Allowing Gays in the Military Would Be Unfair and Hurt Troop Morale

So... if a soldier is a virgin, and does not actually admit to another service member that he is, in fact, a homosexual, he cannot be discharged under DADT? Even if he is seen, on liberty, holding hands and going out to dinner with another man?

YOu would not begin to "investigate" him?

So... if a soldier is a virgin, and does not actually admit to another service member that he is, in fact, a homosexual, he cannot be discharged under DADT? Even if he is seen, on liberty, holding hands and going out to dinner with another man?

That constitutes a homosexual act and would spark an investigation because the two soldiers would be displaying homosexual behavior. If I saw two male soldiers holding hands I would without a doubt be on their case doing an on the spot correction.

'Stated in gender-neutral terms, the new law would require military persons to accept exposure to persons who may be sexually attracted to them."
So? Oh no he/she may be fantasizing about them, this harms the fantasized person ... how?

"Count me as one of those who would end their career if forced acceptance of the one sided homosexual agenda were forced upon me, I refuse to be an advocate of anyone's agenda."

Oh cut the bullshit, it won't force you to do anything. You can still believe whatever you want about gays you'd just have to have some openly gay coworkers (which you may encounter IN EVERY OTHER JOB).

The rest of your post is ad populum (appeal to majority) or appeal to authority fallacies.

So you're in favor of disregarding and ignoring the concerns of heterosexual servicemembers who uncomfortable and untrustworthy of openly gay servicemembers? You've shown that you really care about what hurts the military.

Straights don't have to be worried about the gays. It's they gays who need to be careful around "morons" like you. What if you only "suspected" someone of being gay? Someone like you would make their life hell. Gawd you're dumb.

A homosexual servicemember doesn't have to worry about a straight soldier ogling him, a straight does have to worry because gays are attracted to and have sex with people of the same gender. Plenty of gays are attracted to men they know to be heterosexual so how could a straight soldier 100% trust that a homosexual soldier isn't ogling him in a sexual suggestive manner?

That constitutes a homosexual act and would spark an investigation because the two soldiers would be displaying homosexual behavior. If I saw two male soldiers holding hands I would without a doubt be on their case doing an on the spot correction.

holding hands is a "homosexual act"?

going out to dinner is a "homosexual act"?

wow.

So you're in favor of disregarding and ignoring the concerns of heterosexual servicemembers who uncomfortable and untrustworthy of openly gay servicemembers? You've shown that you really care about what hurts the military.

Straights don't have to be worried about the gays. It's they gays who need to be careful around "morons" like you. What if you only "suspected" someone of being gay? Someone like you would make their life hell. Gawd you're dumb.

A homosexual servicemember doesn't have to worry about a straight soldier ogling him, a straight does have to worry because gays are attracted to and have sex with people of the same gender. Plenty of gays are attracted to men they know to be heterosexual so how could a straight soldier 100% trust that a homosexual soldier isn't ogling him in a sexual suggestive manner?

are you uncomfortable being ogled only when showering? If not, are you 100% certain that female soldiers aren't secretly ogling you during the work day? I mean, really....doesn't the Army have more important things to worry about?

Really Failed Load?

Have you REALLY been over in the ME? Because if so, when walking down the streets of places like Jiddah Saudi Arabia, or Dubai, UAE, you will see 2 men, walking down the street, holding hands.

It's a gesture of friendship between 2 people.

Bet you've never been to the Naval War College up in Newport RI either. Why? You would see that same behavior when you would see 2 soldiers from that area walking together.

I know I did.

Try again Failed Load...........you're just demonstrating yet more ignorance.

Incidentally, there is currently a bill, working its way through Congress for a 1 year study of DADT.

During that time? No discharges for reason of homosexuality will be processed. Why? Well according to Barry Levin (the new Ways and Means chair), if it is being studied for repeal, discharging anyone during that time would be unfair.

Guess you're gonna have to get used to hearing stories about Roger and Steve, eh?

and just so that I can fully understand your position, do you have a link to the text of any Army policy that says, while on liberty, a soldier may not hold hands with anyone of his or her same gender? And do you have a link to the text of any policy that says, while on liberty, a soldier may not go out to dinner with anyone of his or her same gender? If so.... please post it.

:eek:

HOLY SHIT SIR!!!! Does that mean that everytime all the guys on the ship get together for a steel beach picnic (remember, it's a whole bunch of half naked men, sweating, playing with each other, and eating together), the whole ship turns gay?

I guess the times that I went out with my shipmates on the beach for dinner and a movie makes it a date eh?

Glad I wasn't investigated by someone like the Failed Load.

HOLY SHIT SIR!!!! Does that mean that everytime all the guys on the ship get together for a steel beach picnic (remember, it's a whole bunch of half naked men, sweating, playing with each other, and eating together), the whole ship turns gay?

I guess the times that I went out with my shipmates on the beach for dinner and a movie makes it a date eh?

I agree... but we both know what would happen to someone like that onboard...

blanket party.:lol:

I agree... but we both know what would happen to someone like that onboard...

blanket party.:lol:

Either that, or send them swimming in the middle of the Atlantic or Med.

Failed Load should be float tested..........

George_W_Bush_Prince_Abdullah_kiss_hold_hands.jpg

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

George_W_Bush_Prince_Abdullah_kiss_hold_hands.jpg

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Hey, Failed Load, you realize that Bush was Commander in Chief of the military, right? And, as such, he's supposed to follow the regs as well.

So, since Bush Jr. was holding hands with a Saudi (you know, the ones that financed 9/11), does this mean that Bush Jr, as Commander in Chief was gay for the Saudis?

Oh yeah......he was.......that's why we got fucked and no oil.

I guess by Liz Cheney's logic, he's a terrorist as well.

No wonder the Iraq war was such a fuck up.

Two open homosexuals holding hands and kissing is not the same as an person from a country where it is a custom for non-homosexual men to kiss and hold hands, the average American heterosexual would find that to be weird at the least and revolting at the extreme. Bush was doing an official visit and isn't gay. Heterosexual men holding hands and kissing is not a normal occurence in America, most would think that it was gay and chances are they would be right.

Last edited:
Two open homosexuals holding hands and kissing is not the same as an person from a country where it is a custom for non-homosexual men to kiss and hold hands, the average American heterosexual would find that to weird at the least and revolting at the extreme. Bush was doing an official visit and isn't gay. Heterosexual men holding hands and kissing in not a normal occurence in America, most would think that it was gay and chances are they would be right.

you are the one who claimed that holding hands and going out to dinner were "homosexual acts". Eiother produce an official directive which supports that allegation, or retract it.

Two open homosexuals holding hands and kissing is not the same as an person from a country where it is a custom for non-homosexual men to kiss and hold hands, the average American heterosexual would find that to weird at the least and revolting at the extreme. Bush was doing an official visit and isn't gay. Heterosexual men holding hands and kissing in not a normal occurence in America, most would think that it was gay and chances are they would be right.

Wrong answer yet again Failure Loaded........you stated that if you saw what YOU would consider to be a homosexual act, you would immediately launch an investigation.

You also stated you would follow it until you knew.

Where is your investigation of Bush Jr.? He was holding hands with another male, and you stated that 2 same gender people holding hands was an act that bore investigation.

You really ain't too bright, are ya?

you are the one who claimed that holding hands and going out to dinner were "homosexual acts". Eiother produce an official directive which supports that allegation, or retract it.

You and Bikerfaggot are retarded, using Arabs, to say that men holding hands is not gay. Heterosexual men in America don't hold hands, not only in America but in the entire western world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/01/weekinreview/01basics.html

When President Bush and Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia met in Crawford, Tex., last week, they did something very un-Texan: they walked hand in hand.

Americans may raise an eyebrow at men holding hands, but in the Arab world, affection among men is common, and without sexual connotation.

You jackasses are really damn pathetic, men in the military do not walk holding hands together so whats the point of bringing this up? You idiots have failed again.

What the hell has a persons sexuality got to do with being in the forces, absolutely nothing. And it would impact on morale would it, what a load of bollcoks. No what impacts on morale is fighting illegal wars, not being suported by your Government, not being equiped properly, not being properly led in battle and many other things but not being Gay.

I can just imagine a squadie who has just had is leg blown off saying I don't want that gay medic to treat me, yeah thats really going to happen, absolute crap all of it. And right now the US needs everyman and women they can lay their hands on the way things are going.

You may or may not agree with a persons sexuality but we are human beings first and foremost and thats what counts.

You and Bikerfaggot are retarded, using Arabs, to say that men holding hands is not gay. Heterosexual men in America don't hold hands, not only in America but in the entire western world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/01/weekinreview/01basics.html

When President Bush and Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia met in Crawford, Tex., last week, they did something very un-Texan: they walked hand in hand.

Americans may raise an eyebrow at men holding hands, but in the Arab world, affection among men is common, and without sexual connotation.

You jackasses are really damn pathetic, men in the military do not walk holding hands together so whats the point of bringing this up? You idiots have failed again.

You're right. We don't do that in America.

Nor, do we allow women to go topless on our beaches.

We don't allow a lot of things. Know why? Because of our start as a nation. We were first settled by a bunch of idiots who were so full of what was right or wrong, they got kicked out of England.

We also slaughtered the native people.......you know......Native Americans?

We also went after our own people in the form of the Salem Witch Trials.

Know what Bass Hole? Might wanna drop your fucking bias. Your logic is flawed. Just because you're scared of something, doesn't mean that it's gonna hurt you.

Might fuck with your preconceived notions however.........

What the hell has a persons sexuality got to do with being in the forces, absolutely nothing. And it would impact on morale would it, what a load of bollcoks. No what impacts on morale is fighting illegal wars, not being suported by your Government, not being equiped properly, not being properly led in battle and many other things but not being Gay.

I can just imagine a squadie who has just had is leg blown off saying I don't want that gay medic to treat me, yeah thats really going to happen, absolute crap all of it. And right now the US needs everyman and women they can lay their hands on the way things are going.

You may or may not agree with a persons sexuality but we are human beings first and foremost and thats what counts.

Squadie? Give me a fucking break.

And the US Military is not hurting for personel, they nearly have a waiting list of people trying to enlist.

Forum List

Back