All things Doctor Who!

I think the fact that the TARDIS was able to break the time lock was because it was a predestination paradox. Clara had to be there to plant the idea of something under the bed in the Doctor's mind.

(Also notice that kid had Bill Hartnell's hair style. Nice touch.)

A more interesting concept- The Doctor's Parents implied that they didn't think he was quite up to becoming a Time Lord. That would indicate they were not Time Lords themselves. (Obviously, not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords.) But it's been hinted the "Woman in White" from "End of Time" was the Doctor's Mother. Or at least that was Davies' theory.

Wasn't there an episode where a spider lady was hatching eggs full of hungry spiders going to eat all humans with her space ship hiding inside of the moon?

Wasn't there an episode where a spider lady was hatching eggs full of hungry spiders going to eat all humans with her space ship hiding inside of the moon?

Yes, that was the 2006 Christmas Special, "The Runaway Bride", which introduced the character of Donna Noble.

Except her spaceship was at the center of the Earth, and got trapped there when the Earth formed.

A very good Dr. Who Christmas Special is "The Next Doctor" starring David Tennant from 2008.
The villian is the Cybermen who end up in Victorian England in 1851 just before Christmas. Their goal is to enslave the Earth, all acknowledging the authority of their newly created "Cyber King". It's like their goal is to turn the Earth into one big North Korea. They of course fail, and the drama climaxes with the destruction of the Cybermen along with their "King", who is actually a woman.
Very entertaining ;-)
Here is promotional image for that episode:
cult-doctor-who-david-morrissey-david-tennant-the-next-doctor.jpg

A very good Dr. Who Christmas Special is "The Next Doctor" starring David Tennant from 2008.
The villian is the Cybermen who end up in Victorian England in 1851 just before Christmas. Their goal is to enslave the Earth, all acknowledging the authority of their newly created "Cyber King". It's like their goal is to turn the Earth into one big North Korea. They of course fail, and the drama climaxes with the destruction of the Cybermen along with their "King", who is actually a woman.
Very entertaining ;-)
Here is promotional image for that episode:
View attachment 35177

The governor is a good guy!

Should the Next Doctor be a woman?

Female Doctor Poll Results A Case For

I think that this season, when they made the New Master a woman, they were sending up a trial balloon to see if the fans would accept it.

master-21.jpg

A fan poll showed that 53% of fans were against the Doctor regenerating into a woman.

I think I'd be against it, mostly because the show has always been based on this formula of the Doctor and a usually female companion being the audience surrogate having things explained to us. And it's a formula that has mostly worked for 50 years.

I don't watch Dr. Who and never have, except by accident here and there, but my one contribution to the subject is a bit of useless trivia...

Tom Baker, who played Dr. Who from 1974 to 1984 (an astounding 178 episodes) should best be remembered for his stellar portrayal of Rasputin in the 1971 movie Nicholas and Alexandra.

Tonight's Christmas episode was pretty good, left me guessing all the way until the end what was going on until it got to the conclusion, that was pretty good.

Best line-

"You call a horror movie 'Alien'? No wonder people are always invading you!"

Tonight's Christmas episode was pretty good, left me guessing all the way until the end what was going on until it got to the conclusion, that was pretty good.

Best line-

"You call a horror movie 'Alien'? No wonder people are always invading you!"
yea i thought it was pretty good too....

Forum List

Back