Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic rec

By repealing the act that Obama used to put people out of work in the Gulf of Mexico oil industry, and by removing burdensome regulation from small businesses allowing them to expand.

Contrary to popular leftist non-thought, jobs are created by private industry, not by government.

You will, predictably, screech "Nuh-UH!!"

Don't tell that to Rick Perry's Texas. He added 125,000 government jobs in 3 years, while losing 178,000 private sector jobs.:

PerryJobs.jpg
Government jobs aren't sustainable, are they?

Are you asking me?

And what does that have to do with you claiming that government doesn't create jobs?

Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic recovery efforts

Q: Do you think the Republicans are intentionally stalling efforts to jumpstart the economy to insure that Barack Obama is not reelected?

Yes: 49%
No: 39%
Undecided: 12%

I love how some people latch on to one question and ignore the rest.

Look at the PDF of the actual survey. Most of the other questions results do not bode well for Democrats and Obama

Q8. Do you think the country is heading in the right direction or is on the
wrong track?
N= 800 100%
Right direction ................................ 1 ( 1/126) 163 20%
Wrong Track .................................... 2 525 66%
Undecided ...................................... 3 112 14%
Wow, yeah that's great news for Obama.

That doesn't reflect on Obama, it reflects on the Republicans in Congress. If they are not cooperating with the president, and the country thinks we are heading on the wrong track, then they will blame Republicans.

Really? Those anti-abortion bills that they're obsessed over are going to help the economy?

The anti-environmental protection bills are going to help the economy?

No, the GOP has not been focused on jobs.
You lie. I've proven the GOP has sent jobs bills to the Senate that the Democrats refuse to take action on.
YOU lie. You ain't proved shit. They aren't jobs bills, they are de-regulation bills.

You didn't blow any holes in it. You asked some questions, and complained that Democrats were allowed to respond.

I didn't 'complain', you halfwit. I asked how the fuck 800 people is representative of a state. I then raised that, of that 800, there was a larger pool of Democrats than Republicans. Also, if you looked at the fucking poll, and reviewed the wording of the questions, you can clearly see a left wing bias. It's not my problem if you're too fucking stupid, too fucking lazy, or too much of a fucking hack to read.

Yes, you complained.

If the poll is correctly conducted, then a sample size of 800 isn't too small for a state.

You don't necessarily set up a poll for even numbers of Dems and Pubs.

The question has been raised in the media since McConnell declared his priorities. As no Democrat has made such a reckless, thoughtless, partisan statement, why ask the question the other way?

Again, you asked some questions. You didn't blow any holes in it.

The first thing any rational being would do with a poll is to interrogate the sample, the size, the wording of the questions, etc.

What this poll does demonstrate is that fucking idiots will believe any old shit as long as it suits them. That includes you. Happily, it does not include me. I'm not an idiot.

As is usually the case, Liberals only read the headline and not the whole article:
Of course, the natural follow up question is important: Will this matter? The Suffolk poll contains no signs that it does. Obama’s approval is at 41 percent in this key swing state, versus 50 percent who disapprove. He’s tied with likely GOP nominee Mitt Romney, 42-42. An equal number — 29 percent — say they will vote either Democratic or Republican “no matter what,” with another 13 percent saying they will only vote Democratic if the economy gets better, meaning DEMS will be held accountable. As I’ve been saying, it’s very possible that the GOP will benefit politically from blocking Obama’s jobs policies, even though they have majority support. This new Florida poll raises another possibility: That Republicans may benefit from blocking Obama’s policies even though voters accept the idea that they’re sabotaging the economy for political reasons.
See that? Even when you win, you lose! :lol:
People in Florida often vote against their own best interests. Notice our new governor.

I didn't 'complain', you halfwit. I asked how the fuck 800 people is representative of a state. I then raised that, of that 800, there was a larger pool of Democrats than Republicans. Also, if you looked at the fucking poll, and reviewed the wording of the questions, you can clearly see a left wing bias. It's not my problem if you're too fucking stupid, too fucking lazy, or too much of a fucking hack to read.

Yes, you complained.

If the poll is correctly conducted, then a sample size of 800 isn't too small for a state.

The question has been raised in the media since McConnell declared his priorities. As no Democrat has made such a reckless, thoughtless, partisan statement, why ask the question the other way?

The first thing any rational being would do with a poll is to interrogate the sample, the size, the wording of the questions, etc.

What this poll does demonstrate is that fucking idiots will believe any old shit as long as it suits them. That includes you. Happily, it does not include me. I'm not an idiot.

An estimate using a sample of 800 will typically have a standard error of about 3.5% and a confidence interval of 95%. In English, the poll will be accurate within 3.5% 19 times out of 20. The sample for the poll in the OP is pretty standard. National polls typically of a sample size of ~1000 people and are accurate within 3% 19 times out of 20.

Best Estimates: A Guide to Sample Size and Margin of Error | Public Agenda
http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/84162-the-mathematics-of-polling.html

As for more Democrats in the poll, that is because there are more registered Democrats in Florida than Republicans. If such a poll didn't have more Democrats than Republicans, it would be statistically biased.

Total number of Florida voters drops

Newly compiled voter registration numbers by the Department of State show that the total number of Florida voters eligible to vote in the Jan. 29th presidential primary is less than the number of voters eligible to vote in the 2006 election.

Voters who wanted to vote in the primary had to register by Dec. 31. The new breakdown shows that there are 10.2 million registered voters in the Sunshine State, compared to 10.43 million registered voters in 2006. Of that total, 3.82 million are Republicans, 4.13 million are Democrats and 1.91 million have no party affiliation. A year ago there were 3.93 million Republicans, 4.21 million Democrats and 1.96 million with no party affiliation.

Total number of Florida voters drops | Naked Politics

As for the biases in the questions, I don't know.

Last edited:
As is usually the case, Liberals only read the headline and not the whole article:
Of course, the natural follow up question is important: Will this matter? The Suffolk poll contains no signs that it does. Obama’s approval is at 41 percent in this key swing state, versus 50 percent who disapprove. He’s tied with likely GOP nominee Mitt Romney, 42-42. An equal number — 29 percent — say they will vote either Democratic or Republican “no matter what,” with another 13 percent saying they will only vote Democratic if the economy gets better, meaning DEMS will be held accountable. As I’ve been saying, it’s very possible that the GOP will benefit politically from blocking Obama’s jobs policies, even though they have majority support. This new Florida poll raises another possibility: That Republicans may benefit from blocking Obama’s policies even though voters accept the idea that they’re sabotaging the economy for political reasons.
People in Florida often vote against their own best interests. Notice our new governor.

awww how cute..so you're saying the people in florida are too stupid to KNOW what is THEIR best interest?
Don't you just LOVE when you hear this one.:eusa_whistle:

I guess you would have liked to keep Charlie Obama

awww how cute..so you're saying the people in florida are too stupid to KNOW what is THEIR best interest?

Didn't Bush do that when he exerted Federal power over California's desire to decriminalize marijuana?

Didn't Bush do that when he exerted Federal power over Oregon's desire to legalize assisted-suicide?

When you find yourself behind the steering wheel of an out of control bus, heading towards a cliff, do you hit the brakes or the gas??? Just curious. :)

Like anyone with a lick of sense, I'd use the steering wheel.

Please don't pretend we should have defaulted on our debt. :cuckoo:

The steering wheel will not save you or the others on the bus. We need to go into consolidation mode and austerity mode. Stop giving away free candy and toys that you have yet to pay for. Stop acting like the only viable actions are the ones you dictate.

Right. I should follow your lead and act like the only viable actions are the ones you dictate. :lol:

Yes, steering will save the folks on the bus.

Austerity mode = 2nd Great Depression.

Increasing the debt ceiling was so that we could pay for expenditures already approved by Congress. Congress cannot rationally vote to spend the money and then refuse to cover those expenditures. Roads and schools are not free candy and toys. Your idea of defaulting on the debt is irrational. IOW, not viable.

Really? Those anti-abortion bills that they're obsessed over are going to help the economy?

You lie. I've proven the GOP has sent jobs bills to the Senate that the Democrats refuse to take action on.

No. You have not. You have shown a bunch of deregulation bills. They might create jobs for doctors and nurses, who will deal with the people made sick by the environmental mess you long to create.

The problem is lack of demand. Not regulation.

Yes, you complained.

Please read Ravi's post. You will find that while you may not be an idiot, you are, in fact, ignorant.

Last edited:

YOU lie. You ain't proved shit. They aren't jobs bills, they are de-regulation bills.
Really? Did you see the one repealing Obama's short-sighted moratorium on drilling in the Gulf? The moratorium that put thousands out of work?

You're a tremendously stupid little man.

The government needs to get out of the way so business can thrive. You're incapable of understanding the fact that government is not the solution to every problem.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's just coincidence that liberals define everyone's best interests as keeping liberals in power.

Didn't Bush do that when he exerted Federal power over California's desire to decriminalize marijuana?

Didn't Bush do that when he exerted Federal power over Oregon's desire to legalize assisted-suicide?
Didn't Obama do that when he shut down drilling in the Gulf, putting thousands of of work and costing the economy millions?

No. You have not. You have shown a bunch of deregulation bills. They might create jobs for doctors and nurses, who will deal with the people made sick by the environmental mess you long to create.
So you support people's jobs being destroyed. Well, as long as Obama is the one destroying them.

Right. I should follow your lead and act like the only viable actions are the ones you dictate.

Increasing the debt ceiling was so that we could pay for expenditures already approved by Congress. Congress cannot rationally vote to spend the money and then refuse to cover those expenditures. Roads and schools are not free candy and toys. Your idea of defaulting on the debt is irrational. IOW, not viable.

Nope. In this scenario , the brakes are all you have. In your case it's too late, you murdered everyone because of your stubbornness. You flipped the bus dickhead, it tumbled over and over, killing women, children, puppies, kittens, bunnies. All you had to do was apply the brakes.... but no.... Murderer. :D

Seriously, without a clear majority you cannot steer Congress to your will. Your argument is unsettling and lacking of support.

Austerity does not equal Depression. Sound reason dictates wise, not frivolous spending. Your argument, as disingenuous as you, is that every time we don't do exactly as you say, we all lose. That is just not the case. Your Judgement is not equal to mine SAT. Nor are your Values.

Yes, what you spend matters, so does how you spend. Do you plant your seeds in fertile ground, rocky ground, or the wayside? If you are not looking for value for value, you will not find it, only throw more money away.

Roads and schools were paid for many times over, had the money not been diverted. Good spin though. Why not focus instead on keeping all of those hands out of the cookie jar, and learn to live within your means. I hope you don't use your own check book the way you proclaim we run Government. That's a crime, if you write checks you can't cover. ;) :):):)

Like anyone with a lick of sense, I'd use the steering wheel.

Please don't pretend we should have defaulted on our debt. :cuckoo:

The steering wheel will not save you or the others on the bus. We need to go into consolidation mode and austerity mode. Stop giving away free candy and toys that you have yet to pay for. Stop acting like the only viable actions are the ones you dictate.

Right. I should follow your lead and act like the only viable actions are the ones you dictate. :lol:

The problem is lack of demand. Not regulation.

Yes, you complained.

Please read Ravi's post. You will find that while you may not be an idiot, you are, in fact, ignorant.

So, we're now taking Ravi as the voice of balance? Much as I like the Ravster, balance is not her strongest trait... her humor, definitely, but balance? No. So, here we have it... you are not only ignorant, you are also an idiot.

Really? All of them?

How many bills from the House are sitting on Harry Reid's desk?

Democrats don't want to pass any Republican bills, because when they work, it'll highlight what failures the Democrats have been.

The Democrats are selling Americans out to retain political power. But then, that's all Democrats have ever been interested in.

Mitch came out and said it, the rest of them say it with their behavior. The GOP is interested in political power at the expense of the nation. Since when is a highway bill controversial?
Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Blog || Senator Reid Blocks Republican Jobs Bills

Below is a list of measures House Republicans have passed related to job creation:

Empower Small Business Owners and Reduce Regulatory Burdens:

H.R. 872, the Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act

Introduced by Rep. Bob Gibbs (OH) on March 2, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 292-130 on March 31, 2011
Senate has taken no action to date
H.R. 910, the Energy Tax Prevention Act

Introduced by Rep. Fred Upton (MI) on March 3, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 255-172 on April 7, 2011
H.J.Res. 37, a Resolution of disapproval regarding the FCC’s regulation of the Internet and broadband industry practices

Introduced by Rep. Greg Walden (OR) on February 16, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 240 to 179 on April 8, 2011
H.Res. 72, a Resolution to direct committees to inventory and review existing, pending, and proposed regulations and order from agencies of the Federal Government, particularly with respect to their effect on jobs and economic growth

Introduced by Rep. Pete Sessions (TX) on February 8, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 391 to 28 on February 11, 2011
The Senate has not directed their committees to take such action

Fix The Tax Code To Help Job Creators:

H.R. 4, the Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act

Introduced by Rep. Dan Lungren (CA) on January 12, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 314 to 112 on March 3, 2011
Passed the Senate by a vote of 87 to 12 on March 31, 2011
Signed into law by the President on April 14, 2011
Maximize Domestic Energy Production To Ensure An Energy Policy For The Twenty-First Century:

H.R. 1230, Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act

Introduced by Rep. Doc Hastings (WA) on March 29, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 266-149 on May 5, 2011
H.R. 1229, Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act

Passed the House by a vote of 263-163 on May 11, 2011
H.R. 1231, Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act

Passed the House by a vote of 243-179 on May 12, 2011
Pay Down America’s Unsustainable Debt Burden and Start Living Within Our Means:

H.Con.Res. 34, a Resolution establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021

Introduced by Rep. Paul Ryan (WI) on April 11, 2011
Passed the House by a vote of 235-193 on April 15, 2011
Senate has not yet considered a budget of their own​
Senate Democrats led by Harry Reid are holding up America's recovery for political reasons.

Don't forget voting to repeal Obamacare.....

Really? Did you see the one repealing Obama's short-sighted moratorium on drilling in the Gulf? The moratorium that put thousands out of work?

Dave, I'm not sure where you're getting your facts, but you really need to refresh your memory on that event.

The government needs to get out of the way so business can thrive. You're incapable of understanding the fact that government is not the solution to every problem.

You're incapable of seeing that the market isn't the solution to every problem.

I'm interested in seeing people thrive.

So you support people's jobs being destroyed. Well, as long as Obama is the one destroying them.

I support an environment that sustains human life.

Nope. In this scenario , the brakes are all you have. In your case it's too late, you murdered everyone because of your stubbornness. You flipped the bus dickhead, it tumbled over and over, killing women, children, puppies, kittens, bunnies. All you had to do was apply the brakes.... but no.... Murderer. :D

Seriously, without a clear majority you cannot steer Congress to your will. Your argument is unsettling and lacking of support.

Austerity does not equal Depression. Sound reason dictates wise, not frivolous spending. Your argument, as disingenuous as you, is that every time we don't do exactly as you say, we all lose. That is just not the case. Your Judgement is not equal to mine SAT. Nor are your Values.

I'm sorry, but you need to work on this argument. It boils down to absolutely nothing. I can't steer Congress to my will without a clear majority? Duh. My argument unsettles you? So what? You're in favor of wise spending? How unique. You get to claim that we all have to listen to your opinions, but I can't claim the same? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yes, what you spend matters, so does how you spend. Do you plant your seeds in fertile ground, rocky ground, or the wayside? If you are not looking for value for value, you will not find it, only throw more money away.

Roads and schools were paid for many times over, had the money not been diverted. Good spin though. Why not focus instead on keeping all of those hands out of the cookie jar, and learn to live within your means. I hope you don't use your own check book the way you proclaim we run Government. That's a crime, if you write checks you can't cover. ;) :):):)

Roads and schools have been paid for many times over? More crazy. Roads and schools are not free toys, and we keep needing to maintain them and to build them. Your comment was flippant and ignorant, and your rationalization of your flippancy and stupidity is to claim moral superiority, by being against roads and schools? And that's wise, and shows your values?

Please note, Intense, you're the one advocating writing checks that you oppose covering. If you don't get that, then you're built too low for the discussion. The money had already been spent. Push for future reforms. Advocating default on our CURRENT DEBT is not moral.

CalGirl, you are missing the point. Ravi has given some information about poll methodology. It's not partisan, it's information.

Notice our President.

Forum List

Back