Allen West: Social Security Is 'A Form Of Slavery'

Fuck Allen West. IM saying SS is a form of slavery.
"Wage slavery refers to a situation of quasi-voluntary slavery where a person's livelihood depends on wages, especially when the dependence is total and immediate."

I've experienced both forms of dependence.
SS provides a much greater degree of personal freedom, imho.

So, except for guys like Mitt, we are all slaves.

Pretty much. If you work for a living you are a voluntary slave.

However if one qualifies for SSDI they have been judged by professionals as to not be able to work. Slavery? naah.

We must work to get that 8.3% non slave number down to 0.

Last edited:
Crazy Teabagger trash like West need to be evicted from Congress.

Move to his congressional district and run against him.

Otherwise, I spit on you.

If you don't serve in congress now...you are nothing but a piece of antcrap.

By Alana Horowitz

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Sunday called Social Security "a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

Responding to a question about the increase of Americans getting Social Security benefits, he said, "that is an unfortunate consequence of failing economic policies coming from the president so that now when people are running out of the unemployment benefits, now they are looking toward going on Social Security disability… so once again we are creating the sense of economic dependence, which to me is a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

This isn't the first time he's compared U.S. social programs to slavery. Last week, he said that President Obama "does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American ... he'd rather you be his slave."

More: Allen West: Social Security Is 'A Form Of Slavery'

And he is correct !

Thanks for posting this.

It is good to see that other recognize what a pathetic program this is and how it has trapped so many of our seniors into poverty.

I would never shut it down. Those seniors are tied to it and I would never take it away from them. But if I were entering the workforce today, I would want a different option even if meant me helping out for a while as the current system is phased out.

Could the Social Insecurity ponzi scheme be run any more incompetently ?

And then you have shit for brains liberals fellating bureaucrats for the meager crumbs they get...

Impressive lol

No one likes the increase in disability recipients, but to me, it is expected with our aging society...people tend to get injured or sick or disabled later in life and with the Boomers at our doorstep, we have a lot more older people. It's not like it is easy peasy to get a disability claim through....most all that apply are denied the first time they apply, it takes appeals and lawyers to help people get a claim through the disability insurance program that people have paid all their life for....

I'd like to see the breakdown on age groups filing for disability, this could confirm or conflict with my theory on the aging population.

Care,I know you're a sweetheart.. But you're way off base here. I find myself in the middle of this problem monthly with the folks who abuse the system. Its not the elderly.

peace

Fuck Allen West. IM saying SS is a form of slavery.
"Wage slavery refers to a situation of quasi-voluntary slavery where a person's livelihood depends on wages, especially when the dependence is total and immediate."

I've experienced both forms of dependence.
SS provides a much greater degree of personal freedom, imho.

So, except for guys like Mitt, we are all slaves.
We are all slaves to guys like Mitt.

SS is a form of slavery. You certainly do not get to choose whether you would like to participate, there is no guarantee you will receive benefits from participating and if you do not make it to the collection age, you get nothing at all for all the years you've put in.

Just like income taxation is a form of slavery. You have to pay it or the state will use violence and coercion to exact "justice" on you for noncompliiance. The same as a slave of the plantations was forced to plow, pick or what have you, or suffer the violence of the owner for noncompliance.

You just like your cage, that's all. You decorated it up real nice now and have no intentions of ever leaving.

A slave isn't allowed to leave. No one's stopping you.
Remember that if you and the rest of the 47% non-income-taxpaying adult citizens suddenly have to start paying the same rate on every dollar earned like every other citizen...

But the funny thing is that I can almost assuredly guarantee it will be a cry fest if you have equality in treatment.... "oh woe is me... I can't afford it"... and then if entitlements are slashed "oh woe is me.... I'm not getting things for my needs".... and all you have to remember is your own advice.. you can always leave
look at you raising taxes like a liberal.

Give everyone access to tax attorneys. You make a flat tax and you know the tax attorneys wont just disappear, right?

By Alana Horowitz

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Sunday called Social Security "a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

Responding to a question about the increase of Americans getting Social Security benefits, he said, "that is an unfortunate consequence of failing economic policies coming from the president so that now when people are running out of the unemployment benefits, now they are looking toward going on Social Security disability… so once again we are creating the sense of economic dependence, which to me is a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

This isn't the first time he's compared U.S. social programs to slavery. Last week, he said that President Obama "does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American ... he'd rather you be his slave."

More: Allen West: Social Security Is 'A Form Of Slavery'

Uh oh.....:eusa_whistle:

"quasi-voluntary". :lmao:

Everyone's "livlihood" depends on wage. Whether the wage is paid in exchange units, or you grow your own food, etc by expending your own energy. The great lengths people will go.......
Every slave's or prostitute's existence depends on wage; it doesn't follow that there are no alternative economies.

"The exchange of money and debt for prolonged and unfulfilling work choices traces back to the disintegration of hunter-gatherer gift economies and the origin of prostitution as a 'fundamental feature of human civilization'".

Slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's your point. It isn't just slaves or prostitutes that depend on wage, it is everyone.
Or are you just throwing around the idea that production and compensation or the evils in society and we should all returnt o hunter-gatherer status?

And prostitution is actually a form of production. Voluntary exchange of service. Don't want to be a prostitute? Don't be one!

I don't see any point here.
Some of us don't depend on an hourly, daily, weekly or piece work basis for the monetary renumeration that funds our survival or on salary either, for that matter.

Some of us live by controlling the means of production, and that exchange was never voluntary.

No one likes the increase in disability recipients, but to me, it is expected with our aging society...people tend to get injured or sick or disabled later in life and with the Boomers at our doorstep, we have a lot more older people. It's not like it is easy peasy to get a disability claim through....most all that apply are denied the first time they apply, it takes appeals and lawyers to help people get a claim through the disability insurance program that people have paid all their life for....

I'd like to see the breakdown on age groups filing for disability, this could confirm or conflict with my theory on the aging population.

Your theory has been found not to hold water.

A 2006 report: The Growth in the Social Security Disability Rolls: A Fiscal Crisis Unfolding

In 1985, 2.2 percent of individuals between the ages of 25 and 64 were receiving DI benefits, but by 2005 this fraction had risen to 4.1 percent. If recent entry and exit rates continue in the years ahead, then more than 6 percent of the nonelderly adult population will soon be receiving DI benefits.

The rapid expansion of the beneficiary population has three main causes.
First, a set of congressional reforms in 1984 to Disability Insurance screening led to rapid growth in the share of recipients suffering from back pain and mental illness. Because these disorders have comparatively low mortality, the average duration of disability spells—and hence the size of the recipient population—has increased. Second, a rise in the after-tax DI income replacement rate—that is, the ratio of disability income to former labor earnings—strengthened the incentives for workers to seek benefits. Third, a rapid increase in female labor force participation expanded the pool of insured workers. The aging of the baby boom generation has contributed little to the rise of receipt of disability benefits, while improvements in population health have likely reduced the incidence of disabling medical disorders.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back