Allowing Gays in the Military Would Be Unfair and Hurt Troop Morale

There is so much more to living and working together in close quarters than you will ever understand, Why don't you just go back to your little corner of the world. They know you there and will change your diaper on a regular basis.

you need to accept the fact that there are people who have lived in quarters every bit as close as you have lived, and have different opinions as to this subject. I would imagine that bunking in the troop quarters of an LSD for a westpac deployment is more confined for longer continuous periods of time than ANYTHING you have experienced. You do not have the corner on the market when it comes to military experience.

There is so much more to living and working together in close quarters than you will ever understand, Why don't you just go back to your little corner of the world. They know you there and will change your diaper on a regular basis.

you need to accept the fact that there are people who have lived in quarters every bit as close as you have lived, and have different opinions as to this subject. I would imagine that bunking in the troop quarters of an LSD for a westpac deployment is more confined for longer continuous periods of time than ANYTHING you have experienced. You do not have the corner on the market when it comes to military experience.

Never made any such claim, And I have been in some pretty tight quarters. But look at who my comment was directed at. Unless I'm mistaken rdean has not experienced anything even close.

Never made any such claim, And I have been in some pretty tight quarters. But look at who my comment was directed at. Unless I'm mistaken rdean has not experienced anything even close.

so.... you are saying that only veterans are allowed to express their opinions about repealing DADT?

But I have experienced that....unfortunately, you are too afraid of hearing my experience and have put me on Ignore.

Army, Marines give waivers to more felons

Recruits were allowed to enlist after having been convicted of crimes including assault, burglary, drug possession and making terrorist threats.

Army, Marines give waivers to more felons - CNN.com

WASHINGTON - Under pressure to meet combat needs, the Army and Marine Corps brought in significantly more recruits with felony convictions last year than in 2006, including some with manslaughter and sex crime convictions.

Army, Marines enlisting more felons - Military- msnbc.com

Gidding was sentenced to five months in jail and three years probation, but he never served his time. Instead, he shipped out with his unit on active duty.
After arriving in Kuwait, Bob didn't even bother to hide his felony status. According to two other soldiers, he told the entire group and commanding officer about his conviction.

Local Felon Slips Past Military Regulations - cbs5.com

-------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, we have to lose someone such as Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach, an F-15E Strike Eagle pilot, the first Air Force pilot in the air after the 9/11 attacks, who also earned nine Air Medals, including one for valor for assaulting an Iraqi ambush position while under heavy anti-aircraft fire during the first days of the invasion.
An anonymous person outed him to the military. He didn't out himself.

Lt. Dan Choi, 28, who majored in Arabic language at West Point
"I have never, ever done anything homosexual while on duty and I never engaged in heterosexual conduct while on duty because the army is not about sexual anything," he said. "I had never had a boyfriend or girlfriend because of 'Don't Ask Don't Tell.'"

Knights Out is an organization of West Point Alumni
Our members include former West Point professors, Rhodes Scholars, decorated combat veterans from the Vietnam War, Iraq and Afghanistan, peacekeepers who served in Haiti and Bosnia, men and women from the first co-ed class (1980), an ordained minister, and many others who are coming out from their silence to serve their country in a new way.

A study group of Flag and General Officers which took a year to assess all of the evidence on "don't ask, don't tell" found that commanders in Iraq are ignoring the policy and choosing to keep their teams together rather than firing loyal gay troops. A recent Military Times poll confirms that many commanders know of gays and lesbians serving in their units, but choose not to discharge them.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/milit...ed-gens-to-build-a-case-against-the-gays.html

So many reasons to allow the gays including the fact they are willing to put their lives on the line to protect their families. The only reasons against them are "they might PEEK at me in the shower".

Pretty pathetic, even for those on the right.

That is just so much bullshit. I served in the 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division. I shared a room in Baumholder, Germany with 4 other guys and I know for a fact, one of those guys was gay and black. Everyone in the room knew. Nobody cared. In fact, everyone in the battery knew and only one guy was "bothered" over it. He was a white guy and he couldn't stop trying to pick on "Slim". Slim kicked his butt and the guy left him alone. He never got a chance to "get even" because it turned out he was a "barracks thief". Funny that the only guy bothered was a thief. Somehow, that is not a surprise. There is always something wrong with the "phobes", always.

And this was back in 1975.

Anyone scared of the gays is a "sissy". Period!

Have any of you morons looked at the title of this thread/
"Allowing Gays in the Military"
Dumbasses: there are tens of thousands of gays in the military NOW.

so.... you are saying that only veterans are allowed to express their opinions about repealing DADT?

Didn't say that, or didn't mean to imply it. But it is fact that only those who have been there can understand it as someone who was there can. Anyone can express an opinion. How much weight I allow that opinion is my own decision.

Didn't say that, or didn't mean to imply it. But it is fact that only those who have been there can understand it as someone who was there can. Anyone can express an opinion. How much weight I allow that opinion is my own decision.

it seems to be that you don't allow much weight at all to any opinion on this subject that is different than yours, regardless of the experiences of the poster.

it seems to be that you don't allow much weight at all to any opinion on this subject that is different than yours, regardless of the experiences of the poster.

Obviously I don't believe that DADT should be repealed, However I have also stated many times that the heads of the different branches have all told congress to slow down. And i have said that we shall see. I believe I have also stated that I could be wrong...

:lol::lol:
Have any of you morons looked at the title of this thread/
"Allowing Gays in the Military"
Dumbasses: there are tens of thousands of gays in the military NOW.

Yeah, gee thanks for the insight. However, I think that the issue is somewhat more complex than your false dichotomy. What are the actual provisions of the policy change ? how will they be administered ? what will be the social impact as well mission impact as openly gay men serve next to straight men.

SAILOR: Sir, I think that my bunkmate is gay.

CAPT: Why do you think that Sailor ?

SAILOR: Sir, because his dick tastes like shit.

However Ollie Pissed.......we kinda wish that you didn't.

Your archaic views, along with your bigotry of yours and those that think like yours will make the military much more able and flexible, as well as stronger, when biases like yours are gone.

Too bad you're so much of a cowardly ostrich tucking their head in the sand...........you've got me on ignore.

Pussy.

Squid stick a sock in it, we don't all share your one sided homosexual agenda. Gays openly serving is not going to make the Army I serve in more flexible and stronger.

Your archaic views, along with your bigotry of yours and those that think like yours will make the military much more able and flexible, as well as stronger, when biases like yours are gone.

Too bad you're so much of a cowardly ostrich tucking their head in the sand...........you've got me on ignore.

Pussy.

Squid stick a sock in it, we don't all share your one sided homosexual agenda. Gays openly serving is not going to make the Army I serve in more flexible and stronger.

It's not going to hurt it either. Guys who are "afraid" of the gays are sissies.

I am? Where? Where?

It used to be.

In a perfect environment...however, when it comes to the military and investigations, it is not a perfect world...far from it.

Again...look up the USS Norton Sound incident.

You're hard of hearing. Discharging someone for violating DADT is not simple and easy, the claims and allegations have to be substantiated, its not as easy as someone making the accusation against another and the person gets discharged, I'm not going to waste any more time telling you this because you're not in the military and don't understand how the system works. Every allegation of being gay is investigated because a lot of those claims are either rumors or some soldiers use it to get out of the Army when they're not really gay. The process is complicated.

:lol::lol: You're right...I'm not in the military....any more.

I'm RETIRED Military and during my TWENTY ONE YEAR career I was a Personnel Officer, Admin Officer, Maintenance Officer, LEGAL Officer, Tactical Operations Officer, Command and Control Officer, Executive Officer, Officer in Charge.....all while being a Naval Aviator.

Of course.....I know nothing about the military.....:doubt:

If....and "if"...you were a drill instructor, you would have called me "Ma'am".

Paper pushing desk rangers, you call 21 years of doing that an honorable career?

You're hard of hearing. Discharging someone for violating DADT is not simple and easy, the claims and allegations have to be substantiated, its not as easy as someone making the accusation against another and the person gets discharged, I'm not going to waste any more time telling you this because you're not in the military and don't understand how the system works. Every allegation of being gay is investigated because a lot of those claims are either rumors or some soldiers use it to get out of the Army when they're not really gay. The process is complicated.

I'm RETIRED Military and during my TWENTY ONE YEAR career I was a Personnel Officer, Admin Officer, Maintenance Officer, LEGAL Officer, Tactical Operations Officer, Command and Control Officer, Executive Officer, Officer in Charge.....all while being a Naval Aviator.

Paper pushing desk rangers, you call 21 years of doing that an honorable career?

All successful service is Honorable you jackass.

You apparently can't read. But I can understand...you army types aren't capable of multi-tasking. So, were you one of the outstanding soldiers whose MOS was to change tires for your whole career?
:lol::lol::lol:

do you even know what the term "naval avaitor" means? Do you know what they do? Do you know what any of those positions she describes entails?

Referring to a retired (still commissioned) naval officer as a "paper pushing desk ranger" is profoundly unprofessional and causes me to question your actual status as an active duty noncom. That level of disrespect would have cost you at least one stripe every time you exhibited it under MY command.

Suggesting that anyone who served for 21 years and retired did not do so honorably has lost you my respect.

Pussy.

LOL Gayboybiker still talks to me, even knowing he is on my ignore list for stupidity. Gotta love the gift that keeps giving. Does he still brag about pushing his desk?

Now now, someone has to control the desk jobs. But to brag about it is something different.

Pussy.

LOL Gayboybiker still talks to me, even knowing he is on my ignore list for stupidity. Gotta love the gift that keeps giving. Does he still brag about pushing his desk?

Every gay soldier and sailor I've ever known is head and shoulders above Ollie in the courage department. He can't even stick with internet debates without running away with his hands over his ears.

This topic is rediculous. You people have no idea what you are talking about. For starters all gay people are born gay (do you think gay people would chose this lifestyle? that would be the same as heterosexuals saying they chose their lifestyle)... The proof for people being born gay is in the medical journals and the psychiatric journals. BEING A HOMOSEXUAL DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS ALL ABOUT SEX. Before posting such rediculous garbage on this site, do your research.

Forum List

Back