Is Mitt the reps John Kerry?

tererun

Rookie
May 19, 2012
carolinas
Remembering back to the 2004 elections the Dems were running against a rather disliked republican incumbent. Bush had done some really poor things in his first term and people were really against him. first he allowed an attack on a civilian target on US soil. he then lied about WMDs and went to war with an uninvolved country costing billions of dollars. He was ignoring the boogieman of 9/11 which he created. The tech bubble had burst, and he was helping his friends get cheap labor overseas. It seemed like the Dems could not lose as long as they did not run someone completely fucked up.

And so they had a lackluster primary with a bunch of fuckwits. john kerry came out on top. John was a truly boring candidate with no ideas and a shitty connection to the voters. His main selling point was anything but bush, which was a pretty big selling point for the left. John showed the US the problem with a campaign that is run on the problems of the incumbent. yes, there was bitter fighting over who would get there, but when the election came around John had a supposed plan he never got into details about, he could only inspire the core of the party which was going to vote no matter who ran, and Bush squeeked by.

now we have another boring MA leader who is running on an anything but the incumbent platform. he has no defined plan, he is boring as hell, he is disconnected from the people, and even in his own party he is an oddball. Just like in 2004 america is being beaten to death on a couple of issues, but it is not electrifying the party candidate slamming the incumbent. Mitt had a boost when his party rallied around him, but he is not firing america up. just like john he doesn't even fire up his own party. By the time the election comes around people are not going to want to hear about the decided obamacare, just like they didn't want to hear about the quagmire of iraq anymore. The economy and jobs will pick up as they do every year between halloween and christmas, people will feel good, and hate for the fuck ups of the incumbent will subside because people are in a better mood.

So who thinks Romney is the republican's John kerry?

no one knows. Dukakis led Bush Sr by 18 points in August. Anything can happen.

Kerry's voted-for-it-before-I-voted-against-it comment on an appropriations bill came to define his position on the issue that was arguably most important for his base--Iraq--and one of the largest motivators of the ABB sentiment.

Similarly, Romney's base is furious about Obamacare, to the point of slipping into their own ABO mindset, yet Romney was not only very clearly all for it until very recently, he's the godfather of it.

But whereas the Dems tried to get topical and run a be-medaled war veteran to take on the war president, the Republicans this time around decided to go with Gordon Gekko in the wake of a middle class-wrecking financial meltdown. So, points for creativity.

very good observation. theres a reason that he's made a career out of runnin for President too. Reminds me of Whitman in Cali when it comes to the $ issue.

Remembering back to the 2004 elections the Dems were running against a rather disliked republican incumbent. Bush had done some really poor things in his first term and people were really against him. first he allowed an attack on a civilian target on US soil. he then lied about WMDs and went to war with an uninvolved country costing billions of dollars. He was ignoring the boogieman of 9/11 which he created. The tech bubble had burst, and he was helping his friends get cheap labor overseas. It seemed like the Dems could not lose as long as they did not run someone completely fucked up.

And so they had a lackluster primary with a bunch of fuckwits. john kerry came out on top. John was a truly boring candidate with no ideas and a shitty connection to the voters. His main selling point was anything but bush, which was a pretty big selling point for the left. John showed the US the problem with a campaign that is run on the problems of the incumbent. yes, there was bitter fighting over who would get there, but when the election came around John had a supposed plan he never got into details about, he could only inspire the core of the party which was going to vote no matter who ran, and Bush squeeked by.

now we have another boring MA leader who is running on an anything but the incumbent platform. he has no defined plan, he is boring as hell, he is disconnected from the people, and even in his own party he is an oddball. Just like in 2004 america is being beaten to death on a couple of issues, but it is not electrifying the party candidate slamming the incumbent. Mitt had a boost when his party rallied around him, but he is not firing america up. just like john he doesn't even fire up his own party. By the time the election comes around people are not going to want to hear about the decided obamacare, just like they didn't want to hear about the quagmire of iraq anymore. The economy and jobs will pick up as they do every year between halloween and christmas, people will feel good, and hate for the fuck ups of the incumbent will subside because people are in a better mood.

I see someone's getting their talking points from the Sunday morning "news" shows.

I do believe that is the hope they can swift boat him with his wealth.

Damned if I know, but I do know you are the USMB's dumbest contestant.

who+will+be+a+millionaire+2.jpg

The Shrub was "rather disliked" by the leftloons?

God, are you schmucks kind to yourselves...:lol:

Reminds me of how they were so quick to throw Joe Lieberman under the Bus... I think they'd eat there own young just to say something like: "See...I told you we weren't vegetarians".

It's occurred to me. They are different men though. Kerry served in Vietnam, has been in the Senate for a number of years and has generally been ineffective at that post. Governor Romney has been unemployed for a number of years and has been largely a failed career politician and by definition has been ineffective at that post.

It's occurred to me. They are different men though. Kerry served in Vietnam, has been in the Senate for a number of years and has generally been ineffective at that post. Governor Romney has been unemployed for a number of years and has been largely a failed career politician and by definition has been ineffective at that post.
Izzatafact?

Who knew?

Very much so, except that Kerry wasn't a vulture capitalist.

No he married 2 rich women and fucked over his comrades in arms.

Why aren't you out on a "moonlight" ride with your little psycho buddy Allen West?

Seeing I live about 600 miles away from him now, I'll have to wait until early December before we get together again. Until then, I'll amuse myself here listening to you sputter and shriek every time I neg your ass.

No, he’s far less qualified than Kerry; yes in that he’ll lose this November.

Oblamo supporters should probably avoid talking about "qualifications", with what little "qualifications" they required Oblamo to have in 2008, it makes them nothing more than partisan hypocrites.

No, he’s far less qualified than Kerry; yes in that he’ll lose this November.

Oblamo supporters should probably avoid talking about "qualifications", with what little "qualifications" they required Oblamo to have in 2008, it makes them nothing more than partisan hypocrites.

I think a successful term as a senator is a little better than a complete failure term as a governor, but then again obama is black, and you are a racist.

Forum List

Back