Allowing Gays in the Military Would Be Unfair and Hurt Troop Morale

Discussion in 'Military' started by Flaylo, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Allowing Gays in the Military Would Be Unfair and Hurt Troop Morale - US News and World Report

This link touched upon some of the objections I've raised and I will posted them

As for us in the Army, how do we feel about it the possible repeal of DADT?

Count me as one of those who would end their career if forced acceptance of the one sided homosexual agenda were forced upon me, I refuse to be an advocate of anyone's agenda.

Who's really getting discharged more, gays under DADT or others?

DADT really hurts the military more than any other people discharged, is that what that obstinate Navy fellow said earlier? Maybe he should reconsider.

A whooping 51 retired four-stars wrote Obama to that he should support DADT, this combined with the 58% of active duty subscribers to the Army Times says a lot about what servicemembers really think, leave it to Fathertime and he will say all of these people are homophobic active duty and retired military, but is that really the case? I leave it for each and every individual to decide for themselves.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Poll: No political risk in repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell'

3. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    'Stated in gender-neutral terms, the new law would require military persons to accept exposure to persons who may be sexually attracted to them."
    So? Oh no he/she may be fantasizing about them, this harms the fantasized person ... how?

"Count me as one of those who would end their career if forced acceptance of the one sided homosexual agenda were forced upon me, I refuse to be an advocate of anyone's agenda."

Oh cut the bullshit, it won't force you to do anything. You can still believe whatever you want about gays you'd just have to have some openly gay coworkers (which you may encounter IN EVERY OTHER JOB).

The rest of your post is ad populum (appeal to majority) or appeal to authority fallacies.

4. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    So you're in favor of disregarding and ignoring the concerns of heterosexual servicemembers who uncomfortable and untrustworthy of openly gay servicemembers? You've shown that you really care about what hurts the military.

5. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    What is there to be concerned about? If they leer or bother them then you can cite them for harassment.

And as Cold Fusion points out, would you rather have to guess who's gay in your unit or would you rather know?

Although really discharging someone from the military because their very presence makes someone uncomfortable is draconian and pretty stupid.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    I don't know about your credentials but when I was in the service it wasn't a democracy.

The bigoted dinosaurs will shape up or ship out.

7. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451

I'd rather not be forced to know who's gay as I prefer people keeping that to themselves, what I don't know will not hurt me. I'm concerned with how the military will be affected by the DADT rescinded, I don't care about what one sided homosexual activists are interested in.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  8. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    I jonied the military in 1995 straight out of high school, I'm far from a bigot dinosaur, thats a subjective statement on your part. You are right, the military isn't a democracy so why are gays going against DADT?

9. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    If you are still in the service then you are 15 years deep into an enlistment and a crusty old sarge by now. Wake up. Your opinion or position on this issue is bigoted. It's bigoted and it also shows a lack of faith and respect for your fellow servicemembers.

What does the military not being democracy have to do with gays going against DADT? Whatever the hell that means.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451

I'm almost 33 years old, far from being a crusty old SFC. I joined the military after the implementation of DADT.

My opinion doesn't matter, the concern of my soldiers and unit cohesion does matter and I will not support anything that will harm those two things. I am under no military obligation to support anyone's fanatical activism. I'm all about the Army business and NCO business.

The gays need to get with the program and follow military policy and leave their homosexual agenda at the door before they sign up and take that oath. They can have whatever personal feeling they like, but they do not have the right to use their activism to selfishly dictate military policy and how the military is ran. Soldiers do not get to pick and chose to disregard/follow what they think is right or wrong. Joining the military is voluntary and is not a right.