Allen West: Social Security Is 'A Form Of Slavery'

Fuck Allen West. IM saying SS is a form of slavery.

Sure, if you expand the definition of slavery to the point of meaninglessness. By your standards,

traffic lights are slavery.

No, I did not expand it's definition.

slavery (ˈsleɪvərɪ)

— n
1. the state or condition of being a slave; a civil relationship whereby one person has absolute power over another and controls his life, liberty, and fortune As in, paying SS without a choice.
2. the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work As in, having to pay into SS without choice.
3. the condition of being subject to some influence or habit As in, paying into SS without choice.
4. work done in harsh conditions for low pay As in, the arbitrarily decided means of harsh conditions and low pay, or paying SS wihtout choice.

"Wage slavery refers to a situation of quasi-voluntary slavery where a person's livelihood depends on wages, especially when the dependence is total and immediate."

I've experienced both forms of dependence.
SS provides a much greater degree of personal freedom, imho.

"quasi-voluntary". :lmao:

Everyone's "livlihood" depends on wage. Whether the wage is paid in exchange units, or you grow your own food, etc by expending your own energy. The great lengths people will go.......

"Wage slavery refers to a situation of quasi-voluntary slavery where a person's livelihood depends on wages, especially when the dependence is total and immediate."

Everyone's "livlihood" depends on wage. Whether the wage is paid in exchange units, or you grow your own food, etc by expending your own energy. The great lengths people will go.......
Every slave's or prostitute's existence depends on wage; it doesn't follow that there are no alternative economies.

"The exchange of money and debt for prolonged and unfulfilling work choices traces back to the disintegration of hunter-gatherer gift economies and the origin of prostitution as a 'fundamental feature of human civilization'".

Slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like any form of providing for one's old age is a form of slavery.
Just going to work every day is slavery, but it's also voluntary, so why don't more people free themselves from that work-slave bondage? By not working they would be free of three forms of slavery, work, paying taxes and Social Security. Using this reasoning I suspect that any pension is a form of slavery. Think of what we have done with our veterans, for their service, both disabled and retired, we reward them with more slavery, and we simpletons thought we were helping.
It's a damn tough life trying to stay out of the government's greedy hands. But we can look back on our happy life before Social Security and the freedom for the old to sell apples on street corners.

By Alana Horowitz

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Sunday called Social Security "a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

Responding to a question about the increase of Americans getting Social Security benefits, he said, "that is an unfortunate consequence of failing economic policies coming from the president so that now when people are running out of the unemployment benefits, now they are looking toward going on Social Security disability… so once again we are creating the sense of economic dependence, which to me is a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

This isn't the first time he's compared U.S. social programs to slavery. Last week, he said that President Obama "does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American ... he'd rather you be his slave."

More: Allen West: Social Security Is 'A Form Of Slavery'

If dat dere's true den alls I gots to say is "Thank God for ol Massa".

Give a man with a broken leg a crutch and it makes him dependent on the crutch. He'll never walk again.

Suuuuure

Give a man with a broken leg a crutch and it makes him dependent on the crutch. He'll never walk again.

Suuuuure
He got it half right.

Liberoidals break your leg, hand you a crutch, then condescendingly pat you on the back and tell you how lucky you are to have them there to "help" you.

sounds like how the right treats disabled vets.
Right...They treat them so poorly that they nominated two of them for President.

Every slave's or prostitute's existence depends on wage; it doesn't follow that there are no alternative economies.

"The exchange of money and debt for prolonged and unfulfilling work choices traces back to the disintegration of hunter-gatherer gift economies and the origin of prostitution as a 'fundamental feature of human civilization'".

Slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's your point. It isn't just slaves or prostitutes that depend on wage, it is everyone.
Or are you just throwing around the idea that production and compensation or the evils in society and we should all returnt o hunter-gatherer status?

And prostitution is actually a form of production. Voluntary exchange of service. Don't want to be a prostitute? Don't be one!

I don't see any point here.

West is a total Teabagger psycho.

Yeah, He's a big sissy right? Not to be compared with Barney Fwank or Harry Reid..
or smuckmucker in NY or Sanders in Vt. Those are real men Right?

Lefties are so tough and cool too. :eusa_hand:

Another rw who says something stupid rather than face the issue.

West is certifiable. Yes, he's violent, yes, he hints at more violence against those he dislikes. Does anyone really think that makes him more of a man?

Fact is, he says dumb things like this to get dumb people to follow him rather than THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

This isn't the first time he's compared U.S. social programs to slavery. Last week, he said that President Obama "does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American ... he'd rather you be his slave."

Mr West is correct.............

So, except for guys like Mitt, we are all slaves.

Forum List

Back