Allen West: Social Security Is 'A Form Of Slavery'

It was very conservative to remain under the crown.
It was liberal to break away.

Yeah It was really higher taxes they wanted to pay the Empire...........

What staggering , adolescent , idiocy..................

You do not understand the long term definition of conservative. It is not just about taxes.

It is you that is twisting the concept to make your point.

A true "conservative" (absent any political thought) want's to preserve the status quo.

A conservative would not want to leave the crown.....unless there was a good reason to do so. Many of the founders tried to work with the crown. It was only after they saw no way out that they decided to revolt. There is a reactionary course to any philosophy.

A true conservative would have preserved the union.

Liberals would have let the South succeed.

You like to play games, don't you ?

If liberals had their way, there would never have been a U.S.A.

Thomas Jefferson was a real liberal.

You do not understand the long term definition of conservative. It is not just about taxes.

It is you that is twisting the concept to make your point.

A true "conservative" (absent any political thought) want's to preserve the status quo.

A conservative would not want to leave the crown.....unless there was a good reason to do so. Many of the founders tried to work with the crown. It was only after they saw no way out that they decided to revolt. There is a reactionary course to any philosophy.

A true conservative would have preserved the union.

Liberals would have let the South succeed.

You like to play games, don't you ?

Make up your mind.

And the South was allowed to succeed. The South just decided to start a war to keep their secession.

Make up your mind.

And the South was allowed to succeed. The South just decided to start a war to keep their secession.

Such a statement only helps provide perspective on the really stupid things you say in defense of our current idiot-in-chief.

Give a man with a broken leg a crutch and it makes him dependent on the crutch. He'll never walk again.

Suuuuure
He got it half right.

Liberoidals break your leg, hand you a crutch, then condescendingly pat you on the back and tell you how lucky you are to have them there to "help" you.

sounds like how the right treats disabled vets.

Care to name any liberals that are contributing to Wounded Warriors? Then name those on the right that are working for that organization. I am a vet and I give $19 a month to that organization that helps my fellow vets. No brag, just fact.

I worked with vets with PTSD for a couple of years before my disability prevented me from doing it.
I was a watchdog/mentor for those released but not too stable.
I worked with the local VA hospital. And even handled a couple of hostage/suicide situations.
The county Sherrifs office called me if they had problems with one of my "boys".
Several still come by and see me.
I did lose one to suicide... sad thoughts...

I suffered PTSD before it even had a name, so I knew where they were coming from.
I think my involvement predated the Wounded Warriors project.

My point is that the govt should do this for them and not depend on donations from you or I.

Last edited:

the American Revolution was not about high taxes. It was about taxation without representation. If you find yourself without a job, you will be able to use the same programs as anyone else....therefore, You are represented.

I worked with vets with PTSD for a couple of years before my disability prevented me from doing it.
I was a watchdog/mentor for those released but not too stable.
I worked with the local VA hospital. And even handled a couple of hostage/suicide situations.
The county Sherrifs office called me if they had problems with one of my "boys".
Several still come by and see me.
I did lose one to suicide... sad thoughts...

I suffered PTSD before it even had a name, so I knew where they were coming from.
I think my involvement predated the Wounded Warriors project.

My point is that the govt should do this for them and not depend on donations from you or I.

Good for you, and the VA is doing all they can for my fellow vets. I know, since I go there for treatment. I don't think the government DEPENDS on donations from you and I, but I do know the vets don't care where the aid comes from.

I put this in the category of government food stamps and church/charitable food banks. The folks that come to my church every other Saturday seem to appreciate the groceries that we give them as it supplements what many of them get with their food stamps.

By Alana Horowitz

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Sunday called Social Security "a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

Responding to a question about the increase of Americans getting Social Security benefits, he said, "that is an unfortunate consequence of failing economic policies coming from the president so that now when people are running out of the unemployment benefits, now they are looking toward going on Social Security disability… so once again we are creating the sense of economic dependence, which to me is a form of modern, 21st century slavery."

This isn't the first time he's compared U.S. social programs to slavery. Last week, he said that President Obama "does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning, and having that title of American ... he'd rather you be his slave."

More: Allen West: Social Security Is 'A Form Of Slavery'

Social Security is certainly a form of bondage.

15% of the lifetime income from anyone making less than 110K a year taken by the fucking government at what cost?

I have shown you fucking sheep over and over again that even someone making the median income of about 45K a year for his entire working lifetime could retire a millionaire and never have to worry about money in retirement but you all think that SS is better than one controlling his own money.

SS is nothing but a government program designed to keep people dependent on government and since we are all forced to participate then SS is tantamount to imposed financial bondage.

In other words slavery.

"Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) on Sunday called Social Security 'a form of modern, 21st century slavery.'

"Responding to a question about the increase of Americans getting Social Security benefits, he said, 'that is an unfortunate consequence of failing economic policies coming from the president so that now when people are running out of the unemployment benefits, now they are looking toward going on Social Security disability… so once again we are creating the sense of economic dependence, which to me is a form of modern, 21st century slavery.'"

Allen West: Social Security Is 'A Form Of Slavery'

Corrupt private bankers and their bought-and-paid-for politicians from both major parties crashed the global economy in 2008, destroying millions of jobs and billion$ in home equity, and West worries about a safety net "creating the sense of economic dependence.".

Absent the Bush tax cuts, two illegal and unpaid for invasions and occupations, and the greatest transfer of private debt into public debt in history, those who are now turning from unemployment insurance to disability benefits would likely have needed neither.

Since Allen West is a member of the third of four consecutive generations of War Slaves, what we have here is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Fuck Allen West. IM saying SS is a form of slavery.

Sure, if you expand the definition of slavery to the point of meaninglessness. By your standards,

traffic lights are slavery.

No, I did not expand it's definition.

slavery (ˈsleɪvərɪ)

— n
1. the state or condition of being a slave; a civil relationship whereby one person has absolute power over another and controls his life, liberty, and fortune As in, paying SS without a choice.
2. the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work As in, having to pay into SS without choice.
3. the condition of being subject to some influence or habit As in, paying into SS without choice.
4. work done in harsh conditions for low pay As in, the arbitrarily decided means of harsh conditions and low pay, or paying SS wihtout choice.

Right, so all involuntary taxation is slavery, so in your opinion, no government can exist without slavery.

That's why you're an idiot.

Another tax exempt Media Matters scoop transferred to Huffington for distribution to the ignorant left. Ho Hum. What West really implied was that "economic dependence, aka complete dependence on the federal government is a form of 21st century slavery. You can count on racist lefties to feign outrage when the democrat plantation is exposed for what it is. LBJ put Black Americans in virtual slavery when he established the ironically named "war on poverty" which established the federal government as the head of the household and sleazy poverty pimps as the modern overseers. The evidence is out there. Any Black man or woman who successfully escapes the democrat plantation is vilified and condemned and called "uncle tom" like Justice Thomas or or portrayed as a slave mammy like Dr. Condie Rice.

Forum List

Back