Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic rec

" Government jobs aren't sustainable, are they? "

Are you kiddin'? Not even God can fire a civil service worker.

Not so much anymore. My employer, the Corps of Engineers, doesn't keep incompetents and deadwood. We have too much to do with too few people to be a daycare for the lazy.

And hey, Synthia, surprise me and don't make a lame crack about me being incompetent deadwood. :cool:

Wonder if those half of Florida voters are the same ones that couldn't figure out how to vote for Gore in 2000.

florida_hanging_chad_recount.jpg

What is going to happen in 2012 when obama loses in a historic landslide election? The democrats are deluding themselves with greater an greater dreams. I don't think they will be able to take it.

The Same thing that happened in 2000. They will say we cheated and stole the Election.

Originally Posted by Wiseacre
Wonder if those half of Florida voters are the same ones that couldn't figure out how to vote for Gore in 2000.
http //www dailykos.com/story/2011/11/04/1032996/-Almost-half-of-Florida-voters-think-Republicans-are-purposely-sabotaging-economic-recovery-efforts

Uh, huh. :rolleyes:

Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic recovery efforts

Q: Do you think the Republicans are intentionally stalling efforts to jumpstart the economy to insure that Barack Obama is not reelected?

Yes: 49%
No: 39%
Undecided: 12%

I love how some people latch on to one question and ignore the rest.

Look at the PDF of the actual survey. Most of the other questions results do not bode well for Democrats and Obama

He Polled 41% Democrats 36% Republican and 23% none/Other.

here are some of the questions.

Q1. Is your opinion of Barack Obama generally favorable or generally
unfavorable?
N= 800 100%
Never heard .................................... 1 ( 1/119) 2 0%
Favorable ...................................... 2 361 45%
Unfavorable .................................... 3 384 48%
Heard of/Undecided ............................. 4 53 7%

2 % more of these same Voters hold Obama in an Unfavorable light than A Favorable one.

Q7. Is your opinion of Jeb Bush generally favorable or generally unfavorable?
N= 800 100%
Never heard .................................... 1 ( 1/125) 14 2%
Favorable ...................................... 2 410 51%
Unfavorable .................................... 3 284 36%
Heard of/Undecided ............................. 4 92 12%

A Majority of these Same people Hold Jeb Bush in a Favorable Light.

Q8. Do you think the country is heading in the right direction or is on the
wrong track?
N= 800 100%
Right direction ................................ 1 ( 1/126) 163 20%
Wrong Track .................................... 2 525 66%
Undecided ...................................... 3 112 14%

Wow, yeah that's great news for Obama.

Q10. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Barack Obama is doing as
President?
N= 800 100%
Approve ........................................ 1 ( 1/128) 327 41%
Disapprove ..................................... 2 398 50%
Undecided ...................................... 3 75 9%

Saved the Best for last. 50% of these same people Disapprove of the Job Obama is doing. Only 41% approve.

How one could look at this poll, and ignore all this Horrible news for Obama and the Dems and focus on the one question they like the results of is beyond me.

It's not that we like it.

It's that it's such an amazing development. The GOP is determined to do nothing for the benefit of the nation, because they aren't in charge.

I followed a link to a right wing blog today. "Ace of Spades" can't figure out how the GOP got to this point.

It's simply amazing this is the spot we are in. Simply amazing.

Cain Train...Derailed?

Not to folks with a brain in their heads. They have fed the crazy in the GOP for several decades....and now they can't figure out why there are so many crazies.

It's that it's such an amazing development. The GOP is determined to do nothing for the benefit of the nation, because they aren't in charge.

Horse shit. The GOP has passed a dozen bills in the house that Reid has tabled and refuses to allow Debate on in the Senate. All Aimed at Helping the Economy. Both sides are obstructing each others ideas on how to help. Both sides are putting Political Needs above the good of the country.

Horse shit. The GOP has passed a dozen bills in the house that Reid has tabled and refuses to allow Debate on in the Senate. All Aimed at Helping the Economy. Both sides are obstructing each others ideas on how to help. Both sides are putting Political Needs above the good of the country.

Really? Those anti-abortion bills that they're obsessed over are going to help the economy?

The anti-environmental protection bills are going to help the economy?

No, the GOP has not been focused on jobs.

At least the public is starting to realize that the GOP is deliberately hurting the nation for political gain.

What are the stats again on Florida Voters injured using punch card ballots? Paper cuts? Eyes injuries? Puncture wounds? Body Cavity injuries, nose, ear, anus, mouth?

Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic recovery efforts

Q: Do you think the Republicans are intentionally stalling efforts to jumpstart the economy to insure that Barack Obama is not reelected?

Look at the PDF of the actual survey. Most of the other questions results do not bode well for Democrats and Obama

Q1. Is your opinion of Barack Obama generally favorable or generally
unfavorable?
N= 800 100%
Never heard .................................... 1 ( 1/119) 2 0%
Favorable ...................................... 2 361 45%
Unfavorable .................................... 3 384 48%
Heard of/Undecided ............................. 4 53 7%

2 % more of these same Voters hold Obama in an Unfavorable light than A Favorable one.

Q8. Do you think the country is heading in the right direction or is on the
wrong track?
N= 800 100%
Right direction ................................ 1 ( 1/126) 163 20%
Wrong Track .................................... 2 525 66%
Undecided ...................................... 3 112 14%

President?
N= 800 100%

Saved the Best for last. 50% of these same people Disapprove of the Job Obama is doing. Only 41% approve.

How one could look at this poll, and ignore all this Horrible news for Obama and the Dems and focus on the one question they like the results of is beyond me.

None of what you posted is really news though. Obama gets unfavourable ratings everywhere. Jeb Bush doesn't matter. What is news, at least to me, is that the public thinks the Republicans are sandbagging the economy. I hadn't seen that anywhere before.

What is news, at least to me, is that the public thinks the Republicans are sandbagging the economy. I hadn't seen that anywhere before.

We've been noticing it for a while now. More delays on Obama's nominees, constant threat of filibuster, refusal to even allow the jobs bill come up for a debate, the foot dragging on increasing the debt ceiling...and then Mitch McConnell just let the cat out of the bag.

When you find yourself behind the steering wheel of an out of control bus, heading towards a cliff, do you hit the brakes or the gas??? Just curious. :)

When you find yourself behind the steering wheel of an out of control bus, heading towards a cliff, do you hit the brakes or the gas??? Just curious. :)

Like anyone with a lick of sense, I'd use the steering wheel.

Please don't pretend we should have defaulted on our debt. :cuckoo:

Like anyone with a lick of sense, I'd use the steering wheel.

Please don't pretend we should have defaulted on our debt. :cuckoo:

The steering wheel will not save you or the others on the bus. We need to go into consolidation mode and austerity mode. Stop giving away free candy and toys that you have yet to pay for. Stop acting like the only viable actions are the ones you dictate.

Really? Those anti-abortion bills that they're obsessed over are going to help the economy?

At least the public is starting to realize that the GOP is deliberately hurting the nation for political gain.

Like I said Dozens of Bills.

And yes Loosening Regulations will Help the Economy, In a way Obama's Ideas doesn't. By actually helping the Private Sector Grow as opposed to the Public Sector.

You people are so loyally Brainwashed by your Parties Talking points it's not funny.

President?
N= 800 100%

None of what you posted is really news though. Obama gets unfavourable ratings everywhere. Jeb Bush doesn't matter. What is news, at least to me, is that the public thinks the Republicans are sandbagging the economy. I hadn't seen that anywhere before.

It is all relevant. Just because Florida Voters by a small margin think the GOP is deliberately Blocking things that might help. Does not mean Obama is going to win, or the Dems are going to be swept back into the House.

Florida is key to Obama's winning Re-election. If he loses it his electoral Road to the WH is very hard.

Each one of the answers I showed are very bad news for Obama winning Florida. They think of him Unfavorably, They disapprove of his Job Performance, they think the Country is going in the wrong direction by a large margin, and finally they Approve of Republican JEB BUSH by over 50%.

I don't know about you, but if I was looking at those Numbers with out any Partisan Influence. I would have to Conclude Obama is going to have a Bitch of a time Winning Florida, Despite the Unpopularity of Republicans in Congress.

Yet the OP of this Thread Cherry Picked that one Question and Highlighted it. I guess it's the whole out of site out of mind idea. If I focus on this one tiny bit of good news, then I wont have to think about the fact that Obama is in very real trouble. Especially if Republicans are Rational and Nominate the Candidate that can win.

Last edited:

It is all relevant. Just because Florida Voters by a small margin think the GOP is deliberately Blocking things that might help. Does not mean Obama is going to win, or the Dems are going to be swept back into the House.

Florida is key to Obama's winning Re-election. If he loses it his electoral Road to the WH is very hard.

Each one of the answers I showed are very bad news for Obama winning Florida. They think of him Unfavorably, They disapprove of his Job Performance, they think the Country is going in the wrong direction by a large margin, and finally they Approve of Republican JEB BUSH by over 50%.

I don't know about you, but if I was looking at those Numbers with out any Partisan Influence. I would have to Conclude Obama is going to have a Bitch of a time Winning Florida, Despite the Unpopularity of Republicans in Congress.

Yet the OP of this Thread Cherry Picked that one Question and Highlighted it. I guess it's the whole out of site out of mind idea. If I focus on this one tiny bit of good news, then I wont have to think about the fact that Obama is in very real trouble. Especially if Republicans are Rational and Nominate the Candidate that can win.

Florida: Romney vs. Obama Quinnipiac Romney 45, Obama 42 Romney +3
Florida: Cain vs. Obama Quinnipiac Obama 45, Cain 41 Obama +4
Florida: Gingrich vs. Obama Quinnipiac Obama 45, Gingrich 42 Obama +3
Florida: Perry vs. Obama Quinnipiac Obama 46, Perry 40 Obama +6

Presidential Swing States (FL, OH & PA) Poll * November 10, 2011 * Obama, Romney Tied In Florida, - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

You lie. I've proven the GOP has sent jobs bills to the Senate that the Democrats refuse to take action on.

Forum List

Back