted moratorium on drilling in the Gulf? The moratorium that put thousands out of work?

Dave, I'm not sure where you're getting your facts, but you really need to refresh your memory on that event.
I get my facts from reality. The oil spill happened, Obama panicked, and put thousands of people out of work.

You want to pretend otherwise, go ahead. But don't insist I share your delusion.
The government needs to get out of the way so business can thrive. You're incapable of understanding the fact that government is not the solution to every problem.

You're incapable of seeing that the market isn't the solution to every problem.
It's the solution to massive unemployment.
I'm interested in seeing people thrive.
No, you're not. You support Democratic Party policies.
I support an environment that sustains human life.
So do I. But unlike you, I balance that support with support for a healthy, growing economy.

awww how cute..so you're saying the people in florida are too stupid to KNOW what is THEIR best interest?
Don't you just LOVE when you hear this one.:eusa_whistle:

Didn't Bush do that when he exerted Federal power over California's desire to decriminalize marijuana?

Didn't Bush do that when he exerted Federal power over Oregon's desire to legalize assisted-suicide?
Didn't Obama do that when he shut down drilling in the Gulf, putting thousands of of work and costing the economy millions?

Hey retard - try to follow the conversation. She's making the "Liberals think they know better than flyover folk what's good for them" argument, not me. I definitely think that policy wonks make better decisions than your basic low information voter - who isn't low information because they are stupid, it's because they a) hate politics b) don't have an interest in politics c) are stupid (there are a lot of them - go to Walmart, or Disney, or KMart for proof) d) just don't have time to try to actually understand the issues.

It's been chronicled in illuminating books like "What's The Matter With Kansas?"

cover_whatsthematter.jpg

Thomas Frank said:
But on closer inspection the country we have inhabited for the last three decades seems more like a panorama of madness and delusion worthy of Hieronymous Bosch: of sturdy patriots reciting the Pledge while they resolutely strangle their own life chances; of small farmers proudly voting themselves off the land; of devoted family men carefully seeing to it that their children will never be able to afford college or proper health care; of hardened blue-collar workers in midwestern burgs cheering as they deliver up a landslide for a candidate whose policies will end their way of life, will transform their region into a “rust belt,” will strike people like them blows from which they will never recover.
So, yeah - I applaud the drilling moratorium, because without it, those irresponsible assholes would be right back out there, deciding that paying off and litigating is cheaper. And a lot of regular citizens in Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida would be all for it, willing to take the chance on another major spill. But the oil doesn't just stop at Louisiana's coastal state line. The oil industry does not own the Gulf, and neither Rubio or Nelson or Scott is going to let them gamble with Florida's economy and coast. It's just not going to happen.

But I believe in the power of the Federal government to do this. Just like I believe in their power to force George Wallace to integrate his schools.

Didn't Bush do that when he exerted Federal power over California's desire to decriminalize marijuana?

Didn't Bush do that when he exerted Federal power over Oregon's desire to legalize assisted-suicide?
Didn't Obama do that when he shut down drilling in the Gulf, putting thousands of of work and costing the economy millions?

Hey retard - try to follow the conversation. She's making the "Liberals think they know better than flyover folk what's good for them" argument, not me. I definitely think that policy wonks make better decisions than your basic low information voter - who isn't low information because they are stupid, it's because they a) hate politics b) don't have an interest in politics c) are stupid (there are a lot of them - go to Walmart, or Disney, or KMart for proof) d) just don't have time to try to actually understand the issues.

It's been chronicled in illuminating books like "What's The Matter With Kansas?"

cover_whatsthematter.jpg

Thomas Frank said:
But on closer inspection the country we have inhabited for the last three decades seems more like a panorama of madness and delusion worthy of Hieronymous Bosch: of sturdy patriots reciting the Pledge while they resolutely strangle their own life chances; of small farmers proudly voting themselves off the land; of devoted family men carefully seeing to it that their children will never be able to afford college or proper health care; of hardened blue-collar workers in midwestern burgs cheering as they deliver up a landslide for a candidate whose policies will end their way of life, will transform their region into a “rust belt,” will strike people like them blows from which they will never recover.
So, yeah - I applaud the drilling moratorium, because without it, those irresponsible assholes would be right back out there, deciding that paying off and litigating is cheaper. And a lot of regular citizens in Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida would be all for it, willing to take the chance on another major spill. But the oil doesn't just stop at Louisiana's coastal state line. The oil industry does not own the Gulf, and neither Rubio or Nelson or Scott is going to let them gamble with Florida's economy and coast. It's just not going to happen.

But I believe in the power of the Federal government to do this. Just like I believe in their power to force George Wallace to integrate his schools.

If only we get the government more involved, healthcare and college will be more affordable. LOL!

It's government involvement that's making those things more expensive.
Those silly people in Kansas obviously know more than you and Thomas Frank.

cover_whatsthematter.jpg

Thomas Frank said:

So you ARE saying you know better than people in flyover country what's good for them.

I'm sure that comforts the people your incompetent President put out of work.

cover_whatsthematter.jpg

Thomas Frank said:

If only we get the government more involved, healthcare and college will be more affordable. LOL!

It's government involvement that's making those things more expensive.
Those silly people in Kansas obviously know more than you and Thomas Frank.

You are correct. Both healthcare and college are free in many European countries.

cover_whatsthematter.jpg
Thomas Frank said:

So you ARE saying you know better than people in flyover country what's good for them.

Not me, but policy wonks who study these things, yes. I would go with Nate Silver's numbers over the opinion of some farmer off of a tractor in Nebraska, listening to Rush Limbaugh on his lunch break.

President Obama hasn't put anybody out of work. On the contrary he saved thousands of jobs by rescuing GM, and Chrysler.

And they will be comforted if their pensions are still there and haven't been lost by reckless Wall Street gamblers operating under Republican deregulation.

cover_whatsthematter.jpg

Not me, but policy wonks who study these things, yes. I would go with Nate Silver's numbers over the opinion of some farmer off of a tractor in Nebraska, listening to Rush Limbaugh on his lunch break.

President Obama hasn't put anybody out of work. On the contrary he saved thousands of jobs by rescuing GM, and Chrysler.

And they will be comforted if their pensions are still there and haven't been lost by reckless Wall Street gamblers operating under Republican deregulation.

You might want to tell that to the thousands of people Obama put out of work with the drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico, Synth.

cover_whatsthematter.jpg

Obama's moratorium didn't put anybody out of work?

You stupid, stupid little man.

By repealing the act that Obama used to put people out of work in the Gulf of Mexico oil industry, and by removing burdensome regulation from small businesses allowing them to expand.

Contrary to popular leftist non-thought, jobs are created by private industry, not by government.

You will, predictably, screech "Nuh-UH!!"

That's your line. :eusa_angel:

Obama didn't put people out of work. The oil spill put people out of work. You think the tourist and seafood industries are doing well after the oil spill?

Face it, environmental protections are good for the economy.

The "burdensome regulations" line is more recitations. What regulations?

When "environmental protection" is used as an excuse to shut down oil drilling companies that did follow safe drilling procedures simply because Ken Salazar's people in the Department of the Interior don't like drilling of any kind then no, environmental protections aren't good for the economy. When the EPA decides to sidestep Congress and enforce new regulations on green house gases that will substantially raise the cost of doing business in America that isn't good for the economy either. When you try and pass "Cap & Trade" legislation that will make the energy bills of American companies skyrocket, that isn't good for the economy either.

You might want to tell that to the thousands of people Obama put out of work with the drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico, Synth.
He didn't put them out of work. BP oil put them out of work. The oil industry, by not using any of the billions in profits they've earned over the decades to come up with anything more technically advanced than the booms that they were using in the 1970s, put them out of work.

Nope. Barry put em out of work.

How long do you think an oil rig is gonna sit in the Gulf waiting for permission to drill??

The rigs all up and moved to where the will be drilling. The took the jobs with em.

Just the current pipeline that has been stopped. All political BS to gain the support of the environmentalists. How many thousand of jobs have been lost with this little beauty??

Barry is concerned with one thing. Reelection. Jobs don't mean squat to him and I don't think they ever have.

Really? Did you see the one repealing Obama's short-sighted moratorium on drilling in the Gulf? The moratorium that put thousands out of work?

Dave, I'm not sure where you're getting your facts, but you really need to refresh your memory on that event.
I get my facts from reality. The oil spill happened, Obama panicked, and put thousands of people out of work.

You want to pretend otherwise, go ahead. But don't insist I share your delusion.

You need to refresh your memory on events, and on the seriousness of the spill.

You need to refresh your memory on events, and on the seriousness of the spill.

Yeah, it was so serious that he allowed other countries to come in and drill.

Forum List

Back