Allowing Gays in the Military Would Be Unfair and Hurt Troop Morale

What the hell has a persons sexuality got to do with being in the forces, absolutely nothing. And it would impact on morale would it, what a load of bollcoks. No what impacts on morale is fighting illegal wars, not being suported by your Government, not being equiped properly, not being properly led in battle and many other things but not being Gay.

I can just imagine a squadie who has just had is leg blown off saying I don't want that gay medic to treat me, yeah thats really going to happen, absolute crap all of it. And right now the US needs everyman and women they can lay their hands on the way things are going.

You may or may not agree with a persons sexuality but we are human beings first and foremost and thats what counts.

Squadie? Give me a fucking break.

And the US Military is not hurting for personel, they nearly have a waiting list of people trying to enlist.

Personnel is spelled with 2 n's Oliver Missed. Might wanna check a dictionary or something (wait........forgot........you're never wrong...........).

We've got a waiting list? Really? I worked in recruiting as a MEPS Classifier from 1999 until 2002.

We don't really have a waiting list. Why? Most aren't qualified under current standards.

Try again ya fucking bag lady 'tard.

Two open homosexuals holding hands and kissing is not the same as an person from a country where it is a custom for non-homosexual men to kiss and hold hands, the average American heterosexual would find that to weird at the least and revolting at the extreme. Bush was doing an official visit and isn't gay. Heterosexual men holding hands and kissing in not a normal occurence in America, most would think that it was gay and chances are they would be right.

Wrong answer yet again Failure Loaded........you stated that if you saw what YOU would consider to be a homosexual act, you would immediately launch an investigation.

You also stated you would follow it until you knew.

Where is your investigation of Bush Jr.? He was holding hands with another male, and you stated that 2 same gender people holding hands was an act that bore investigation.

You really ain't too bright, are ya?

It was the right answer under the circumstances, if the soldiers holding hands were Arab Americans or descended from Arabs I would be less likely to approach and be suspicious, since most soldiers are not it would be seen as gay and inappropiate. One of the rules of thumb in the military to follow is if something looks inappropiate it is inappropiate, perception can be reality to a lot of people and I seen more people have their careers threatened with termination because of perception more than reality.

What the hell has a persons sexuality got to do with being in the forces, absolutely nothing. And it would impact on morale would it, what a load of bollcoks. No what impacts on morale is fighting illegal wars, not being suported by your Government, not being equiped properly, not being properly led in battle and many other things but not being Gay.

I can just imagine a squadie who has just had is leg blown off saying I don't want that gay medic to treat me, yeah thats really going to happen, absolute crap all of it. And right now the US needs everyman and women they can lay their hands on the way things are going.

You may or may not agree with a persons sexuality but we are human beings first and foremost and thats what counts.

Squadie? Give me a fucking break.

And the US Military is not hurting for personel, they nearly have a waiting list of people trying to enlist.

Personnel is spelled with 2 n's Oliver Missed. Might wanna check a dictionary or something (wait........forgot........you're never wrong...........).

We've got a waiting list? Really? I worked in recruiting as a MEPS Classifier from 1999 until 2002.

We don't really have a waiting list. Why? Most aren't qualified under current standards.

Try again ya fucking bag lady 'tard.

The military isn't hurting for people to join because of DADT, thats the prime focus of this thread. More people are discharged from the military for reasons other than DADT which means those discharges have a greater impact, but at the same time none of the branches of the Armed Forces should drop their standards just to have more bodies.

Poll Shows Support for Repealing ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

"A majority of Americans support ending the U.S. military’s ban on gays serving in the military, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

Nearly six in 10, 57%, said gays should be able to serve openly in the armed forces, while 36% said they should not. An even greater margin, 66%-41%, said the current “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy is discrimination."

"Support within military households is more evenly divided on repealing the policy, 48%-47%. Democrats are more likely to support the repeal, 72%-23%, while Republicans support ending the policy 53%-40%. Independents support it 56%-37%, and women are more likely to support it than men.

Further, 65% said ending the policy will not hurt the military’s ability to fight effectively on the battle field, and 82% said the military should not pursuing disciplinary action against those outed against their will."

bottom line: it really doesn't matter what active duty military "professionals" think about repealing DADT. It is the right thing to do, just like integrating the armed forces in 1947 was the right thing to do. America supports it... if those "professionals" in the armed forces can't deal with it, they shouldn't let the door hit them in the ass on their way out.

good riddance, I say.

The most effective method of getting guys to admit they are gay is to institute a Policy that puts gay men in all female units.

Men truly sure of their own sexual identities truly could care less that other men are gay.

Why should we care?

Less competition for us.

Some of you obvious homophobes here are so obviously terrified of your own gay leanings.

If you weren't so hateful about it, I might be tempted to feel sorry for you.

But to be candid, your suffering over this non issue just delights me.

When you guys finally admit that you're gay and stop worrying so much about it, you'll be happier people.

Last edited:
Men truly sure of their own sexual identities truly could care less that other men are gay.

Why should we care?

Less competition for us.

Some of you obvious homophobes here are so obviously terrified of your own gay leanings.

If you weren't so hateful about it, I might be tempted to feel sorry for you.

But to be candid, your suffering over this non issue just delights me.

When you guys finally admit that you're gay and stop worrying so much about it, you'll be happier people.

Your staunch defense of one sided homosexual activism is admirable in that you doggedly defend what you believe in, however the cause you defend is wrong and calling people closet gays makes you lose cool points, but altogether you have great determination. :)

Poll Shows Support for Repealing ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

bottom line: it really doesn't matter what active duty military "professionals" think about repealing DADT. It is the right thing to do, just like integrating the armed forces in 1947 was the right thing to do. America supports it... if those "professionals" in the armed forces can't deal with it, they shouldn't let the door hit them in the ass on their way out.

good riddance, I say.

I will investigated the source of this poll as I did the other one only to get you to see the truth. Your persistance in defnding homosexual activism needs to be put in the spotlight, perhaps it says a lot about you personally. What could it be that you're hiding from us here?

good riddance, I say.

I will investigated the source of this poll as I did the other one only to get you to see the truth. Your persistance in defnding homosexual activism needs to be put in the spotlight, perhaps it says a lot about you personally. What could it be that you're hiding from us here?

You're impersonating a NCO you fuxxing jackass and you want to challenge the truthiness of a poll? Rotfl!

good riddance, I say.

You're impersonating a NCO you fuxxing jackass and you want to challenge the truthiness of a poll? Rotfl!

Polls are full of shit. Questions, asswipe? Or do I need to draw you a picture with the big, fat kindergarten crayons?

And I'm a Staff Noncomissioned officer. What you want to put up against THAT fact?

good riddance, I say.

Curveball, you're not refuting anyone you're acting like a troll with your childish insults. Polls are not good indicators because they're subject to so much sampling bias, rather than concentrate of proving your position you'd rather commence with silly jackass personal attacks, it must be a sign of your frustration with the truth.

good riddance, I say.

now now SFC... you really don't want to go there, do you? Quinnipiac is a pretty well regarded poll... but I guess if you don't like the results, it is your best defense to attack it, and to backhandedly besmirch me while you're at it. I am not gay. I am very much a heterosexual... but I have several close friends who ARE gay - one of which who came out of the closet quite late in life - and I have a great deal of sympathy for their plight. As I said, I did serve with several sailors who I was fairly certain were gay, and they did a great job, and did not damage unit esprit de corps in any way.

And again... this debate is one that is being undertaken within the civilian command structure... the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs both consider DADT to be against the very nature of our democracy and are moving to repeal it.

You have a choice: either get on board and enthusiastically support your chain of command, or get the fuck out.... and like I said, either decision would be a plus for the military.

Curvelight's jackass logic: Anyone NCO in the military who doesn't agree with his pro-faggot agenda is impersonating an NCO which implies that most of the NCOs in the military or a good portion of them are homophobic NCO impersonators. Most of the NCOs need to go to jail then.

'Stated in gender-neutral terms, the new law would require military persons to accept exposure to persons who may be sexually attracted to them."
So? Oh no he/she may be fantasizing about them, this harms the fantasized person ... how?

"Count me as one of those who would end their career if forced acceptance of the one sided homosexual agenda were forced upon me, I refuse to be an advocate of anyone's agenda."

Oh cut the bullshit, it won't force you to do anything. You can still believe whatever you want about gays you'd just have to have some openly gay coworkers (which you may encounter IN EVERY OTHER JOB).

The rest of your post is ad populum (appeal to majority) or appeal to authority fallacies.

So you're in favor of disregarding and ignoring the concerns of heterosexual servicemembers who uncomfortable and untrustworthy of openly gay servicemembers? You've shown that you really care about what hurts the military.

I don't know about your credentials but when I was in the service it wasn't a democracy.

The bigoted dinosaurs will shape up or ship out.

I did my 20...and the ones at the beginning of my career who where bigoted, racist, homophobic etc all seemed to die off by the time I retired in 2004. The remaining ones will be gone soon enough. :evil:

Polls are full of shit. Questions, asswipe? Or do I need to draw you a picture with the big, fat kindergarten crayons?

And I'm a Staff Noncomissioned officer. What you want to put up against THAT fact?

You really suck at reading posts. I didn't say anything about the poll itself. I was pointing out the irony of someone who is lying about their Service challenging the truthiness of a poll. I fully agree polls are suspect because it's usually a very small sample and both the formation and enunciation of the questions can be designed to create a predetermined conclusion.

I also don't doubt your Service but when someone who claims to be an active duty NCO says Cavalry doesn't usually have direct contact with the enemy I have to laugh at their obvious ignorance. I was in the 3rd ACR in Desert Storm and we were one of the first ones to engage in combat on the ground. You gonna tell me his claims aren't suspect or are you too biased to be honest? The last time you tried to challenge me you got pwned with one post.

good riddance, I say.

now now SFC... you really don't want to go there, do you? Quinnipiac is a pretty well regarded poll... but I guess if you don't like the results, it is your best defense to attack it, and to backhandedly besmirch me while you're at it. I am not gay. I am very much a heterosexual... but I have several close friends who ARE gay - one of which who came out of the closet quite late in life - and I have a great deal of sympathy for their plight. As I said, I did serve with several sailors who I was fairly certain were gay, and they did a great job, and did not damage unit esprit de corps in any way.

And again... this debate is one that is being undertaken within the civilian command structure... the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs both consider DADT to be against the very nature of our democracy and are moving to repeal it.

You have a choice: either get on board and enthusiastically support your chain of command, or get the fuck out.... and like I said, either decision would be a plus for the military.

Civilians using their agenda to conduct military business without consulting with commanders and NCOs is the reason this current military is a cluster fart, You don't learn from anything do you?

Not to long before the Iraq war, it was said that former Army General Eric Shinseki told Donald Rumsfeld that the mission he(Rumsfeld) wanted in Iraq would require more troops and a long occupation to accomplish its old, but just like the micro-managing civilian jackass he was Rumsfeld ignored Shinseki and all the other experienced generals and forced them out of the military and did the exact opposite which created the quagmire in Iraq. After so many lost lives they ended using "surges" to solve the problem till it got so damn bad Rumsfeld had to go. Thats what happens when stupid civilians ignore officers and NCOs do what they feel is best with a set of crony "yessir" generals.

Don'tr sit up here and run off at the damn mouth about "civilian" authority over the military you retard, because if they don't cooperate in some way with those in uniform in doing assessments a debacle is imminent. Its rare that they act without taking into consideration what the troops say.

Curvelight's jackass logic: Anyone NCO in the military who doesn't agree with his pro-faggot agenda is impersonating an NCO which implies that most of the NCOs in the military or a good portion of them are homophobic NCO impersonators. Most of the NCOs need to go to jail then.

It's scary you are so deranged you actually believe lying will help compensate for your stoopidity.

In the meantime, we have to lose someone such as Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach, an F-15E Strike Eagle pilot, the first Air Force pilot in the air after the 9/11 attacks, who also earned nine Air Medals, including one for valor for assaulting an Iraqi ambush position while under heavy anti-aircraft fire during the first days of the invasion.

An anonymous person outed him to the military. He didn't out himself.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/milit...ed-gens-to-build-a-case-against-the-gays.html

Nothing like throwing out your "best" and replacing them with felons. I finally get it. Thanks, Republicans.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the meantime, we have to lose someone such as Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach, an F-15E Strike Eagle pilot, the first Air Force pilot in the air after the 9/11 attacks, who also earned nine Air Medals, including one for valor for assaulting an Iraqi ambush position while under heavy anti-aircraft fire during the first days of the invasion.

An anonymous person outed him to the military. He didn't out himself.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/milit...ed-gens-to-build-a-case-against-the-gays.html

Nothing like throwing out your "best" and replacing them with felons. I finally get it. Thanks, Republicans.

This is a spurious claim, what facts do you to back this up? The military isn't faggots discharged under DADT with felons, don't make emotional charged , jackass claims to promote your faggot agenda, you're a liar and the Bass challenges you to back this claim up.

I'm still wondering what Reservist outfit of the Air Force was so fucked up that they took a malingering, pro racist, anti gay dipshit like you?

Did they crash all their jets and were forced to be sweepers on the runway?

Forum List

Back